Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 20:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Has anyone come across pictures of E-Verito's interiors ?

I just found one picture.
I have attached a few.

It is unfortunate that the pictures of the interiors aren't present anywhere on the website or the brochure.

One has to Google them out

---------------

As per the website, in Delhi, Fast charging option is available at 13 points, most of which are Mahindra dealers, others are BSES (Power company) setups. There is one in Noida and two in Gurgaon.

Charging at home takes 8 hour 45 minutes.

---------------

One thing I like about Tesla cars, is the way they look. They look desirable and not wierd retarded designs which every electric car had to go through.

Had Mahindra offered a car that looked more pleasing to the eye, like a City or a Verna, with modern interiors at a slightly higher price, the conversation here would have been completely different.

I can understand that they have saved on the cost of a new platform and passed it on to the buyer and can only assume that this is a stepping stone for Mahindra and the eVerito is a Guinea Pig. Whatever they learn from here is going into the next all new electric car they are going to build.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-mahindraeveritolaunchedinindia9.jpg  

Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-mahindraeveritolaunchimagesdials.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 7th June 2016 at 20:52.
ashutoshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 15:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have attached a few.

It is unfortunate that the pictures of the interiors aren't present anywhere on the website or the brochure.
I have to admit here that the steering wheel in the picture is the most weird looking steering wheel i have seen ever.
Dual tone steering wheel! what were they thinking?

No offence meant to potential owners.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:24   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive reviews the Verito Electric and are not very impressed. The below point is a key one and a big deal breaker for the few who would consider this.

Quote:
The Mahindra e-Verito takes a fair bit of time to climb to 40kmph from naught, not ideal for quick getaways…or if you plan on robbing a bank. Mahesh Babu, the CTO of Mahindra Electric, claims that the 0-40kmph as well as 0-60kmph sprints are much faster than what one can achieve in the e2o. The maximum speed I managed to see was 56kmph and it took some time getting there. Achieving Mahindra’s claimed top speed of 86kmph will take both a long time and a long stretch of road.
Source: Overdrive
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 16:33   #94
BHPian

As I said earlier, these are the kind of Electric vehicles whose sole raison d'être is for you to ridicule them (eg. The original Reva, the e-scooters currently sold by Hero & Yo, etc.). They are built for the sole purpose of ripping the initial adopters off their hard earned money and not because the company expects any long term gains from them.

I still maintain, had Mahindra wanted a long-race-horse in their electric portfolio, they would have electrified the XUV, not the sorry E-Verito.

P.S.: We have a Logan in the family for almost 10 years now and is still our primary car.
P.P.S.: I would love it if my next car is a pure electric even though I know that public charging is absolutely not available currently within ~1000km of my location.
antz.bin is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 20:22   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
As I said earlier, these are the kind of Electric vehicles whose sole raison d'être is for you to ridicule them (eg. The original Reva, the e-scooters currently sold by Hero & Yo, etc.). They are built for the sole purpose of ripping the initial adopters off their hard earned money and not because the company expects any long term gains from them.
I still maintain, had Mahindra wanted a long-race-horse in their electric portfolio, they would have electrified the XUV, not the sorry E-Verito.
P.S.: We have a Logan in the family for almost 10 years now and is still our primary car.
P.P.S.: I would love it if my next car is a pure electric even though I know that public charging is absolutely not available currently within ~1000km of my location.
Ridicule or not, they (all EV mfrs in India, 4 wheeler or 2) will certainly not be taken seriously till the seminal issue of range is addressed by the battery mfrs as well as by the different front-line technology applications. What is baffling is that there hasn't been a peep out of M&M about the Hybrid Scorpio (the genuine article with starter/motor, aux battery pack, KERS etc., not the micro-hybrid stop/start rubbish now available) they displayed at one of the Auto Expos a couple of years back. Presumably put in deep freeze.

Last edited by shashanka : 21st June 2016 at 20:23.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 09:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Ridicule or not, they (all EV mfrs in India, 4 wheeler or 2) will certainly not be taken seriously till the seminal issue of range is addressed by the battery mfrs as well as by the different front-line technology applications. What is baffling is that there hasn't been a peep out of M&M about the Hybrid Scorpio (the genuine article with starter/motor, aux battery pack, KERS etc., not the micro-hybrid stop/start rubbish now available) they displayed at one of the Auto Expos a couple of years back. Presumably put in deep freeze.
Agreed but in the current technology scenario there is no way to extend range at a sale able price point where the manufacturer can make profits. However this range (~100km with 2 hour charging time) is ok for a purely city car. So it might make sense for a small hatch like Nano or Alto.
Old 7th December 2017, 14:31   #97
BHPian

Here's the 9.5lakhs variant.

Spotted this commercial segment prepped e-verito D2 variant.

Black cladding, No music system, No remote locking, Manual ORVMs and no fast charging (8hrs 45 mins for full charge)

Remains to be seen if cabbies will find this cost-effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-verito1.jpg  

Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-verito3.jpg  

Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-verito2.jpg  

Moto$apien is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 22:48   #98
BHPian

Well, atleast few are in actual use. Lithium Urban Technologies, the electric cab aggregator has put the eVerito in service.

Excuse the poor image quality. Location: Noida

Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-wp_20180110_19_33_11_moment.jpg
Senna4Ever is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 23:35   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Well, atleast few are in actual use. Lithium Urban Technologies, the electric cab aggregator has put the eVerito in service.

Excuse the poor image quality. Location: Noida

Attachment 1715380
The photo, as rightly said is from Noida. The vendor who has acquired these vehicles Lithium Cabs. The vendor has a fleet of cabs deployed in my office. Today I drove the car for the first time. The car has 2 power modes - F and B. F is the normal drive mode wherein B stands for Boost mode which increases the power output and the car feels zippy to drive. Car's overall top speed and total distance in one charge is a downer but considering that this is one of the few early birds in this segment hence should not be an issue for many.
racsaxen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 06:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

Keep running into the Lithium car once a month kinds. Not sure who uses Lithium if it's a cab aggregator as mentioned in one of the previous posts. But the car zipped by and was hard to keep up with. Could see the familiar circular faint neon blue speedo inside. Don't ever remember seeing passengers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Verito Electric. EDIT: Launched at 9.5 lakhs-p_20190124_212042.jpg  

Old 26th January 2019, 07:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Keep running into the Lithium car once a month kinds. Not sure who uses Lithium if it's a cab aggregator as mentioned in one of the previous posts. But the car zipped by and was hard to keep up with. Could see the familiar circular faint neon blue speedo inside. Don't ever remember seeing passengers.

Lithium is not a cab aggregator. They provide commute services to corporate employees within Bangalore
Old 26th January 2019, 07:42   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

I think few other companies have also picked this up. I see several of them regularly in the ORR stretch in Bangalore
Old 26th January 2019, 09:50   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Spotted this same car yesterday in Kothrud, Pune. Again only with a driver.. God knows if its some kind of testing going on!!
Old 26th January 2019, 11:48   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Spotted this same car yesterday in Kothrud, Pune. Again only with a driver.. God knows if its some kind of testing going on!!
I spotted the same car at least twice at the same time of day going to EON IT park, Kharadi on Nagar road, Pune. I could see the passengers too and car went in to drop them in EON parking. Looked almost like regular customer ferrying.
Old 27th January 2019, 04:31   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I spotted the same car at least twice at the same time of day going to EON IT park, Kharadi on Nagar road, Pune. I could see the passengers too and car went in to drop them in EON parking. Looked almost like regular customer ferrying.
There is an entire fleet of these electric cars at EON IT park. Since I worked there and guessing from the parking area they used emerge out off, I assume they did the transport duty for Credit Suisse.

The main difference is that these cabs sport a green number plate and the "lithium" wording on its doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks