Team-BHP - What do you think is the Sub 20 Lac perfomance car for us Indians ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What do you think is the Sub 20 Lac perfomance car for us Indians ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13617-what-do-you-think-sub-20-lac-perfomance-car-us-indians.html)

What do you think is the best driver car below 20 lacs but above 15 ? It Neednt be a new one but at the same time should not be older than 4 yrs .The car should handle well . Should be capable of genuine 160kmph + . It should have good steering response. Ride shouldnt be too hard . It should look Good....Or just rate the cars below out of 10 based on five parameters. Or you can give a car of your preference but has to be a sedan and preferably a car thats well known by the indian folks.
a) perfomance
b) handling
c) looks
d) Practicality
e) Value for money.

1. Ford Mondeo
2. Skoda Oktavia RS
3. Honda Accord
4.used Mercedes C200K
5.used BMW 330 i
6.used Lancer EVO VII

Would go in for the RS.

Performance: 9/10, chip it and it's 15/10
Handling: 8.5/10
Looks: Sunjective (I love it) Its stately, elegant, tough looking: 10/10
Practicality: 10/10
VFM: 8/10 Heard that the FE is great too (Source ACI)

Burjis

Brand new = Undoubtedly the RS. And the spare change will only help in improving the performance and handling further.

Used : You can get Impreza STis and EVOs under 20 lacs. Hard to find but very possible.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Brand new = Undoubtedly the RS. And the spare change will only help in improving the performance and handling further.

Used : You can get Impreza STis and EVOs under 20 lacs. Hard to find but very possible.

GTO

i second GTO, butttttttttttttt i presume you are not worried about the upkeep costs of skoda that can be a lot higher than the honda....

p.s: is the butttt copyrighted? :p

if u r talking about straight line speed, has to be the Accord 3.0 V6- otherwise, teh RS

Would prefer the Beemer 330i. Doubt whether we could get one under 20L..

Any pointers??

narrow it down to the ford and the rs....stay away from those expensive to maintain used...
ford
performace.....8/10
handling.......9/10
looks......8/10
practicality......7/10
vfm.....9/10
skoda
performance........stock8/10
handling ........8/10
looks......8/10
practicality........8/10
vfm.....rider 9/10 rs....7/10

Brand new - gotta be the Skoda Octavia RS. Nowhere else are you going to get such a combination of so much power, good handling and build quality for so less money.
Used - EVO VI. Don't think I need to rant about its brilliance. Nothing comes close.

if it is possible to get a Mustang Cobra or Shelby GT500 under 20 lakhs in second hand, then it wud be the best deal for me!

else, RS and Accord are the only options.

Brand new the best option is an RS which will cost around 15L and tuning it to put out around 200-230 bhp with a chip upgrade and free flow exhaust is going to cost another 1.5-2.5L depending on where you get it done from.

Apart from that Ford Mondeo is good but not anywhere near as fast as a tuned RS and also is very expensive to maintain.
The Accord is good but not really a sporty car.
The C200k would not be anywhere as fast as a tuned RS and also prone to expensive maintenance and problems.
Used 330i is not really available here as people don't really buy the full monty versions here. You could easily find 316/318/320 versions but they would be comparatively very slow.
Used EVO's & STI's would be great but very hard to find.

RS all the way. be it maintenence, handling or looks. plus its european!!!

Laura vRS Whenever it comes :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa
Laura vRS Whenever it comes :D

this car is gonna be hot....that is when ever i comes....cant wait....saw it at the auto expo...fallen in love with it ever since

Quote:

Originally Posted by revharder
if it is possible to get a Mustang Cobra or Shelby GT500 under 20 lakhs in second hand, then it wud be the best deal for me!

else, RS and Accord are the only options.

Please rate your car on the 5 parameters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

Hello GTO , Please rate the car you think is the best on the five parameters mentioned