Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/136061-april-2013-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis-4.html)

SDP 7th May 2013 21:03

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockporiom (Post 3115569)
I have a question. If from team bhp MVenkat and I bought Kizashi on March 18 then why is it showing 0 sales in March' 13please:

Depends on which month your car was manufactured. The numbers reported here are the factory dispatches to dealers.

EDIT: Kizashi is a CBU i guess. So manufacturing month might not be the correct indication. The point about the numbers being "dispatches" and NOT "actual sales" is still valid though.

AutoIndian 7th May 2013 21:10

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockporiom (Post 3115569)
I have a question. If from team bhp MVenkat and I bought Kizashi on March 18 then why is it showing 0 sales in March' 13please:

Besides what SDP has mentioned, you can get answer to your question if you look closely at the monthly sales figures of Kizashi in the month of Feb-2013. Exactly 2 units of Kizashi have been dispatched to the dealer. So one would have landed in the garage of MVenkat & the other, no prices for guessing :D

rockporiom 7th May 2013 21:10

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3115572)
Depends on which month your car was manufactured. The numbers reported here are the factory dispatches to dealers.

Are you sure then what you meant that is just 2 units were dispatched to dealers in Feb'13. But the imports were stopped in 2012 then how is it that 2 units were sent to dealers in Feb'13.

If they calculate just by the number of cars sent to dealers then aren't the facts misleading? Since they can show more sale by dumping stock to dealers even though the cars aren't actually sold:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3115575)
Besides what SDP has mentioned, you can get answer to your question if you look closely at the monthly sales figures of Kizashi in the month of Feb-2013. Exactly 2 units of Kizashi have been dispatched to the dealer. So one would have landed in the garage of MVenkat & the other, no prices for guessing :D

That is not possible because I got the car that was lying with them from 8 months and I think MVenkat got his car the same way. So these figures are factory dispatches and not actual sales figures as in these are not the figures which show how many of the dispatches are actually sold and how many are kept as stock. So for example if a car is dispatched in dec'12 and sold in May'13 the sale is recorded in dec'12 and not in May'13?


Sorry for so many questions but just wanted to get myself clear as this is creating a lot of confusion in my mind.

aim120 7th May 2013 21:14

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Only Maruti is not sharing the diesel and petrol sales ratio.

Surprised to see polo petrol selling more then the diesel.

Whats wrong with Sunny ,decreasing sales?

AutoIndian 7th May 2013 21:23

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aim120 (Post 3115579)
Surprised to see polo petrol selling more then the diesel.

That is because VW has recently launched the Polo GT Tsi (Turbocharged Direct Injection, Petrol motor). So the polo petrol selling more than the diesel are due to the dealer dispatches of the Polo GT Tsi.

tbppjpr 7th May 2013 21:28

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3115589)
That is because VW has recently launched the Polo GT Tsi (Turbocharged Direct Injection, Petrol motor). So the polo petrol selling more than the diesel are due to the dealer dispatches of the Polo GT Tsi.

Actually Polo diesel registered very less sales numbers this months, otherwise petrol Polo has been regularly registering similar number, please go through previous sales report threads. :)

Edit :

Here are sales figures of last 3 months:

Month...........Petrol :: Diesel
March 2013.....1284 :: 1717
Feb 2013........ 1657 :: 1970
Jan 2013.........1076 :: 3503

ampere 7th May 2013 21:41

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Renault actually sold 60 Petrol Dusters! Curious to know, how are they performing. Not one word on that till date!

namit 7th May 2013 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 3115351)
Looks like Amaze has eaten the numbers from there own City & Brio. Etios & Verito also seems to be affected by it. Not Dzire as many have imagined. Too early to say this though.

Fiat seems to be exclusive car now in India. The numbers they are doing says the same story. Its not so common car now on road. So Fiat owners should be happy with that as they can enjoy the exclusiveness on the crowded road :)

Happy too see Innova numbers going down. I always thinks it sells more than its worth only due to lack of competition. Its really a costly car for what they offer.

Overall a dull month for Auto industry. Don't think it will improve anytime soon in near future unless government lowers the interest rates.

Yes Fiats are exclusive atleast in India
But jokes apart, lets compare punto sales to some of its rivals and not comparing linea here bcoz very few want to invest in a big car from a brand which doesnt have a snob value and also result in less residual value. Moreover its small engine compared to the competition doeant help either

Coming to punto vs fabia vs micra vs pulse sales

Punto 290+
fabia 115
Micra 340+
pulse 358

So wats the big deal why defame fiat especially when fiat has a hugely negative perception vs other established brands

Yeah exclusive showrooms & service centres, negative mindset and fiats own undoing resulting in its cars exclusivity on roads

Hope this exclusive image is broken soon and they come out of it

Cant help it guys ... Although have other brand cars as well but simply love this from fiat stable

I was about to comment on sales wrt same sales scenario last month but then i let it go bcoz anything for fiat is taken otherwise

Its horses for courses and every mans love to one particular stallion and for me its neither a Japanese nor a Korean but rather an Italian

Cheers

SDP 7th May 2013 21:59

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockporiom (Post 3115576)
Are you sure then what you meant that is just 2 units were dispatched to dealers in Feb'13. But the imports were stopped in 2012 then how is it that 2 units were sent to dealers in Feb'13.

My guess is that the regular imports were stopped. So let's say some 25 pieces were coming every month, those got stopped.
At the same time, if someone came to the showroom and expressed some serious intention (and cash) to buy a Kizashi, I doubt any hardworking dealer would turn him away. Just getting one or two pieces imported might be cumbersome from the paperwork and administrative overhead perspective, but the fat margins would more than compensate for the effort on the dealer's part.

Just my guess!

Quote:

If they calculate just by the number of cars sent to dealers then aren't the facts misleading? Since they can show more sale by dumping stock to dealers even though the cars aren't actually sold:Shockked:
Over a period of time, the data would average out. Although there would be some arm-twisting (or even minimum commitments) by the manufacturer, a dealer would eventually push back if the stock is not getting sold and collecting dust (and wasting space) in the dealer's stockyard.


Quote:

That is not possible because I got the car that was lying with them from 8 months and I think MVenkat got his car the same way. So these figures are factory dispatches and not actual sales figures as in these are not the figures which show how many of the dispatches are actually sold and how many are kept as stock. So for example if a car is dispatched in dec'12 and sold in May'13 the sale is recorded in dec'12 and not in May'13?
I believe yours and MVenkat's cars are NOT the ones reported in Feb'13. The 2 Feb cars (as indicated by AutoIndian) might be still with the dealers or might have been sold to end-customers. No way to find out.

What is confirmed is, this thread reports 'dispatches' and not 'sales', BUT the dispatch numbers do represent approximate sales when averaged out over a period.

Hope this helps.

govigov 7th May 2013 22:06

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
I think a lot of people are holding back on their decision waiting for the eco sport to be launched and then deciding to go which way forward. This has to be taken into consideration.

The Honda's have production constraints. The waiting list for the brio is almost touching 6 months. The production was focused on amaze this month and not the brio and hence these shift in the numbers. True, some brio owners had jumped ship to amaze for a faster delivery.

aravind.anand 7th May 2013 22:06

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3115365)
Innova and Fortuner Sales are significantly down. There are some keep being informed that the Fortuner has a wait list - seems artificially created. Toyota is in bad shape or had a round of maintenance.

Considering that both are hugely successful models which have been extremely well accepted by our market, I definitely think Toyota would have had a maintenence activity at their plant, thus affecting the numbers. After all, not even Maruti with the Ertiga could keep the Innova in check!

stringbh 7th May 2013 22:31

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3115624)
What is confirmed is, this thread reports 'dispatches' and not 'sales'...

having said that, just wanted to know, how daunting is it to get actual sales figures? those are obviously well documented by the dealers right ?

Santoshbhat 7th May 2013 22:37

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3115519)
Interesting split there, especially for some of the VAG group cars:[list][*]Just one Laura TSI sold in the country! Adding and AT variant has created no impact there.[*]Decent numbers for the Superb probably the best in the segment.

My guess is they've stopped producing Laura TSI's. The demand for the petrol variant was always below supply, resulting in huge discounts. Based on that trend Skoda would have reduced import of Laura TSI kits. Unlike 2010 & 2011 there was no news of any great discounts on the Laura TSI during late 2012 and in this year (correct me if I am wrong).

I won't be surprised If Skoda skips the 1.8 TSI for the new Octavia. This engine is head and shoulders above all offerings in its segment and perhaps one segment above too. Plus its super reliable, and unlike cars like the Palio GTX its frugal too. Yet it finds no takers.

SDP 7th May 2013 22:50

Re: April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stringbh (Post 3115654)
having said that, just wanted to know, how daunting is it to get actual sales figures? those are obviously well documented by the dealers right ?

The dealers would have accurate data about their sales, but there might not be a source from which you get the consolidated data of all dealers.

Not sure if the manufacturers would be maintaining the sales numbers from individual dealerships that religously. For them, once a car is invoiced to the dealer, the transaction is over.

Hayek 7th May 2013 23:13

Some observations. What amazes me when I see this thread is how different the South Bombay automotive market is from the country as a whole. 4,000 Omnis sold in April 2013 - amazing for a grossly unsafe van that was outdated in 1988 (I refuse to even step into an Omni taxi - prefer even Fiats to Omnis). The Hyundai Eon as the No 4 car in India - I don't see even one each day. Yes, we do see the Dzires and Swifts - but the Superbs and 3 Series are almost as common.

Moving onto some of the data, I hope Skoda is just clearing out inventory as it prepares for the launch of the New Octavia and the face lifted Superb. I can't think of any other reason why those cars, which still offer fantastic value for money, are doing so badly.

The demise of the D segment sedan has been oft talked about - and there is no better proof of that than the fact that the Ssangyong Rexton outsells all D2 segment sedans put together. Guess all the money in India is with politicians - why else this SUV obsession.

One last observation. VW group seems to do much better in Bombay than in Delhi. My non random sample of vehicles travelling outside my window suggests that Ventos and Rapids outsell the Verna by a wide margin (as does the City). Not true, obviously.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:23.