Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 19:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Spotted Opel Corsa 3 door hatchback

Guys i spotted two Opel Corsa 3 door hatchback today near Total mall signal(Outer ring road) Bangalore. Both were red in color. Both had sort of temporary registration plate(red color one).Both the cars were completely un-camouflaged. Even the badges were not covered.One of the car was being driven by a lady.

Not sure if these are test mules or being brought for some demo. The reason is very unclear as GM has stopped Opel brand in India.

Sorry could not take picture's and also could not notice if they were petrol/diesel version.

The cars i spotted are the one's in link below.
Moderators:Please delete the thread. Found that a thread is already present.
http://www.opel.com/microsite/corsa/#/home

Last edited by PrideRed : 14th November 2013 at 19:54. Reason: A thread already exists. Request moderators to delete the thread.
Old 15th November 2013, 11:33   #32
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Spotted Opel Corsa 3 door hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Guys i spotted two Opel Corsa 3 door hatchback today near Total mall signal(Outer ring road) Bangalore. Both were red in color. Both had sort of temporary registration plate(red color one).Both the cars were completely un-camouflaged. Even the badges were not covered.One of the car was being driven by a lady.

Not sure if these are test mules or being brought for some demo. The reason is very unclear as GM has stopped Opel brand in India.

Sorry could not take picture's and also could not notice if they were petrol/diesel version.

The cars i spotted are the one's in link below.
Moderators:Please delete the thread. Found that a thread is already present.
http://www.opel.com/microsite/corsa/#/home
Yep , I saw it near Marathahalli.. The driver was looking clueless btw :P
It's a nice looking car, bought I doubt very much they will bring it here. The car for all you know may not be belonging to GM in the first place! It could be a company like Bosch testing out their tech in this car.
Old 20th November 2013, 11:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Scoop - Opel Corsa ecoFLEX Test Mule Spotted in Bangalore

Saw two Opel Corsa ecoFLEX Test Mules in Bangalore today morning, on the way to work !! These were not camouflaged !!
Trailed the 2 bright red vehicles from HSR Layout until Ecospace, where they went ahead and I went inside Ecospace.

Due to the ultra peak hour traffic, I managed to get these pictures. I couldn't manage to get a shot of the interirors.

Some noticeable features:

2 Door Hatchback
4 Seater
Temp MH Registered
Beige Interiors

Anyone has any pointers ?
Are these for International markets, or Opel is trying a big comeback into India ?

Have shot a video too. Uploading to YouTube in Progress. Will share it here soon.

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_100821.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101445.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101453.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_100931.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_100933.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_100939.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101323.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101331.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101332.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101358.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_1014040.jpg

New Opel Corsa spotted-20131120_101008.jpg

P.S: If any of the BHPians have seen me driving a little weird, it was because I was taking these shots. Apologies to fellow road users.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 20th November 2013 at 11:34.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 11:31   #34
BHPian

Re: Scoop - Opel Corsa ecoFLEX Test Mule Spotted in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
P.S: If any of the BHPians have seen me driving a little weird, it was because I was taking these shots. Apologies to fellow road users.
What! You were alone in the car? Driving and clicking pics at the same time? That's bad sir. A few pics have been taken on the move (apart from the ones taken in traffic jams) which is downright risky and bad driving.

Coming to the topic now, nice scoop!
Old 20th November 2013, 11:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop - Opel Corsa ecoFLEX Test Mule Spotted in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
What! You were alone in the car? Driving and clicking pics at the same time? That's bad sir. A few pics have been taken on the move (apart from the ones taken in traffic jams) which is downright risky and bad driving.
Coming to the topic now, nice scoop!
Apologies again. I actually overtook the test mules and stopped by to take pictures and 2 videos. And a couple of them when vehicles had stopped, or moving at snail's pace. My one fault, and I agree, is that I was not in one lane - bad lane discipline. Sorry.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 12:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Opel Corsa spotted

I wonder why they are testing the 3-door variant (s) in India. Are they testing the car for another country with similar climate (Australia)? This one is premium for Indian market, & with not so good sales for the Sail, doubt one could expect a premium product from GM/ Chevy, as it would be a stillborn launch.
Old 20th November 2013, 12:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quoting unk9ja's post from the first page of this thread,

"This is a test vehicle being driven by Bosch for fine tuning the Engine management. You can see this doing rounds around Adugodi during weekdays and going out on long runs in the weekends to check the vehicle running in different conditions. It is not for Indian market and is being developed for the EU market."
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 13:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Here are two videos that I managed to click.
The test mules were driving very slow, probably 1st or 2nd gear.

PS: For the 2nd Video, I know shooting and driving is bad and illegal. Apologies to fellow road users. I was at a speed of ~15kmph on 2nd gear.
Old 8th December 2013, 20:04   #39
BHPian

New Opel Corsa Sighted

I saw the new Opel Corsa, red in colour. In J.P. Nagar Banaglore during my morning walk today. Surprisingly it was a two door hatchback. One of the rare ones if at all it gets introduced in India. No effort from the company to hide it though. Could take 2 snaps. Not sure if GM wants to introduce it here. On the front saw a paper pasted on the wind shield saying "Veh. No 1." Apologies for the picture quality my bberry has only 2 MP camera. Maharashtra Number plate, so my inference could be wrong though, as it could be from the Talegaon plant.
Attached Thumbnails
New Opel Corsa spotted-img20131208000981.jpg  

New Opel Corsa spotted-img20131208000991.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2013 at 22:05.
neerajku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 23:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Opel Corsa Sighted

^^^This may be test cars produced by GM here for exports. The TC plate on the car in the above referred thread reads 881 and this one is 882.
Old 9th December 2013, 10:51   #41
BHPian

Saw the similar car with number plate ending with number 1,Near Palace Guttahalli ,its a 2 door,4 passenger car.
I tried speaking to the driver,but he was too rude in answering the questions.Hence didnt ask much.
I assume it was a diesel and it was quiet silent compared to other indian diesel cars.The driver had kept it in iddling for a while before switching it off completely.It also looked very spacious as a total of 5 medium build people came out with good number of huge shopping bags.
msvg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 14:01   #42
BHPian

Is it just me who finds the second half of the car, i.e. after the B-pillar absolutely horrible looking?

The unproportionate, triangular piece of glass is such an eye-sore! They totally could've done something better there.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:59   #43
BHPian

I believe it's come to Bosch and is doing some software-electronic hardware testing/calibration/validation. I saw a 4 door silver one speeding on hosur road a few months ago near Bommasandra with a few Bosch engineers inside (a friend of mine who works with Bosch was in it too, hence my 'Bosch' hunch). Not sure if GM in Bangalore has been doing the same but if they were I stand corrected about my Bosch statement.
goingelectric is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks