Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 04:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Venkat (or anyone else), do you have the latest JD report? Maybe that will have a different picture.

Venkat, I hope you manage to do something about your Baleno. It's sad to see someone flaming their own car so much. Go meet up with the other Bangy boys, I'm sure they can help you out once they have a look.
I did some googling and found the 2005 JD Power report, while Esteem, Wagon R and Alto continue to be doing great in their segments, Baleno still continues to be outsold by City and Accent. It also continues to have the most number of Initial Quality problems per 100 vehciles in its segment.

Below are the figures:
Initial Quality Study per 100 Vehicles-

Honda City: 72
Hyundai Accent: 114
Lancer: 98
Baleno: 128

The Data is not suprising to me, as I would have assumed Honda would have better finishing and product quality than Maruti. Hyundai on the other hand is quite close to Baleno.
But all those trigger happy fellow bhpians who were challenging the credibility of the earlier data, and calling the previous survey extinct, invalid etc. please read the 2005 survey which continues on the same trend as 2004.
This thread is not about how good VFM Baleno is, how great its engine is, or how dated the car is, or how it looks, or the cheap spares, this thread is about the JD Power survey which finds the most number of intial quality problems in Baleno in regards to its segment.
The survey for 2005 can be viewed at:
http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...1213_power.htm#

Click to englarge the picture, and you can see the stats. Lastly, lets all disagree, contradict each other, state our opinions, but in a healthy spirit. Let this thread not become another one of the Baleno duals, where mods have to jump in.

Last edited by aseem : 18th May 2006 at 04:22.
Old 18th May 2006, 08:04   #47
Team-BHP Support

After 47 posts this thread still doesn’t have any conclusion.

And venkatrx, you’ll not get any clear answer if your are looking at any.

If you have a serious problem with your Baleno’s mileage and quality, then you should consult/discuss with members driving Baleno in your city. They’ll be more than happy to help you.

I don’t want to start a new discussion on mileage but here’s a small example:
My car gave me 16 kmpl + last time on highway. AC was on right through except one hour (all put together) of smoking time. Speed never came down below 100 and never went up above 160. You can surely discount city traffic from Hosur to Indiranagar.

In city I never get any more than 8.5 kmpl. I cannot or I should not complain because we all crawl here. That’s the reality and that’s the condition of our traffic. From a car weighing above 1250kg, I think it’s pretty ok.

I don’t know about your driving style or where you drive. But having a Baleno and continuously complaining about it doesn’t really make sense. You should try to sort out your problems fast. Unless you’re trying to find excuses to get rid of this car.

Since we’re not going to get any solution or answer from this thread…I’ve no choice but to lock it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks