Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 15:11   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift

BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-7.jpg

The BMW 7 Series Facelift has been launched in Mumbai. Deliveries start from 1 May, 2013.

The diesel 730Ld will be locally produced at the BMW Plant @ Chennai. On the other hand, the petrol 740Li, 750Li and 760Li will be imported as CBU (Completely Built-Up Units).

Ex-showroom prices are as follows:

BMW 730Ld : INR 92,90,000
BMW 740Li : INR 1,12,70,000
BMW 750Li : INR 1,29,10,000
BMW 760Li : INR 1,73,00,000

The locally assembled 730Ld is powered by a 6-cylinder inline diesel. Now making 258 horses and max torque of 560 Nm (at 1,500 rpm), the 730 accelerates from 0 – 100 kph in 6.2 seconds, with a top speed of 250 kph.

The adaptive full-LED headlights are new, and there are several other minor changes. The next generation BMW iDrive (on-board Driver Information System), BMW Navigation Professional (integrated Global Positioning System) with hard drive and a 25.9 cm display are standard on the updated 7 Series. The rear seat entertainment package has two new 23.3 cm colour screens, as well as a personal iDrive Controller. The car offers an individual cooling box, folding tables (integrated in the backrest of the front seats) and massage function for rear seat backrests. The air-conditioning is equipped with an air re-circulation filter, fogging and solar sensors, thereby regulating temperature, air flow, air distribution and air layering separately to four zones.

The 7 Series sends power to the wheels through an 8-speed automatic transmission. The driver is able to choose between different modes to suit the current driving condition (ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport and Sport+). In addition, Dynamic Damper Control adapts shock absorber characteristics to suit road conditions & driving style.

An 'Active Protection System' recognizes collision risks and immediately tightens the front seat belts, closes the windows and the sunroof to reduce injury risk. The 'Attention Assist Function' detects if the driver is distracted or tired and issues a notification via the Control Display, suggesting he take a break.

The BMW EfficientDynamics package includes Auto Start-Stop (honestly, annoying!), ECO PRO mode, Brake-Energy Regeneration etc.

Full Specs & Features Attached to this post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW 7 Series Specs & Features.pdf (756.3 KB, 1202 views)
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 15:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1077384

An 'Active Protection System' recognizes collision risks and immediately tightens the front seat belts, closes the windows and the sunroof to reduce injury risk.
Any idea how the windows and sunroof are closed automatically and how quickly considering they are open at the fullest level.
Old 25th April 2013, 18:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

This launch has been delayed for a sometime to clear up the old stock of the 7 series. I think they should consider assembling the 740iL here too, there is still a set of corporate honchos who refuse to go diesel. The rising diesel prices too could leave an opportunity for the 740iL to be a feasible option for low mileage users who go from their office in Nariman Point to home in Cuffee Parade
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 18:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This launch has been delayed for a sometime to clear up the old stock of the 7 series. I think they should consider assembling the 740iL here too, there is still a set of corporate honchos who refuse to go diesel. The rising diesel prices too could leave an opportunity for the 740iL to be a feasible option for low mileage users who go from their office in Nariman Point to home in Cuffee Parade
Agreed. Also the 740li being 20l more than the 730ld loses out on a couple of features which are optional on the 40i and standard on the 30d. Either way the new taxes have pushed up the prices of CBUs to a ridiculous level.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 15:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

I saw the car recently , interiors are disappointing . They have continued with regular Speedo / other gauges in 730 D keeping the more advanced Digital Dash Display for 740 & other CBU . Wood / interior trims used in Dash is very regular , does not blend much with leather and been CKD not many options . 3-D navigation does looks nice though . I think they have messed up - first they delayed the launch by a Year and now with so little additions and new S class in sight ,they have missed many 5 Series potential customers( including me )

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th April 2013 at 15:29.
Old 27th April 2013, 20:26   #6
BHPian

Ive personally been a big fan of the 7er from a long time.

But I have to say, right now based on whatever information is available the 7 is really going to lose out.

The upcoming S is much classier than the 7.

The flagships have always been oozing with the best in technology. And compared to what the new S is likely to offer, the 7 seems way too pale.
Old 12th August 2014, 12:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

BMW has launched the 7 Series Signature in India. Available on the 730Ld variant of the sedan, the Signature is priced at Rs. 1.22 crore (ex-showroom, all-India).

Link to Team-BHP News Articel
Old 12th August 2014, 13:14   #8
BHPian

A friend recently bought the face lifted BMW 730 D for 90 lacs on road (DN registration). Quite a good deal I think.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:07   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW 730 D for 90 lacs on road (DN registration)
That looks very difficult .. I have tried in vain with 3 different dealers here in North with no one coming less than 89 Ex showroom , add Insurance & Road tax and it's more than 1 Crore . All this on 2013 Model Years . For 2014 Productions prices are about 2,5 lac higher due to limited support .

Quote:
Available on the 730Ld variant of the sedan, the Signature is priced at Rs. 1.22 crore
There are few optional's also available on this model , details are unknown to me at this moment but in my opinion BMW has priced these wrong - all the extra's including B&O system & Integral steering should never cost 20 Lac more . They should have ideally used this variant to price little competitively given the abysmally low sales of 7 series . Most of Dealers in North are sitting on inventory of 2-4 cars of 2013 Production . Given the high interest rates don't understand working of BMW , how can their dealers earn after paying 12 % for cars costing 90 Lac Plus sitting for months ? I haggled with many & in the end picked up a carbon black 530D yesterday , could have bought 7 if they had priced it correctly .

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th August 2014 at 14:16.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 15:35   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I haggled with many & in the end picked up a carbon black 530D yesterday , could have bought 7 if they had priced it correctly .
Congrats on the 530d. How much did you pay for it ex-showroom after discount?
Old 18th September 2014, 08:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

Getting a good deal on buyback of my old 530-D in exchange with 730-D. In past all of my BMW's were mostly in Beige but the Oyster / Dark Combination of the new 530 looks great & I want similar in 7 series . Now this combination is available only on few exterior colors - White & Havana based on available cars / kits for 2014 . My First preference - Sophisto Grey is available only with Oyster ( without contrast Dark interior )
I understand choosing a colors is mostly a matter of personal choice but will like to have some feedback on Havana / White exteriors ( with Contrast Interiors ) or should I stick with Sophisto Grey with Oyster Interiors ( no Contrast )

Available options -

Mineral White metallic LCDH - Leather Dakota Oyster / Dark
Havanna metallic LCDH - Leather Dakota Oyster / Dark
Havana Leather ''Dakota'' | Ivory White

Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect Leather ''Dakota'' | Oyster
Attached Thumbnails
BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-2.jpg  

BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-1.jpg  

BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-3.jpg  

BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-4.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th September 2014 at 08:31.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 11:24   #12
Team-BHP Support

I would definitely take the contrast interiors, since personally think they look a lot better. Oyster/Black is a great combo. Also Havana exterior is nice, but the FL 7 in Mineral white looks stunning so that would be my pick.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:25   #13
BHPian

If you allow me, I suggest that you take the Mineral White as akshay1234 rightly said.

Havana and Sophisto Grey are both tasteful and restrained colours, but both look less striking on the 7 series than they do on the 5 series. Both colours are appreciated only by people with sophisticated tastes.

Mineral White with its metallic lustre shall look good even after some years.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:02   #14
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the feedback , Contrast looks far better and is finalised , now trouble is they have sold the white one also today :( only option left is Havana . Apparently this was launch color of the face-lift as in post 1 and is available in Ivory / Black combination . My earlier 530D is Cashmere Silver which I picked in a hurry , in beginning I used to crib on my color selection but it aged well and looks grew on me . It was easy to maintain as well , maybe I should see one in flesh before going ahead.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th September 2014 at 17:05.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 12:14   #15
Team-BHP Support

Finally picked yesterday , upgraded to 19 inch alloys .
Attached Thumbnails
BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift-1.jpg  

Turbanator is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks