Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 17:04   #16
BHPian

Re: CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
I need to remove the plate where it is fit on the car and keep it safe. In a country where the logos are stolen from the car, any thing of value stuck outside needs good preservation!
It's isn't of any value to anyone - although it's inside the engine bay for retrofitted cars.
Old 21st May 2013, 21:35   #17
BHPian

BHPians a small query!
Mine is a preowned esteem from True Value: Apra, and i've the compliance plate already installed with endorsement in RC. But, somewhere i read that the plates are valid only for 5 years.
The year on my plate is 2007, do i need to get a retest done? I confirmed the same from a few attendants, they were a bit confused and had no clear answer.

Should i get a retest done?
Old 21st May 2013, 21:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
BHPians a small query!
Mine is a preowned esteem from True Value: Apra, and i've the compliance plate already installed with endorsement in RC. But, somewhere i read that the plates are valid only for 5 years.
The year on my plate is 2007, do i need to get a retest done? I confirmed the same from a few attendants, they were a bit confused and had no clear answer.

Should i get a retest done?
Absolutely YES.
CNG kit has to be retested - or typically called "Hydro Stress Test" once it completes 5 years - they'll take whole day - drop off the car in the morning, and pick it up in the evening - or wait there and watch what they do ! To summarize, they'll remove the cylinder, empty out the CNG, clean it, look for cracks, repaint it etc. I'll be sending my Swift for the same procedure tomorrow morning with my driver - will let you know the details thereafter.

The above costs 1000rs - and I am getting mine done from Dwarka.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^I got the same test done from dwarka Only for 1000 bucks, but they did it in few hours. I took a prior appointment, went in the morning and back by noon.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
^^I got the same test done from dwarka Only for 1000 bucks, but they did it in few hours. I took a prior appointment, went in the morning and back by noon.
Shiva Motors is it ?

My swift has just reached their place, and as per telephonic chat i'll get it back by 4PM. Though had it been an off day for me I would have sat on their head for faster delivery - but you know the lovely weather out here
Old 23rd May 2013, 20:14   #21
BHPian

Update - Got the certificate for next 3 years, no issues found in cylinder/beading and installation.
Will get it filled this weekend, and will take it to MASS for leak test before switching it over to CNG.
Total cost came out to be 1000 + 200(for plate) = 1200
Old 24th May 2013, 23:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Shiva Motors is it ?

My swift has just reached their place, and as per telephonic chat i'll get it back by 4PM. Though had it been an off day for me I would have sat on their head for faster delivery - but you know the lovely weather out here
Name was something similar, shiva or surya, Don't remember exactly. Indeed man, the weather is being too much lovely out there, 5 min in afternoon heat, and you start heating like a tandoori chicken
Old 25th May 2013, 10:23   #23
BHPian

I found no compliance plate in my co. fitted car. No plate on the cylinder in the boot and no plate near the fill point under the bonnet, looks like some time will have to be spent afterall in this lovely weather.
Old 30th May 2013, 19:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

As expected the deadline has been increased by the government, Stupid decision of fixing this compliance plates and more foolish decision to extend the deadline.

Related link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/20342158.cms
Old 1st June 2013, 12:42   #25
BHPian

Don't pay more than Rs. 150-250 for this plate.

The plate comes free of cost with all approved kits. If retrofitters were not fitting it in vehicles, it is their fault. All you should pay for is the blank punching machine/labour, and since this task takes not more than 20 mins, don't pay Rs. 1000 or Rs. 500. It's just the case of the retrofitter making moolah.

Also, deadline in Delhi NCR has been extended up to Aug (users have time till 31 July) . So pricey acting Retrofitters should be avoided.
Old 9th June 2013, 07:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
I found no compliance plate in my co. fitted car. No plate on the cylinder in the boot and no plate near the fill point under the bonnet, looks like some time will have to be spent afterall in this lovely weather.
Found the plate. I was looking at the wrong place! It's in the hood alright, but tucked away on the opposite side of the filling nozzle almost hidden behind some wires. I'm good.

And the plate is required in ALL CNG fitted cars. But a co. fitted one will have it somewhere or the other.

Last edited by LithiumSunset : 9th June 2013 at 07:32.
Old 9th June 2013, 12:07   #27
BHPian

I, for one feel that all this Compliance plate issue is just a gimmick. Another way to mint money. Had it been so important as per the law, why were the retrofitted cars without plate passed by the MLOs over the years.

Had IGL be so serious about the non-endorsed CNG kits, it could have simply mandated to show RC with CNG endorsed upon it before filling at CNG stations.

Non-RC endorsed vehicles shall still continue to get CNG. The only point being that the pump attendant would charge a Rs.10-20 commission per refill from the car owner. Besides, the compliance plate have no uniqueness or authentic seal on it, any one with a galvanized sheet and punching number set can easily make it. Reminds me of my first semester engineering days when we had to make a job using GI sheet n punching our roll no onto it in workshop practical.
Old 9th June 2013, 15:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
I, for one feel that all this Compliance plate issue is just a gimmick. Another way to mint money.

Non-RC endorsed vehicles shall still continue to get CNG. The only point being that the pump attendant would charge a Rs.10-20 commission per refill from the car owner. Besides, the compliance plate have no uniqueness or authentic seal on it, any one with a galvanized sheet and punching number set can easily make it. Reminds me of my first semester engineering days when we had to make a job using GI sheet n punching our roll no onto it in workshop practical.
I got a plate installed for my wagon r. I was not carrying the RC . He installed it anyway. So even cars which don't have RC endorsed can get it done. Paid Rs.300 . Charges vary from Rs.200 to Rs.600 installer to installer.

Basically waste of time and money.
Old 6th November 2014, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Can anybody recommend an authorised CNG Hydro test center in Delhi, preferably east Delhi? The five year test rule is now shortened to three years and I've been refused a refill on too many occasions across various IGL vends in the recent past.

Might as well get the test done, so what if Petrol is getting cheaper.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Can anybody recommend an authorised CNG Hydro test center in Delhi, preferably east Delhi? The five year test rule is now shortened to three years and I've been refused a refill on too many occasions across various IGL vends in the recent past.

Might as well get the test done, so what if Petrol is getting cheaper.

Center details are on the home page of IGL - http://www.iglonline.net/default.aspx

Look at the left hand side of the main page.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed