Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 10:53   #16
BHPian

Re: XUV500 to Add Cheaper and Expensive Variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
The only two reasons I could think of were

1. Innova has lower variants that are cheaper than the XUV W6 which attract buyers looking just for a spacious MUV.
2. The solid reliability Toyota vehicles offer in general.
Apart from this one more reason is there is no space at all to keep even a single bag in the XUV. Whereas Innova has easily 200 liters or more boot space.

Further 7 seater in Innova is a major attraction for private buyers. XUV misses out on this. XUV does not have a big taxi market
Old 5th April 2013, 18:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I have around 7 people in my circle, out of which 3 of them have already sold their XUV's. One of them even sold it In 6 months. Out of the rest 4 one of them sometimes thinks of selling his but doesn't because of the loss.Rest 3 are satisfied.

Those who have sold it , did so due to numerous problems. I don't want to go in a debate on what kind of problems, but they were justified enough for them to sell the car and bear the loss, when they bought the car so lovingly.

I also like the looks of XUV much more than Innova and especially the image of XUV.

But after a year or so of XUV reviews, i would still put my money on an Innova even if it offers me less than half the bells and whistles of an XUV at a higher cost.
Peace of mind is prime importance to me and must be for a lot of others.
Hmm true. Didn't know about such XUV500 stories!! So there seems to be no other way than improving their A. S. S, reliability and overall quality! As a Tata vehicle owner, I know what you're talking about ( though not much experiences personally)!
Old 6th April 2013, 09:19   #18
BHPian

Not sure whats the issue with XUV that people are talking about. I have not faced anything major in my 20k ownership. And there is always GREAT service backup when there is an issue.

However I have always felt the need for a lower variant for it to shatter the competition. However Scorpio needs to watch out. Higher variant with a more powerful heart is also a welcome - but I doubt whether the car's current chassis will handle more power (handling).
Old 6th April 2013, 11:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
What will be the higher variant sporting? I hope Mahindra will bring in an automatic version of the XUV and its high time now. Maybe they should also provide a sunroof.
I second that. I would love to see an XUV auto with sunroof
Old 14th May 2013, 10:25   #20
BHPian

Mahindra to launch low spec W4 variant of XUV 500

Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) will be launching a base spec W4 variant of the XUV500 within the next few months. The new variant could help M&M arrest sliding sales of the XUV500, which have come down from 3721 units in January to 2253 units last month. M&M's home grown SUV has also been grappling with quality niggles & irritants.

XUV500 to Add Cheaper and Expensive Variants-143484.jpg

The lower priced W4 variant could help M&M tackle the strong challenge posed by Renault's Duster and Ford's upcoming EcoSport. For the months of March and April this year, Duster sales stood at 11675 units while in the same period, sales of the Scorpio stood at 9095 units and XUV500 at 5440 units. Rising diesel prices and an increase in excise duty on SUVs has further hit this segment.

XUV500 to Add Cheaper and Expensive Variants-143529.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2013 at 11:27.
Redline6800 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Re: Mahindra to launch low spec W4 variant of XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) will be launching a base spec W4 variant of the XUV500 within the next few months. The new variant could help M&M arrest sliding sales of the XUV500, which have come down from 3721 units in January to 2253 units last month. M&M's home grown SUV has also been grappling with quality niggles & irritants.
One query, Will the W4 version have ABS and Airbags ?

I don't mind them removing climate control, music system, mood lighting,Cruise control, Steering controls....etc but it would be appreciated if they retained ABS and Airbags.
Old 14th May 2013, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post

I don't mind them removing climate control, music system, mood lighting,Cruise control, Steering controls....etc but it would be appreciated if they retained ABS and Airbags.
Totally agree. But it gets tricky for them.

M&M has to look aggressive compared to renault as well.

They should at least provide:
ABS,twin airbags, All 4 disc brakes, music sytem(c'mon its a 12+ Lakh OTR car)

Cruise control, and other jazzy features can be stripped as you mentioned.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:20   #23
BHPian

I hope they introduce all black interiors in W4 variant,I don't like the dual tone black-plum look the current versions have.Also,a AWD W6 would be nice as well.
C'mon Mahindra give some options to the customer.There are few options that a consumer can choose from in their 'global SUV' even after almost 2 years of its launch.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:01   #24
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What's the source of this information about W4?
Old 14th May 2013, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lower priced W4 variant could help M&M tackle the strong challenge
Thanks Redline.

This lower end XUV will do well, as this shall shield itself from most of the electronics(read bells & whistles) and with the right mix of safety & functionality thrown in, shall provide the 'yield' for M&M!
Old 14th May 2013, 20:01   #26
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post

I too feel it is essential to retain the Airbags and ABS. However, it would be difficult to figure out when these features have stopped working unlike other electronics like a ICE!

Instead, Giving out bulletins about the quality improvement they are making could possibly improve the buyer confidence. No point in acting as if nothing is wrong with it now.

Last edited by DRC : 14th May 2013 at 20:03. Reason: addition
Old 15th May 2013, 09:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
What's the source of this information about W4?
Hi SDP, Its from the same HT Mint article. Though there have been reports appearing for a while now.
Redline6800 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 09:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
This lower end XUV will do well, as this shall shield itself from most of the electronics(read bells & whistles) and with the right mix of safety & functionality thrown in, shall provide the 'yield' for M&M!
Absolutely! less really is more in this case
Old 15th May 2013, 10:20   #29
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi SDP, Its from the same HT Mint article. Though there have been reports appearing for a while now.
Sorry, could not find the link in your post or in this thread.
Could you please share a link?

Just trying to understand if this is a rumour. Anand Mahindra/Pawan Goenka had declined any possibility of a W4 a few months back. So just curious if there is some new thinking in the M&M camp.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry, could not find the link in your post or in this thread. Could you please share a link?
Here you go - Link 1 and Link 2
Redline6800 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks