Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2006, 18:50   #76
BHPian

Your car starts installing a "driver" everytime a different person gets into the driving seat! The list goes on.. but the best of all is: Press the start button to switch off the car !!

Sorry guys.. i know its offtopic.. but couldnt resist..

In one sentence.. "The biggest blunder is just waiting to happen"
Old 6th June 2006, 07:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt
No Diesel Mill from Honda.
Dont worry, their award winning 2.2 ctdi which is currently being used in accord else where in this world will breach our shore soon.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:00   #78
BHPian

Thats Nice ..............
so when r we expecting that 2.2 Diesel in India.????

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Dont worry, their award winning 2.2 ctdi which is currently being used in accord else where in this world will breach our shore soon.
Old 6th June 2006, 21:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt
Thats Nice ..............
so when r we expecting that 2.2 Diesel in India.????
I guess soon , and I know from a source that Skoda has stopped taking bookings in Cochin...waiting period..only 70days...so that should be a bell for honda.
Old 9th June 2006, 18:27   #80
BHPian

how did you forget???

how could you guys have forgotten the biggest blunder committed by Maruti Udyog Ltd.....The launch of an ugly car called the 'Zen Classic'. What a super sized lemon that was in terms of design. And to think of it, some people actually paid money to buy it!!!!
Old 14th June 2006, 09:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Right now...how about Fiat - Tata Alliance ?

What do you people think about Fiat-Tata Alliance. Do you people think its gonna work out well ? I am a big fan of Fiat but sadly its making mistakes after mistakes after mistakes . I dont think Launching Grand Punto is gonna help much either . I can never see any future for this Alliance as far as Fiat is concerned . The only thing they needed were an active customer friendly dealer/service outlet across India.Just for that they neednt Join hands with Tata , If Toyota can find Kirloskar , Fiat can find another Kirloskar. Fiat is not lacking in expereince as far as making and marketing is concerened in India , what they are lacking is Managers that lack sense which again is not very common in here . This alliance is more I feel 70% beneficial to Tata coz they can work closely with Fiat and gain their expertise in improving former's build quality . Fiat has one of the finest small capacity diesel engines , like 1.3 JTD (Jet turbo Diesel). Its sad to see that Maruti took up the inititative to launch though may be in later phase it may be shared with Suzuki/Chevrolet(spark)/Fiat. The current 1.9 D is really really not something to be launcehd after that great 1.7 Turbo Diesel .What I feel they should have done is start building up a Network starting with the Metro's of India , get a new Generation business partners and appoint dealers like how Hyundai had done . Make sure dealers maintain a friendly relationship with the customers on a regular basis. I have a Fiat Siena that has done more than 1,00,000 kms and build quality is to be really expereinced. Its impeccable and of very high order something Koreans and Japanese have yet to learn . Am just praying that atleast this time they dont mess up their plan.

If everything had gone well right after the launch of Fiat Palio , I guess right now they would have launched an Abarth Version , and may be Stilo , GRand Punto.....and may be the Purest Italian Sedan...Alfa Romeo 156 ...Sadly Dreams remain dreams .....but any way I am enjoying this dream right now...
Old 22nd April 2007, 15:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Toyota india's hibernation for a very long period with no new launches,not setting up a new plant quickly,The qualis and innova could have coexisted for a while atleast,lack of diesel option for the corolla inspite of civic beating the corolla by a huge margin,pricing of the camry.

Honda's reluctance to introduce diesel into India[this is going to hurt them pretty soon].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 22nd April 2007 at 15:38.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:19   #83
BHPian

naming a weired looking car, Zen estilo(well its my view, no offence intended)- the old zen was a true driver's car

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
What do you people think about Fiat-Tata Alliance.

Do you people think its gonna work out well ? I am a big fan of Fiat but sadly its making mistakes after mistakes after mistakes .
i feel the launch of stile1.1, in a way will boost the indica p/d sales. heard that the 1.1 is such a sluggish thing from other threads. Palio 1.1 is targeted for the masses, for whom FE is the ultimate decission making factor. If one compares specs, who would go for a Palio which is really underpowered compared to an indica, evenif both are having almost similar FE (I am not sure abt the FE figures). The old 1.2, 1.6 and the 1.9D were just brilliant. I just dont know what is going to be the fate of FIAT.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

i agree with GTO here Maruthis could have dominated the market with the diesel cars for they hold a very strong service network in our country in comparision!

also i fell that the new getz PRIME is powered with a SANTRO XING's engine only tuned to a extra 3bhp(from 64bhp to 67bhp) is a blunder for the normal getz had a resonably good engine and a good fuel efficiency in comparision.

all the hype of Getz of germany Being Made in India ads is just so not GOOD AT ALL.

also no attempts from Mitsibishi to attract the masses after the Lancer till late.

and a cedia looking like a Evo being launched very late.
and this cedia doesnot sport a diesel version. or does it?

another big blunder from tatas is the upgrade of indica being a saloon indigo with an increase in the boot alone and the looks really like a indica overmade. and then the indigo marina for the extra luggage.

and lately the Lounge ad of the indigo man the ad makes it pose like as if the car is a streched Limosene. so bad on tata's part all this being done to cut costs hugely.

another blunder is the late launch of the MAG version of the honda UNICORN and the 200+cc bike not even being given a proper thought?

Note from moderator: Kindly use 20 minute edit post limit provided.

Last edited by adya33 : 25th April 2007 at 07:00.
Old 25th April 2007, 00:31   #85
BHPian

My thoughts,

Fiat,by not coming in with a bolder approach into the indian market instead of hitching rides with all and sundry.

Daewoo...It is a damn sad thing.There cannot be a bigger example.
Old 25th April 2007, 02:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
also no attempts from Mitsibishi to attract the masses after the Lancer till late.

and a cedia looking like a Evo being launched very late.
and this cedia doesnot sport a diesel version. or does it?
the new lancer in the states is not bad looking...
Old 26th April 2007, 15:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead View Post
No Offence taken,
However,
I dont dispute that Daewoo were in trouble worldwide, but iirc the trouble started , or at any rate got to a head, Well after they ran the price cuts on the cielo and made a mess of the whole affair.
When i bought My Matiz in Oct 2000, there was still no sound of Daewoo being in Big trouble or closing down their India operation at all.

IMO all their cars well supeirior in most respects to their Korean counterparts
be it in construction or interiors.
You will not find a Matiz with a hanging bumper- you may find a dented one,that too only with a local dent, but to get it to hang have to tear it off- But sneeze on my baleno bumper and it will hang from one end out of fright.
In any case these are the factors that aggravated it,

But your main query was- Whats the biggest blunder by an indian Car manf- that was my answer to that specific query
can you please abbrevate the full form of "IMO".
Old 26th April 2007, 16:24   #88
BHPian

I think IMO means "In my opinion".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed