Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 20:39   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.

The two new improvements that are listed in the website are:

Quote:
NEW 'COMFORT DRIVE TECHNOLOGY'
Take turns at high speeds with greater ease and confidence thanks to the new 'comfort drive technology'. It gives you superior stability and reduces body roll even at high speeds.

NEW 'COMFORT SUSPENSION'
The Xylo's new 'comfort suspension' takes its comfort to a whole new level. Thanks to its higher flexibility and greater shock absorption, you and your family can take superior ride quality for granted.

Body roll is an issue in the current Xylo, but the above two doesn't doesn't go well together. Has Mahindra found a sweet spot in the suspension setup?

A test drive and report by someone who is a long term user would be highly appreciated!
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 08:44   #47
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.

Greetings of the day!

1. As per a known Mahindra dealership, the 3rd row-60:40 split is just for the back rest and not the bottom portion separately like two different true tumble seats. A really half hearted attempt by the company!

2. Have booked a TD online but no response has been received even after 48 hrs.

3. Seems the company & it's dealers have rather given up on Xylo current generation and the company is focusing on the all new Xylo only.

4. More details shall come up subsequently esp. if and as & when the TD happens.

Regards!
onkar1710 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Body roll is an issue in the current Xylo, but the above two doesn't doesn't go well together. Has Mahindra found a sweet spot in the suspension setup?
A test drive and report by someone who is a long term user would be highly appreciated!

Probably they have added an anti roll bar at the rear too. This could reduce the body roll. The older models have the anti roll bar only at the front, IIRC.
Old 11th December 2014, 14:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Any TD report of the 2014 Xylo - any improvements on the handling and suspension ?

The new Scorpio got a lot of attention but there's hardly any information available on the new Xylo.
Old 11th December 2014, 22:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Any TD report of the 2014 Xylo - any improvements on the handling and suspension ?

The new Scorpio got a lot of attention but there's hardly any information available on the new Xylo.
I have already took a test drive on the new Xylo (Please see the post -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3576333 )

The gear is very smooth compare to the one which I have and the suspension too. I heard that the new model is started picking up. I am seeing more and more Xylo on the road now (both private as well as Taxi)
RajeshK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 21:49   #51
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Took a proper test drive of the post-minor-refresh Xylo, H8, with airbags.

2. Clutch much softer.

3. Gear slotting much better.

4. Body roll and rocking movements felt inside the vehicle have improved considerably.

5. Fit and finish-no change.

6. Braking-slightly better, may be because I was adjusting my driving style.

7. VFM proposition of Xylo stands reasserted.

8. Can be safely recommended to anyone looking for a proper 7/8 seater at this price point.

Regards!
onkar1710 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks