Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 14:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Had checked with the Mumbai dealer JMD over the phone, they (SE) are giving vague answers and are insisting the launch would be at the end of the year. I reckon Diwali is when they would launch this beauty.

However, there would be a minimum of three models i was told, the new Octavia, sure looks like another winner from Skoda Auto.
I would be really surprised if now the car is launched only in november. If you remember ACI had mentioned in its initial report that it would be launched by april/may. also if you see skoda dealers are trying to clear off the current laura. till a month back laura diesel was being offered at 13.45 ex showroom, now i see that it has been dropped to 12.99. so to me it looks like the launch is imminent.

I really hope they won't delay it till november
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 13:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
The current king of the D segment is the new Elantra.

Now how can Skoda hit the jackpot? By doing the following:
1. Launch the Octavia at D1 Segment price for the base variant, say 15L ex-showrrom Delhi.
I thought it will be launched even for a less price than 15L ex-showroom Delhi. Will Skoda be serious about really hitting the market in a big way, by learning lessons from the Rapid experience?

I still hope that this time they will include a 1.6 TDI as well in the Octavia line-up. Let us see.

Vipin.
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:57   #108
BHPian

Just got this message.

The dealers are then aggressively clearing the Laura stocks. This signals an imminent launch of the MQB Octavia.

If I were a manufacturer in India, and had a winning product, I would launch some time in June, build enough momentum and good reviews, especially through word of mouth and multi car comparison (both autocar and overdrive do anniversary issues in September which are full of shootouts) and by the time the festive season begins translate this into demand.

The 2013 festive season will start from Aug with Eid and go on till Diwali in Nov. By the time the end year discount regime kicks in I have a big enough order book to minimize discounts on my product in the first year of launch.

IF I were Skoda i would do this

slicks
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-octavia.png  

slicks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:34   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
Just got this message.

The dealers are then aggressively clearing the Laura stocks. This signals an imminent launch of the MQB Octavia.

If I were a manufacturer in India, and had a winning product, I would launch some time in June, build enough momentum and good reviews, especially through word of mouth and multi car comparison (both autocar and overdrive do anniversary issues in September which are full of shootouts) and by the time the festive season begins translate this into demand.

The 2013 festive season will start from Aug with Eid and go on till Diwali in Nov. By the time the end year discount regime kicks in I have a big enough order book to minimize discounts on my product in the first year of launch.

IF I were Skoda i would do this

slicks
i talked to senator motors in mumbai and they are saying the launch is in december. But it looks more like an attempt to keep the interests in the laura going more than anything else. in fact they were quite aggressively pushing the laura. so all indicators point to a may/june launch
Old 24th April 2013, 10:13   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
i talked to senator motors in mumbai and they are saying the launch is in december. But it looks more like an attempt to keep the interests in the laura going more than anything else. in fact they were quite aggressively pushing the laura. so all indicators point to a may/june launch
I have the same feeling about it. I don't think the company will wait till the festive season to launch the car. I was hoping that Overdrive or Autocar would have some news about Skoda by now but it looks like Skoda is holding it's cards really close to it's chest. And if you think about it, it makes sense for them to be silent about it. They want to clear whatever stock they have of the Laura before announcing a newer version and this is the same reason the dealer's won't reveal much either. Having said that, why would they road test the car without any camo? Don't they know that once people see the cars on the road, they would know that a launch is not far away. Or is it normal for a manufacturer to road test a car 6 months before the launch? That is the only thing that has me puzzled.
Old 26th April 2013, 11:26   #111
Senior - BHPian

Here is a heads up for anyone planning to buy the Rapid / Laura. And also an indication of what may be happening at Skoda at the moment.

I called up Gurgaon yesterday to find the price for a Laura 13 model. MT Diesel base - 70k off the price. 12 model was in stock and has 1.2 lacs off.

Rapid Prestige New Model Ltd Edition has 1 lac off !! I was taken aback.

Why would SKODA give 1 lac off on a limited special edition as they call the Prestige. Or is not limited ?

I think they are only clearing away all the stock they may have of the Laura & Rapid.

I have a feeling the launch of Octavia is closer than what everyone feels around here. Also I have my doubts on the future of not only the Laura BUT also the Rapid.

There is going to be some serious change in Skoda's Plans for India and it begins right with the Octavias launch.

I am more determined now to wait for the Octavia and be amongst the first ones to buy assuming they price it sensibly.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:35   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Why would SKODA give 1 lac off on a limited special edition as they call the Prestige. Or is not limited ?

I think they are only clearing away all the stock they may have of the Laura & Rapid.
Please confirm whether the discount is on year 2012 manufactured car. Recetnly one of my friend bought Vento and he opted for 2012 model for which he got Rs 1L discount. Same is the case with Rapid. Similarly VW Vento also coming in 'Style' variant (equal to Rapid 'Prestige') which is a mid variant (CL) but not sure if that is 2012 make or is offered with such heavy discount.

I don't think the discount on Rapid has any relation with Octavia's launch.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:47   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Here is a heads up for anyone planning to buy the Rapid / Laura. And also an indication of what may be happening at Skoda at the moment.

I called up Gurgaon yesterday to find the price for a Laura 13 model. MT Diesel base - 70k off the price. 12 model was in stock and has 1.2 lacs off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Please confirm whether the discount is on year 2012 manufactured car. Recetnly one of my friend bought Vento and he opted for 2012 model for which he got Rs 1L discount. Same is the case with Rapid. Similarly VW Vento also coming in 'Style' variant (equal to Rapid 'Prestige') which is a mid variant (CL) but not sure if that is 2012 make or is offered with such heavy discount.

I don't think the discount on Rapid has any relation with Octavia's launch.
Hi,
The offers and Prestige edition of Rapid is being discssed in detail in the Rapid's official thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-68.html. Please refer to that thread for more details and updates. Let us keep this thread dedicated to Octavia (MQB).
Old 26th April 2013, 11:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

tbppjpr - It was a 2013 model. The discount on a current special edition variant hints and indicates there is something brewing at Skoda India.

Example - the Dezire also launched a special variant BUT has no discounts unlike the normal dezire which has a discount.

narsi_6989 - My information is more inclined towards the contribution of this thread and the possible assumption that Skoda may be launching the Octavia soon and not later in the year. The discounts mentioned are only confirming my thoughts further.
Old 28th April 2013, 14:21   #115
BHPian

Spoke to Mahavir Auto, Jubilee Hills here in Hyd. The guy said November is when Skoda usually launches a new car so the Octavia can be expected then. However, they have not officially heard anything from the company yet. He then said that the launch could be earlier, around July, as a lot of customers have called in with that info.

As for discounts on the Laura, they are offering1 lakh off on all manual variants but nothing on the automatics. Is that how it is everywhere else?
Old 29th April 2013, 10:54   #116
BHPian

Hi Guys just saw the new Octavia being tested in Pune. Attaching some pics. It had a sunroof and DRL's.

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-image1291501509.jpg  

Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-image3060617962.jpg  

Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-image4219930434.jpg  

Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-image3047630837.jpg  

Last edited by musclecar : 29th April 2013 at 10:58.
musclecar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 11:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Hi Guys just saw the new Octavia being tested in Pune. Attaching some pics. It had a sunroof and DRL's.
Mate, it looks like you took the photo from a motorbike. If am correct, request you to please refrain from doing so - nothing's more important than your safety! Though it does look like the car was standing still, but you were possibly riding when you took the first shot. Pardon me, if am wrong.

Mods: This is post is OT, but I felt I must say this. Please edit if necessary.

Last edited by Tats07 : 29th April 2013 at 11:45.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:54   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post

Mate, it looks like you took the photo from a motorbike. If am correct, request you to please refrain from doing so - nothing's more important than your safety! Though it does look like the car was standing still, but you were possibly riding when you took the first shot. Pardon me, if am wrong.

Mods: This is post is OT, but I felt I must say this. Please edit if necessary.
Yes I was on the bike. But my pillion had clicked these photos and not me.
Thanks for the concern. Really appreaciate it.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Check out this link. It does have a panoramic sunroof which can be slid open.

Old 7th May 2013, 12:44   #120
BHPian

I spotted 3 octavia 2013 yesterday. Two whites and another blue with MH registration plates. Spotted them while heading back from work at Agara, Bangalore on the road towards koramangala. Couldn't take pictures but they gave me an impression of a really upgraded and sturdier Rapid. May be the boot lid design which is cued upon rapid's boot, but they didn't seem any taller/shorter. Should have tried to glance the front for the differences.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks