Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 10:23   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1

the laura diesel is now being offered at 11.99 lakhs ex-showroom in mumbai. from 13.45 to 12.99 to now 11.99. it looks they are desperately trying to clear the stocks but not without much success. has anyone with any inside information any update as to what skoda's game plan is
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 11:21   #122

Guys! here the situation on Laura in Delhi:

1.6 Lacs off on 2012 diesel model. 2 Lacs off on Petrol model.

700 units stocked with dealers which they are looking to dispose.

New Octavia may be in showrooms by June End for display. The prices for Laura will further drop once this happens.

So the important question to ask is: is it still worth picking the Laura with this discount? or should we wait for new Octavia?

MC
Old 16th May 2013, 12:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull535 View Post

New Octavia may be in showrooms by June End for display. The prices for Laura will further drop once this happens.

So the important question to ask is: is it still worth picking the Laura with this discount? or should we wait for new Octavia?

MC
it is question that i have been agonizing over for a while now. The Laura is becoming incredible value, but again i am very reluctant to buy a model which is to be phased out or for that matter which is more than 2 years into its life cycle

BTW, did the dealer tell you that the new octavia will be in showroom by june end
Old 16th May 2013, 12:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Though the new Octavia will be a brilliant car, somehow I have a inkling that VW group is somehow dumbing down its newer launches from the Skoda stable like the Octavia and the new facelifted Superb. The build quality may be stepped down too to promote the VW and Audi badges.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:19   #125
BHPian

Quote:

MC
Interesting. What would be the ex-showroom for Laura Diesel now?

Are they only getting showroom displays in June? And when's the actual launch?
Old 16th May 2013, 12:56   #126
BHPian

I think the ex-showroom price of the Laura Diesel should be around the price of the old Octavia which would be around 12-13 lakhs. I heard that few variants of Laura too will be discontinued like the Elegance trim. Any news on that?
Old 16th May 2013, 13:41   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Interesting. What would be the ex-showroom for Laura Diesel now?

Are they only getting showroom displays in June? And when's the actual launch?
Ambition 2.0 TDI MT CR Exshowroom: 14.64
Discount available on 2012 model: 1.7 Lacs
Discount on 2013 model: 30-50 K
Old 16th May 2013, 13:57   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Though the new Octavia will be a brilliant car, somehow I have a inkling that VW group is somehow dumbing down its newer launches from the Skoda stable like the Octavia and the new facelifted Superb. The build quality may be stepped down too to promote the VW and Audi badges.
That would be really sad if they do that. The only thing that goes for skoda right now is the fact that the products are good. We all know that ASS is nothing to write about. If they deliberately make the products inferior on quality, then my take is that, the brand will lose whatever value it has. I doubt they would commit harakiri like that and i hope they don't.

They can always price lower than VW, as per VAG strategy, and everyone would love them for it. The lower the better
Old 16th May 2013, 14:02   #129
BHPian

Quote:

MC
I don't think anyone can answer that question unless we know what exactly the new Octavia has to offer. We only know about the engine options right now and am not even sure if those are confirmed. With hardly any details about the specifications of the models, there is no way to judge what a good deal is and I think that is by design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
it is question that i have been agonizing over for a while now. The Laura is becoming incredible value, but again i am very reluctant to buy a model which is to be phased out or for that matter which is more than 2 years into its life cycle

BTW, did the dealer tell you that the new octavia will be in showroom by june end
Same question.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:40   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt VW will have any power of diluting the product at this stage, when the car has already been launched in Europe. Probably at the conception stage VW bosses may stipulate where the product is to be positioned vis a vis competing VW brands. The CKD kit will consist of the same parts which are used to build the European Octavia. International reviewers don't seem to have anything negative to report about the Octavia in terms of build quality or general quality levels.

Also the Octavia is one the most crucial models for Skoda. It is after all their largest selling model worldwide. The car looks very promising and if Skoda can price it right and offer wide range of variants and engine options, I am hoping the new Octavia revives the shrinking D1 saloon segment.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 16th May 2013 at 14:53.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:42   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I doubt if that will be the case. From the international reviews, I gather that the new Octavia is comparable to the MK7 Golf in terms of quality, albeit a bit of drab interiors in comparison.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:48   #132

Yes, a dealer known to me did suggest of display models to be available by June end. I kinda trust him; as he advised me not to book the Laura now. Its worth waiting when you spending 15 lacs. Also Skoda is known to struggle with supporting their customers with readily available parts. Betting on Laura doesnt seem worth with present circumstances.
Bull535 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 09:54   #133
BHPian

In its article about Skoda discontinuing Fabia Autocar India mentions that the octy will be launched in August.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/343...-in-india.aspx

The waiting game begins
Old 17th May 2013, 18:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
In its article about Skoda discontinuing Fabia Autocar India mentions that the octy will be launched in August.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/343...-in-india.aspx

The waiting game begins
Autocar had initially speculated at a mid 2013 launch if I am not wrong. Having said that, August is still better than November so I don't mind. Good to know that Skoda is looking to improve Customer Satisfaction and invest more on its dealer network.

As for the waiting game, been waiting for close to year now . Just hope this is worth the wait.
Old 17th May 2013, 20:21   #135
BHPian

Hi

My friend booked a laura diesel ambient 2012 model in bangalore at 15.6 lakhs after many rounds of negotiations.

The sales guys say the new octavia will be priced above the laura at 26.5 lakhs on road bangalore and the laura will still continue.

Any thoughts on the same.

Chetan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks