Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 03:59   #451
BHPian

Re: Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I wonder why do the 5 speed 800 and the Alto have different prices for what is essentially the same engine underneath.
If I am not wrong, both are F8D ?
Yes, it's something that intrigued me too when I saw the price list.
I was under the impression that the only change was in the 12-valve head of the 5-speed ( & Alto ), but looks like something else is different.
It is possible that since the 5-speed produces more power, that the crank is different between both engines; the reciprocating parts are the same between the engines though.
Another thing in the new list is that the Baleno's G16B half-engine is missing, or no longer available; if I remember correct, it used to be available for ~66K.

Quote:
I will be purchasing a half engine kit soon for my friend's 800 and the mechanic was saying that we don't need to disassemble anything and is as easy as plug and play job.
If you look at the pic, the manufacturing date says February, I ordered the kit in August & received it in October.
I'm not sure how water accumulated in the bearings, but there was a neat ring of rust on one of the journals !
The one downside I can think of to disassembling the block is that the half-engine would've been put together with the right torque specs, so putting it back together must be done correctly.
Another thing I can think of are the sizes & clearances, for example the pistons come in 2 or 3 different clearances ( the red & blue marks often seen on pistons ) & they have to be matched with the correct bore.
So, it's a good idea to mark everything before taking the half-engine apart so that it can be put back correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Pardon my ignorance but this is the first time I'm hearing of a half engine !
Can somebody please elaborate ?
The half-engine is what Maruti calls a short-block, it includes everything from the cylinder block, the pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, & bearings.
It's meant as a better alternative to the usual practice of having an old engine, one that's run a number of Kms to be over-bored ( often in a lathe shop ), which can be a hit or miss kinda thing.
With a half-engine, you just take the ancillaries & head off of the block, swap the old block with the new one, & put everything back together again
im_srini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 04:27   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Yes, it's something that intrigued me too when I saw the price list.
I was under the impression that the only change was in the 12-valve head of the 5-speed (& Alto), but looks like something else is different.
It is possible that since the 5-speed produces more power, that the crank is different between both engines; the reciprocating parts are the same between the engines though.
Thanks. Never knew that the 5 speed 800 produced more power than an Alto. If I remember correctly, both produced an identical 45BHP when launched in 2000(will check the brochures and revert). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Another thing in the new list is that the Baleno's G16B half-engine is missing, or no longer available; if I remember correct, it used to be available for ~66K.
There are a lot of other engines which are missing from the list, like the good old zen with a 998cc heart, the 1.6L SX4 etc. Since this is a dealer specific list, I believe they sold more of these engines, hence preferred to list them. The last time I checked a few months back, the half engine was available for even a Grand Vitara 2.0.

Quote:
The one downside I can think of to disassembling the block is that the half-engine would've been put together with the right torque specs, so putting it back together must be done correctly.
But after listening to your experience, I think its always better to dismantle everything carefully and then put back everything, just to be 100% sure. Torque ratings etc are something which can always be achieved.

However I think you should write to Maruti so that they take appropriate action such that this rusting incident is best avoided. I think for this very reason, these half engines come with a thin coat of oil(to prevent rust).

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2016 at 13:15. Reason: Please restrict smiley usage to two per post as per rules.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 04:39   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Never knew that the 5 speed 800 produced more power than an Alto.
If I remember correctly, both produced an identical 45 BHP when launched in 2000 (will check the brochures and revert back).
I'm sorry I wasn't clear in what I was stating, what I meant was the almost 6K difference between the M800's half-engine & that of the 5-speed ( & the Alto ).
The reciprocating parts for both these engines are the same, hence my theory that the crank must be different somehow.
The 5-speed ( & Alto ) got the 4-valve head & hence more power over the regular M800 - 45 BHP vs 37 BHP if I remember correct.

Quote:
I think for this very reason, these half engines come with a thin coat of oil (to prevent rust).
Yes, the half-engine's internals were covered in a layer of thick oil, but despite that, water had accumulated in the oil hole of one of the main bearings !
im_srini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 20:24   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. I wonder why do the 5 speed 800 and the Alto have different prices for what is essentially the same engine underneath. If I am not wrong, both are F8D??

Thanks for the pics and the advice. I will be purchasing a half engine kit soon for my friend's 800 and the mechanic was saying that we don't need to disassemble anything and is as easy as plug and play job. This advice couldn't have come at a better time.

Regards,
Shashi
Engine components may differ slightly. Shashi, have a look at the engine compartments of both these cars, few visible differences persist.

Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here-engine-bay.jpg
your car-5 speed 800

Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here-img_2961.jpg
Alto F8D (courtesy TAI)

F8B were 2 valve layouts of this engine, whereas F8C was used by Daewoo in its M-TEC as its engine block was shared with Suzuki (since the TICO days).
sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 00:44   #455
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to replace some parts on my 2009 Innova.
I would appreciate any information on reliable sources for Toyota spares.

1. Tail Lamp replacement
2. Spares for front AC vents/grills?

Not a lot but would really like to have some quality parts.

Last edited by nikhil.nayak : 24th December 2016 at 00:50.
Old 24th December 2016, 00:53   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Hi,

I am looking to replace some parts on my 2009 Innova.
I would appreciate any information on reliable sources for Toyota spares.

1. Tail Lamp replacement
2. Spares for front AC vents/grills?

Not a lot but would really like to have some quality parts.
I would request you to check out "boodmo" website. While I have never ordered from them, their online parts catalogue and prices were very accurate.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 01:30   #457
BHPian

Thanks Shashi.

Initially the boodmo web interface looked good.
But the content falls apart once your drill down for details.
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:14   #458
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this post belongs here. Pardon me if its a re-post. There was an advertisement by Ford in today's newspaper which mentioned that Autocar India conducted a spare parts price survey across categories of cars.

Following is the link of the survey -
Autocar India Spare parts price survey
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:22   #459
BHPian

Can someone share the price of floolowing spare parts for Chevy Beat Petrol (2010 model, LT):

1. Front headlight assembly
2. Tail light assembly
3. Rear door handle (handle is there but can't open the door)

Also, is there any OTC spare part dealer where I can get it and/or any other after market options on these parts in Gurgaon?

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2017 at 19:48. Reason: Typo: Checy -> Chevy
Old 4th January 2017, 16:53   #460
BHPian

Here is a spare part price list that I got from Western Honda Chembur Mumbai.

This is for the Honda City with part codes.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Honda Model Wise Accessories price list 02nov2016.xlsx (17.6 KB, 1055 views)
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 17:03   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Following is the link of the survey -
Autocar India Spare parts price survey
I don't think it is accurate.
I paid 1200 to replace my Nano's rear taillight assembly, while the survey shows lesser amount.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 08:42   #462
BHPian

Any idea how much a ball joint costs for 2000 model Baleno? Or is it sold in pairs?
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 12:16   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Any idea how much a ball joint costs for 2000 model Baleno? Or is it sold in pairs?
Can you post a pic of the same? I'll be able to help you with the exact price then.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 05:40   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post a pic of the same? I'll be able to help you with the exact price then.

Regards,
Shashi
I will try to post the exact spot by this weekend.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 14:52   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

what should be the cost of Chevrolet Spark (Pre facelift, 2007 model) front Bumper?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks