Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 06:33   #46
BHPian

Re: *Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?

This is one car between a proper SUV(T-fort, Safari) and new gen Mini SUVs(duster and ecosport). I have seen this abroad and this is well suited for indian roads with potholes everywere. It will be a failure if they are planing to import it and prize in range of X1.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 06:51   #47
Team-BHP Support

There is a gap in the section of 15-20L OTR range where a premium X-over product does not exist. Today most premium X-overs play in 25+L OTR range.

So there does exist a space for a good X-over 15-20L range.

Today if one has to upgrade from Terrano/Duster like vehicles, there does not exists a choice. I was just hoping against hope that Qashqai takes that sector. But I dont think it would.
Old 14th October 2013, 14:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is a gap in the section of 15-20L OTR range where a premium X-over product does not exist. Today most premium X-overs play in 25+L OTR range.

So there does exist a space for a good X-over 15-20L range.

Today if one has to upgrade from Terrano/Duster like vehicles, there does not exists a choice. I was just hoping against hope that Qashqai takes that sector. But I dont think it would.
Yeti should qualify for the 15-20L OTR range premium X-over product. And it does feel like a very logical upgrade from Duster etc.

Of course, Skoda as an organization has issues, but the product is quite nice.
Old 14th October 2013, 17:23   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
Yeti should qualify for the 15-20L OTR range premium X-over product. And it does feel like a very logical upgrade from Duster etc.

Of course, Skoda as an organization has issues, but the product is quite nice.
Yeti is one of the products for that range as you rightly put. We need more products in that section. Esp with engine capacity lower than 2L, so that the frugality of the engine also opens up.
Old 14th October 2013, 17:58   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Yeti is one of the products for that range as you rightly put. We need more products in that section. Esp with engine capacity lower than 2L, so that the frugality of the engine also opens up.
The VW TDi engines of around 2 litre capacity are renowned for their frugality. My Yeti consistently returns 13-14 kmpl in normal Bangalore city driving conditions, which I think is saying a lot.
Old 15th October 2013, 09:18   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The VW TDi engines of around 2 litre capacity are renowned for their frugality. My Yeti consistently returns 13-14 kmpl in normal Bangalore city driving conditions, which I think is saying a lot.
Shankar, will need higher than that (per my requirements) if it has to be a beater car and if one drives more than 50-60 km per day in the city.
Hence I would prefer a lowered spec'ed 1.5/1.6 L engine range.

On the maintenance and spare pricing, no need to discuss that part. Its not just Skoda; for that matter any foreign brand would just extract a lot of cash. For the regular maintenance I think they may be even, with Skoda/Euros being a tad more costlier. With regards to vehicle alone, no negatives at all.

Would also love to see the Honda 1.5L diesel based X-over (built on the Jazz platform).

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2013 at 09:20.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:01   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Shankar, will need higher than that (per my requirements) if it has to be a beater car and if one drives more than 50-60 km per day in the city. Hence I would prefer a lowered spec'ed 1.5/1.6 the Jazz platform).

On longer drives where I can consistently use higher gears, like on a highway, the Yeti has even returned a happy 19kmpl. Despite my slightly lead footed tendencies.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:25   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For 60 km drives within the city the fuel efficiency will depend upon the route.

For example with the Laura PD (towards the end of the 7 year ownership) if I went from
Within Western Mumbai Suburbs - 10.5
Within Thane city - 11
Thane towards and into the western suburbs the FE would be about 11.5 kmpl
Thane towards Nariman point (South Mumbai) would be about 14+ kmpl
Thane towards Eastern Suburbs would be 13
Thane towards North (highway) would be 16-17
The various would be similar for all engines of all brands.
VW Diesels give poor FE for drives below 5 kms - longer the drive the better the FE. Also FE is poorer in Cooler Climate for the Laura, so the sooner the engine heats us to the optimum temp the faster it starts giving the optimum FE.

The more modern VW engine will give even more.

Actually one must also consider how much more one is paying for the specific higher fuel efficiency engine.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:31   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The more modern VW engine will give even more.

Actually one must also consider how much more one is paying for the specific higher fuel efficiency engine.
+1 ACM. My only point was for the same distance of commute and same traffic type which I would cover in a city, I would be happy to invest in a lower displacement engine 1.5/1.6 (assumption being it gives a higher FE given same driving conditions).

And if by assumption, the lower displacement engine costs lower, I would be more happier to pay for more features and better quality build, rather than the engine alone. Of course its a subjective argument depending on the vehicle type and its brand, but that was a general thought process.

A Case in point:

If there is a 4x2 1.6TDI Yeti on sale, I would prefer that to the 2L version.

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2013 at 10:36.
Old 15th October 2013, 11:20   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If there is a 4x2 1.6TDI Yeti on sale, I would prefer that to the 2L version.
Like in the case of the Duster where the 85 Bhp Diesel is more responsive in City and more fun in general till reasonable speeds than the 110 Bhp Diesel though both are the same size engine. CRV had a 2Ltr and 2.4Ltr option with the 2 Ltr one being as good but better on FE.

On the other hand:
I on the other hand do normally prefer the bigger engine even at the cost of FE. (I like a nut have recently gone in for a Petrol EcoSport 1.5 just for the AT and Safety specs to get FE of about 10.5 overall.) But I guess over an equivalent Diesel AT with this Safety spec there is a 1.5-2L saving so all is fine.
Old 8th November 2013, 07:27   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

All New Nissan Qashqai SUV revealed.

Designed in London, engineered in Cranfield and Barcelona and built in Sunderland, UK, the new Qashqai is armed with a smart new exterior look, more fuel-efficient engines, and, perhaps most significantly, a much higher quality, more premium interior.

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20131108050235_111324_10_5.jpg

Quote:
The launch engine range for international markets includes a base 113bhp 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol, a 108bhp 1.5-litre dCi turbodiesel and a 128bhp 1.6-litre dCi turbodiesel engine.

Front-wheel drive is standard, with all-wheel drive offered on the 1.6 dCi. All-wheel drive models also get multi-link rear suspension, front-drivers get twist beam rear suspension. MacPherson struts are used for the front suspension. A six-speed manual gearbox is standard on all engines, with a CVT auto’ offered on the 1.6 dCi. Nissan is calling this CVT Xtronic.

The new Qashqai is the first European model to be based on the firm's Common Alliance Platform. By 2020, 11 Renault and 3 Nissan cars will be based on platform which will be produced in factories in 10 countries.
Source:ACI
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 08:38   #57
Team-BHP Support

Just hoping if it makes entry into India, its priced below Yeti, thanks to the lower speced engine. But that would be hope against hope.

However there would be quite good SUV/Urban-SUV options in the >4m category. S-Cross, Honda Concept, Qashquai etc. Price may vary, but at least there are some options out there.
Old 8th November 2013, 10:01   #58
BANNED

It looks very similar to Suzuki SX4 S-Cross, in all aspects! I know the Suzuki -Nissan tie-up is there for selling A-Star an Pixo and some other Japanese models. They do the same in design of their vehicles also?
Attached Thumbnails
*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-sx.jpg  

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-qq.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th November 2013 at 10:12.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 10:12   #59
BHPian

heh heh.... Japs-Japs bhai bhai
Old 8th November 2013, 13:08   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It looks very similar to Suzuki SX4 S-Cross, in all aspects! I know the Suzuki -Nissan tie-up is there for selling A-Star an Pixo and some other Japanese models. They do the same in design of their vehicles also?
I don’t see much similarity there other than the generic cross-over shape. From this angle, even some other cars like Mazda CX-5 may look similar to these two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks