Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 09:08   #31
BHPian

Honda Civic!!!

My vote would be for you to wait for the Honda Civic.. Tune/Chip it and you have one of the most favourite performance cars in the market.. I will not be able to rate it as of now, but its probably worth waiting for a few months!

A new brand of the fast and furious set of cars will be out in the market then ;-)
Old 24th May 2006, 09:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj
My vote would be for you to wait for the Honda Civic.. Tune/Chip it and you have one of the most favourite performance cars in the market.. I will not be able to rate it as of now, but its probably worth waiting for a few months!

A new brand of the fast and furious set of cars will be out in the market then ;-)
A Very interesting choice indeed. Specially the new Type R , it really R O C K S !
Old 24th May 2006, 09:33   #33
mxx
BHPian

2000 BMW 330i
a) perfomance 8.5/10
b) handling 8.5/10
c) looks 8.5/10
d) Practicality 8/10
e) Value for money 9/10

One point to note here is that 330i has a much larger engine (3 Litre engine if i am not mistaken) than the rest.

However if BMW 330i is out of the picture, it would be a close tie between Octavia RS & Merc 200k. Personally i would go for the 200k.

Last edited by mxx : 24th May 2006 at 09:45.
Old 24th May 2006, 10:21   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj

Perhaps you ought to read this

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehi...84.A10394.html

Not exactly the same cars but it gives you an idea - Laura VRS = Golf GTI with a bum- yum yum
Old 24th May 2006, 10:46   #35
BANNED

If we're going used, then a Mitsu GTO Twin Turbo. Can get one for less than 10 lakhs. Stock output = 320 bhp. Plus All wheel drive, all wheel steering, ABS etc.

Add 10 lakhs of mods to a car like that and then we're talking!
Old 24th May 2006, 12:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
but y not get the normal lancer 1.5 and install the evo kit? Not even a modded, rechipped, remapped skoda RS can beat this one. and that too at the same price.
Well i feel Lancer is a bit old. It needs some freshning up, while the Cedia has ABS and quite a good vehicle, the Lancer well is not so good compared to the Cedia plainly becuase the Lancer is Evo 5/6 Platoformed and the Cedia Evo 7/8 platform.

Quote:
Not exactly the same cars but it gives you an idea - Laura VRS = Golf GTI with a bum- yum yum
But the extra weight of the Laura vRS kills it. The Laura vRS has the same two litre FSI engine as the MkV Golf GTi, but the Golf has a option of a R32 which has a 3Litre V6 and that will beat all the Lauras and Octys mapped or unmapped.

Last edited by BUSA : 24th May 2006 at 12:26.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:14   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda octavia 1.8t rs is what scores according to me,as it meets all requirements mentioned above
1.the 150bhp turbo powerplant has loads of grunts and has a scope for modification.
2.the octi is a good handler.
3.the standard body kit is very attractive,if you dont find it a good looker we have people like autopsyche.
4.yes it practical ever thought of that huge boot,but space is a problem at rear seat but who needs those seats anyway.
5.its cheapest of all the cars mentioned here so it also qualifies in value for money.

but there is no performance and handling substitute to real performance cars like evo and impreza but they will suffer in all availablity of parts,incompatiblity to indian roads and service support,if these above mentioned thing dont matter to you then octi is just a kid go for a real performer,evos and imprezas can scare the s*** out of most sports cars.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

anshuman its better to buy a Hyundai Tuscani (which be launched soon at 18 lacs) since you dont need rear seats.

This 3 series will come for around 3 Lacs.

Old 24th May 2006, 14:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
2000 BMW 330i
a) perfomance 8.5/10
b) handling 8.5/10
c) looks 8.5/10
d) Practicality 8/10
e) Value for money 9/10

One point to note here is that 330i has a much larger engine (3 Litre engine if i am not mistaken) than the rest.

However if BMW 330i is out of the picture, it would be a close tie between Octavia RS & Merc 200k. Personally i would go for the 200k.
If thats the case then you should quote it low on practicality coz maintenence is expensive and running cost is on the higher side...Practicality should have been 4/ 10
Old 24th May 2006, 14:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
If we're going used, then a Mitsu GTO Twin Turbo. Can get one for less than 10 lakhs. Stock output = 320 bhp. Plus All wheel drive, all wheel steering, ABS etc.

Add 10 lakhs of mods to a car like that and then we're talking!
Used one less than 4 yrs old was specially mentioned . And please rate your car...on the 5 parameters
Old 24th May 2006, 14:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
Skoda octavia 1.8t rs is what scores according to me,as it meets all requirements mentioned above
1.the 150bhp turbo powerplant has loads of grunts and has a scope for modification.
2.the octi is a good handler.
3.the standard body kit is very attractive,if you dont find it a good looker we have people like autopsyche.
4.yes it practical ever thought of that huge boot,but space is a problem at rear seat but who needs those seats anyway.
5.its cheapest of all the cars mentioned here so it also qualifies in value for money.

but there is no performance and handling substitute to real performance cars like evo and impreza but they will suffer in all availablity of parts,incompatiblity to indian roads and service support,if these above mentioned thing dont matter to you then octi is just a kid go for a real performer,evos and imprezas can scare the s*** out of most sports cars.
Please rate your car based on the 5 parameters mentioned, and choose 1 car.
Old 24th May 2006, 15:34   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA

But the extra weight of the Laura vRS kills it. The Laura vRS has the same two litre FSI engine as the MkV Golf GTi, but the Golf has a option of a R32 which has a 3Litre V6 and that will beat all the Lauras and Octys mapped or unmapped.
so does the extra weight of the Civic saloon vs the coupe. anyway, we are focusing on 20 lakh cars and the article gives an idea on the Civic saloon vs Laura. V6 engines are out of this scope
Old 24th May 2006, 17:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

The Golf R32 comes for around 20,000 Pounds and thats around 20 Lac rupees. Just hoping Honda removes a manual version of the v6 Accord.
Old 25th May 2006, 08:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Can you guys avoid loos talks and please decide on one car.....and justify your choic

Rate you car on the 5 Parameters mentioned .

Please stick to the discusson
Old 25th May 2006, 09:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

@Maxbhp: U made a big mistake of adding the "second-hand" factor.
Recently, i got an offer for a BMW M3('97 made) for 11 lakhs.
For around 300bhp, it makes more sense...But, NO.

For a sub 20 lakh bracket, the best performance car today is the 221 bhp 3.0V6 vtec Accord.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks