Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 16:46   #16
BHPian

Are we forgetting the Terracan?
Old 25th May 2006, 16:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
(that gave me a kick -- used a smiley for the first time!!). And apart from the high initial and running costs of SUV's, our narrow roads and crowded cities would be another major factor in making SUV's less popular in India. Parking, overtaking, reversing, etc. would be a nightmare in our city roads and most highways as well.
Regards, rks
When people can park a scorpio, I am sure they can drive and park most other SUV's in India. I saw a Scorpio parked right next to a Jeep Cherookee, and guess what??? Scorpio is bigger than Jeep.... So if and when manf bring proper SUV's in India, we sure can drive them and park them without any problems....
I get sooo PO (pissed off) at manf, they sell cheap ppl movers for the rest of the world at a premium price here.... an 8 lakh rupee Camry in United States costs 20+ lakhs in India..... DAMNNNNNN!!!!
Old 25th May 2006, 17:01   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO - with the family expanding you cant go wrong with TOYOTA INNOVA D4-D 2.5 V. Trust me I changed my opinions once I had a ride in it. Sadly thats the best option you have.
Pleases the head man. Not the heart. I have recommended several Innovas within my circle and love the machine for what it offers.

But I dont want an MUV for myself.

GTO
Old 25th May 2006, 17:09   #19
BHPian

Hey, The perfect SUV- hmm. I suggest a pricing change GTO, I mean that part of ehats gonna make it perfect as well
Looking at 10lakhs sub, I mean its gotta be able to draw the 6/7 lakh crowd to scrounge and get that 3 lakhs more for the SUV y'know
Its gotta go 4x4 and have the looks and comfort.
For sub 10L , i wouldnt mind losing a tad of refinement as long as it was butch
Old 25th May 2006, 17:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I get sooo PO (pissed off) at manf, they sell cheap ppl movers for the rest of the world at a premium price here.... an 8 lakh rupee Camry in United States costs 20+ lakhs in India..... DAMNNNNNN!!!!
exactly;as this one is about SUV's i thought of sharing this.My friend in Detroit,had leased out a Jeep Liberty Sports 2006 model for 4500USD for 2 years\24000miles.That monster has 3.7ltr engine,and delivers 210bhp.has got sunroof,16" alloys etc......how is it possible..i just dont understand this logic at all.....anyone can throw some light on this?
Old 25th May 2006, 17:19   #21
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
We hear very reliable talk about the new Safari for December this year, 2.2 litre CRDi, 145 bhp, 330nm. News came from another TBHP member who is 'in the know' and we're told the vehicle will be totally 'new' from ground up.
Yes there is a new 2.2 ltr under development but I wouldn't believe the 'new from ground up' part until i see it on the road.

Had the Innova come with the Safari's looks, it could have been a very worthwhile buy.
Old 25th May 2006, 17:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Had the Innova come with the Safari's looks, it could have been a very worthwhile buy.
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!
Old 25th May 2006, 17:28   #23
BHPian

There is a new engine being developed for the scorpio ~ 134 bhp completely new architecture and double cam. expected time ~ 5 months. sounds interesting as Mahindra know the indian conditions well
Old 25th May 2006, 17:32   #24
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner
There is a new engine being developed for the scorpio ~ 134 bhp completely new architecture and double cam. expected time ~ 5 months. sounds interesting as Mahindra know the indian conditions well
I worry about the torque of this engine as i hear its a 2 ltr. Could you confirm if it actually is?
Old 25th May 2006, 17:32   #25
BHPian

How about the Hyundai slashing the prices for the Terracan? If they can get it down to around 18 lacs, there would be definately a lot of people running in for it.

GTO, May be a good find in the used car market will help your cause.
Old 25th May 2006, 17:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
I worry about the torque of this engine as i hear its a 2 ltr. Could you confirm if it actually is?
its a 2.2 litre crde engine... you can find more info here
Old 25th May 2006, 17:36   #27
BHPian

well the the safari dicor costs below 12l has the highest torque in its class
can seat 7 passengers, modern looks,turbo-diesel crdi engine , but no sunroof , performance is ok but the handling is poor . but that's what to get for 10lac rupees .
Old 25th May 2006, 17:36   #28
BHPian

The new Vitara with the the Renault diesel will be great. Suzuki has switched to a monococque though. That would place it in the same category as a CRV or Tucson.

The Fortuner will be your best bet if Toyota gets around to launching it. The dynamics of an Innova combined with better looks and a more powerful engine.
Old 25th May 2006, 17:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
The diesel powerplant will be better adapted to highway fuel adulteration than the petrol.
If it is the IDI engine GTO. CRDI injectors are costly and bad fuel can cause serious problems. Agree with everything else in your post.

Another factor for the diesel powerplant is it is more environment friendly and easier on the pocket. Petrol SUV owners should be **tchslapped and given a wedgie. LOL! Joking dudes, but petrol on a heavy vehicle sucks.
Old 25th May 2006, 18:24   #30
BHPian

terracan wud be it, with mind numbing torque which can rip the tramac apart...

shhh, nobody talks abt it here...sad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks