Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 15:45   #1
BHPian

NHC ZX - Ground Clearance

In some article I remember reading NHC ZX ground clearance has been increased from 160 to 173 mm.

But on their website it still claims 160mm, so whats correct?

http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/pe...ifications.asp
Old 25th May 2006, 17:37   #2
BHPian

ground clearance is 160MM only.... has the honda guys increased the ground clearance to 173, the NHC drives would be more happy pulling the car on patch roads. NHC saddest part is ground clearance. Well, Honda guys should take care of it in their next model or their next NHC udgradation
Old 25th May 2006, 18:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
In some article I remember reading NHC ZX ground clearance has been increased from 160 to 173 mm.

But on their website it still claims 160mm, so whats correct?

http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/pe...ifications.asp
But I understand that the suspension has been made stiffer; that should do some help.
Old 25th May 2006, 18:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
But I understand that the suspension has been made stiffer; that should do some help.
While negotiating potholes, the irksome 'thump' noise from front suspension (feature of 'old' NHC) has been taken care of. However, steep speedbreakers and even medium sized rocks continue to be a threat. There is no change in ground clearance.

Last edited by Poseidon : 25th May 2006 at 18:58.
Old 25th May 2006, 20:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
While negotiating potholes, the irksome 'thump' noise from front suspension (feature of 'old' NHC) has been taken care of. However, steep speedbreakers and even medium sized rocks continue to be a threat. There is no change in ground clearance.
Agreed. That irksome "thud" has all gone except for the worst of indian roads, where one can still get a "thud" if you try hard.
Old 25th May 2006, 21:51   #6
BHPian

It's 160mm still. And big speed breakers in Bangalore still hurt the under body.

Examples:

1. The one just after the Ramamurthy Nagar / Tamarind signal on the Outer Ring Road while going towards Old Madras Road.

2. A couple of them on the Hennur Main Road well past the Outer Ring Road intersection.
Old 26th May 2006, 19:09   #7
BHPian

All of his own, the local Honda dealer was offering to fit an 'engine guard' . Seems the NHC's low clearance has had more than its fair share of victims.. I havent got it fitted though - just learnt to be vary of all breakers and potholes!
Old 29th May 2006, 10:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
All of his own, the local Honda dealer was offering to fit an 'engine guard' . Seems the NHC's low clearance has had more than its fair share of victims.. I havent got it fitted though - just learnt to be vary of all breakers and potholes!
why dont the companies increase the ground clearance, when its known that in india we drive on mountains, there are no roads here.

i saw on skoda website that its gc is 150 mm this is crazy....
Old 29th May 2006, 18:29   #9
BHPian

Venkat, Skoda Octavia's GC is 134mm. BTW, as one Honda service executive put it (to me), varied heights would alter a lot of parameters including high speed stability etc. and Honda in India is not prepared to deal with those.
Old 17th August 2006, 11:45   #10

pls let me know if there is a way to increase the GC of the NHC Zx as i am booking one soon
Old 18th August 2006, 02:45   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That old thump makes me skip a heart beat on ever pothole......sound like i have cracked the bumper or something. I wonder why the sound is so loud in the NHC as i have the non ZX, anyway i can eliminate this coz my car has alot of dents in the splash guard under the car due to low clearence.
Old 18th August 2006, 09:27   #12
BHPian

Hondas are notorious for their lower ground clearance not just in India but everywhere. May be that's what improves their road holding!? Is this ground clearance still a problem in bigger cities in India?

Last edited by THE-U- : 18th August 2006 at 09:28.
Old 18th August 2006, 09:57   #13
BHPian

Yeah, GC oh NHC ZX is still 160mm, its not increased at all.
Old 18th August 2006, 17:07   #14
BHPian

City ZX's GC issue is embarassing while carting guests! (that odd breraker..). I feel like asking them to get off/ reversing and taking alternative route! Usually I scrape and make lame excuses
This is my only gripe with the car..

Last edited by Poseidon : 18th August 2006 at 17:11.
Old 18th August 2006, 17:25   #15
SLK
Senior - BHPian

A wagonR has a ground clearence of 165mm... and I can't remember it scraping the speed breakers (unless unduely loaded) in the past 5.5years.

So its not the number (mm) that matters... its the suspension stiffness and the other low hanging parts.

The biggest problem is "Bangalore"... ugly roads with lot of H-U-G-E speed breakers.... in delhi it's quite ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks