Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 19:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan to Recall Micra and Sunny Sedan in India, to Replace Brake Master Cylinder

It would be interesting to know two things. The make of the master cylinder unit and the make of the replacement unit and if both are of similar make, then the modification/correction carried out by the OEM supplier.
And whether Renault's Pulse/Scala faces similar problem would be worth knowing too.
Old 24th May 2013, 21:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Nissan to Recall Micra and Sunny Sedan in India, to Replace Brake Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
That's because VW were ordered to recall this in China after some investigations by an official agency. Why would they recall this in India without any such directive?
Ya, they will not as there is none to direct them in such cases in India and that's why I said Nissan is better that they at least came up bold on this by themselves.
I just went by what the link says - Quoted for you:
Quote:
There are plenty of reports on our forum of Indian car owners who were stranded by the roadside because of a faulty DSG. Unfortunately, neither the VW group nor Skoda (whose Superb is severely affected by this problem) have announced a similar recall in India. Our country doesn't even have a watchdog like the one present in China that ordered the recall.
Now, lets not go OT over this. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2013, 23:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

While recalls are a slight inconvenience for the customer, it is good that they correct mistakes. Mistakes can happen, but they should be coming down; not upwards, that is what Quality Analysis are for.

The doctor's order is just what the patient wished - I am having a horrible time with my Micra-D's brakes, even inside city limits. And I just wish that the replacement improves the braking on the whole. Waiting for GTO's update on the replacement for his Sunny.
Old 25th May 2013, 00:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

The press release/memo does not say anything about 'why' they are replacing and 'exactly what' is the expected improvement.

Are the current batch of Micras already being sold with the new booster? Anybody TDed it?

Is it going to improve the braking? Lots of unanswered questions...Waiting with bated breath more dope !

Last edited by Mpower : 29th May 2013 at 17:50.
Old 25th May 2013, 00:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Japanese carmaker Nissan Motor India has recalled 22,188 of its Micra hatchback and Sunny sedan produced at its Chennai plant to replace the master brake cylinder.

Source :http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20241395.cms
Does this mean Renault Scala will also be affected? Any chance the parts are same? Anyone has a clue?
Old 25th May 2013, 06:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2013 at 13:16.
TheARUN is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2013, 11:36   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That was just a random though!

A: Hey, weren't you planning to book a Sunny this weekend?

B: Yeah, what's up?

A: I read an article in Economic Times today morn about Nissan recalling a batch of Sunny and Micra cars.

B: Oh damn! I had almost zeroed down to buy a Sunny diesel XV. Looks like I might have to up the budget and get myself a Vento TDI. I wonder why is it that it is always the Japs. that do most of the recalls?!

A: Yeah it might be a good idea to stay away from Nissan for now.

I hope you are getting what I am trying to say here.
Agreed. But, that regular Joe probably wont think anyway outside Maruti or Hyundai. Might be the reason, Suzuki is still sold as Maruti here, considering now they are 100% Suzuki and 0% Maruti.

Anyway, as per Nissan India website it is Micra and Sunny "produced between June 2012 to March 2013".

Last edited by PetrolRider : 25th May 2013 at 11:39. Reason: Added nissan india website information.
Old 25th May 2013, 12:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India's website updated on the recall.

Quote:
As part of its ongoing quality monitoring procedure Nissan has identified a
potential defect in the master brake cylinder in a specific range of Micra and
Sunny models produced between June 2012 to March 2013 – no other Nissan models or vehicles produced outside of this period are affected.

http://www.nissan.in/en/web/header/header_22483.htm
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 12:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

The recall is because Nissan feels a higher capacity master cylinder is eaasential to take the load. Which is fine, Nissan cares for its customers. Development tests and initial prototype tests may have overlooked this. In a country like India one ends up pressing the brake every few minutes in the city traffic unlike many places where it is much less frequent, hence different systems may be required in different conditions.

I am also interested to know how does Automatic Transmission fluid do in A/T models in India where in M/T clutch burnouts may be expected every 100,000 KM.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 14:12   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nissan's statement on what the problem is (as told to the Times of India):

Quote:
When operating the system, under light braking force, the customer may experience longer brake travel.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 17:25   #26
BANNED

What about cars manufactured before June 2012 ? If this is to improve brake performance, it should cover all cars.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

The page has started checking the VIN for the replacement. Mine falls under the select batches.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MESSAGE

YOUR NISSAN : MICRA / SUNNY

VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER : MDHFCUK.............

Nissan has identified that the following campaign is outstanding on your Nissan Micra / Sunny

Brake Master Cylinder

Please get in touch with your nearest dealer immediately so any necessary repairs can be conducted by our professional technicians free of charge.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 10:15   #28
BANNED

OWNER NOTIFICATION MESSAGE
YOUR NISSAN : MICRA / SUNNY
VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER : MDHFBUK-------
Nissan has identified that the no campaign is outstanding on your Nissan MICRA / SUNNY
To ensure correct information has been passed to you , please confirm that you have entered the correct 17 character VIN. If not please correct it and try again. A valid VIN consist of 17 Alphanumeric characters. A valid VIN does not contain any spaces or special characters.

My car is 2011 manufactured.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 28th May 2013 at 10:17.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:47   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
And whether Renault's Pulse/Scala faces similar problem would be worth knowing too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawrie View Post
Does this mean Renault Scala will also be affected? Any chance the parts are same? Anyone has a clue?
Official: Renault recalling Pulse and Scala too;

Renault has issued an official statement recalling 2836 units of the Pulse and 4180 units of the Scala that had been manufactured in the same period to replace the brake master cylinder.

Source: http://www.carwale.com/news/10555-of...-cylinder.html

Last edited by karan561 : 28th May 2013 at 15:53.
Old 28th May 2013, 16:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nissan would have made an assessment, in which models / makes this particular master cylinder was installed. It may be not for all Nissan production in India, a large assembly line has multiple suppliers for most parts required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks