Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 19:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan to Recall Micra and Sunny Sedan in India, to Replace Brake Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
OWNER NOTIFICATION MESSAGE
YOUR NISSAN : MICRA / SUNNY
VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER : MDHFBUK-------
Nissan has identified that the no campaign is outstanding on your Nissan MICRA / SUNNY
To ensure correct information has been passed to you , please confirm that you have entered the correct 17 character VIN. If not please correct it and try again. A valid VIN consist of 17 Alphanumeric characters. A valid VIN does not contain any spaces or special characters.

My car is 2011 manufactured.
So this isn't going back to the cars manufactured back then? I thought the spongy brakes was a problem from the day they started the sales!

So does that mean that new cars rolling off the production lines may or may not be with the brakes issue fixed?
Old 29th May 2013, 00:29   #32
BHPian

Re: Nissan to Recall Micra and Sunny Sedan in India, to Replace Brake Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
So this isn't going back to the cars manufactured back then? I thought the spongy brakes was a problem from the day they started the sales!

So does that mean that new cars rolling off the production lines may or may not be with the brakes issue fixed?
Looks like it. Nissan fixing the master brake cylinder will make the brakes as good as the other Sunnys out there.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am confused, the issues pertaining to poor performance of brakes in Nissan duos has been reported by many irrespective of the year of manufacture (with different OEMs supplying the MBC).

Is it not something serious on the design part and other buyers / older buyers should also be equally benefited by this recall?

I am not a technical expert but most of the people here in the form have driven many cars and those with Nissan & an alternate can share that the duos are not performing according to expectation when it comes to braking.

Can someone throw light on this?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th May 2013 at 13:51. Reason: Break changes to brake
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 10:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

It came in the newspapers today, even Renault Pulse and Scalas are going to be recalled, but some batches.
Old 29th May 2013, 12:42   #35
BHPian

Got a call from Torrent Nissan. Since my first service is due mid-June, they fixed an appointment for 15th June to address both; the master brake cylinder replacement & the first free service. Was also cautioned that the spare parts have not yet arrived, and that the date could change based on the arrival of the spares.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 15:41   #36
BHPian

Completed 1st free service at Torrent Nissan, where they also changed the master brake cylinder. The braking performance has significantly improved. I can say that perhaps 20- 30% improvement in stopping performance. I have a petrol XV model, and I tested this today in Mumbai's rainy weather. You now can judge how the car will behave when the brake pedal is depressed. Nissan has now closed quite satisfactorily (atleast to me) the one sore issue with the car
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 16:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Completed 1st free service at Torrent Nissan, where they also changed the master brake cylinder. The braking performance has significantly improved. I can say that perhaps 20- 30% improvement in stopping performance. I have a petrol XV model, and I tested this today in Mumbai's rainy weather. You now can judge how the car will behave when the brake pedal is depressed. Nissan has now closed quite satisfactorily (atleast to me) the one sore issue with the car
Thank You @Seeler_Rebeiro, have you also tested the brakes in dry weather, because as per my experience (with a non-ABS model) the brakes turn quite sharp in rainy season.
Old 18th June 2013, 17:32   #38
Team-BHP Support

I was called by Ichibaan Nissan saying that my car is also due the brake master cylinder replacement and they will call me in July when the part/s come in. Will update when I get the replacement done.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Thank You @Seeler_Rebeiro, have you also tested the brakes in dry weather, because as per my experience (with a non-ABS model) the brakes turn quite sharp in rainy season.
No, no chance in the next couple of weeks I guess, with the weather the way it is in Mumbai. Will update when we get a dry spell here.
Old 26th June 2013, 00:32   #40
BHPian

Mine is a Sunny Diesel XL. Got my 1st year service done today at Ramani Nissan, Coimbatore. The Brake master cylinder was also replaced as a part of the service.

My take: Drove around 25 kms. The brake definitely feels way better. It responds sooner. The emergency braking has improved a lot. I can bring the car to a standstill sooner. But, it still could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Nissan has now closed quite satisfactorily (atleast to me) the one sore issue with the car
@Seeler_Rebeiro - +1
csshyamsundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 07:34   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India Asked To Replace Defective Micra Or Refund Cost - Consumer Forum

The Japanese carmaker took a long time to commence the recall after being directed to do so by the East District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum. The consumer forum has asked Nissan India to either replace the defective Micra sold to a doctor or refund its cost.

The vehicle was sent to Nissan service station numerous times to solve the braking issues but the problem persisted. In June 2012, the entire brake assembly of the car was replaced but still the problem persisted. Nissan has denied the allegation that the car was defective by saying that the Micra had been driven for over 30,000 kms till filing of the complaint in 2012. The forum has rejected the contention of Nissan and has asked the Japanese automaker to replace the defective car or refund the cost

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/nissan...PtGyt1xbeBv.99
Old 16th July 2013, 18:11   #42
BHPian

My brake master cylinder had got replaced before few days. Following are my impressions:

Braking has severely improved.

The brakes are able to tame the monster torque in the diesel very well

Highway drives are no longer a big fear due to the improved brakes.

Brakes well even in B2B traffic.

Also got info that the master cylinder would have worn out after 30k + Kms.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 17th July 2013, 17:53   #43
BHPian

I have described my experiences with the MBC recall for my scala in the post below - http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...cylinders.html

Last edited by INNOVATOR : 17th July 2013 at 18:01. Reason: hyperlink not visible
Old 18th July 2013, 12:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Also got info that the master cylinder would have worn out after 30k + Kms.
Is this the old master cylinder or the new one ?
Also, does anyone think that 30K is too low for the master cylinder to be worn out ?
Old 18th July 2013, 18:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csshyamsundar View Post
Is this the old master cylinder or the new one ?
Also, does anyone think that 30K is too low for the master cylinder to be worn out ?

It is the old one. As it was defective it was destined to get worn out 30k+ kms. The new one will last longer.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks