Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 10:14   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

EVO Magazine coming to India

Sirish Chandran (ex-Overdrive editor) has set up a publishing company in Pune called Golden Sparrow Media Works. He's going to launch Evo India in the coming months. Much like Evo in the UK, Evo India will focus on driving / enthusiasts.....from affordable hatchbacks to 300 kph Supercars, from single-cylinder sports motorcycles to Superbikes.

EVO Magazine coming to India-evo.jpg
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 10:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: EVO Magazine coming to India

While any new car magazine getting launched in the market is a good news for we enthusiats; I ma failing to understand one thing here - After Qutting OD, he did something with ACI and now this.

All the very best Shirish.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see new magazines coming up! But thanks to Team-Bhp, my subscriptions for magazines has ended long time back!
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Good to see new magazines coming up! But thanks to Team-Bhp, my subscriptions for magazines has ended long time back!
I used to subscribe to EVO, it was fun and Sirish is the rightguy to lead this, however, I preferred the depth of CAR magazine and went back to that the miniute they launched the web edition
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

Sirish,

I on & off keep buying Auto Car & that is it. Why it gets my money (& I believe it is the most purchased automag in India & Team BHP) is anybody's guess.

Please work on two wheel section. No mag is worth buying if you wish to read about two wheels.

My best wishes for this new adventure & your INRC rounds
Old 28th May 2013, 11:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Interesting.
Thanks for the info, I'll buy a few copies to check it out. Will add to the yearly subscription if it works out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sirish Chandran (ex-Overdrive editor) has set up a publishing company in Pune called Golden Sparrow Media Works. He's going to launch Evo India in the coming months. Much like Evo in the UK, Evo India will focus on driving / enthusiasts.....from affordable hatchbacks to 300 kph Supercars, from single-cylinder sports motorcycles to Superbikes.

Could you tell us approximately when is it expected to go into publishing? Coming months as in less than 6?

Last edited by Maky : 28th May 2013 at 12:10.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:48   #7
BHPian

Kudos to Sirish, A great initiative indeed !!
He's one of the few Indian automotive journalists whom I like. He's a true enthusiast like the rest of us.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:55   #8
BHPian

I thought print magazines on cars is taking a nosedive, with the kind of information cloudburst seen on internet.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:03   #9
BHPian

I have been a regular follower of their YouTube channel(EVO TV) and I must say they've got some fabulous videos there.

Check it out.
http://http://m.youtube.com/user/EVOTV
Old 28th May 2013, 14:13   #10
BHPian

One of my most favourite magazines, at least till Chris Harris was a part of them. The latest Aventador vs F12 vs Vanquish is an awesome video comparo on their You Tube channel. Honestly, apart from Autocar India i personally don't find any publication standing a candle against their International parent. Huge differences in approach and its passed away as being called India centric.

I hope Sirish keeps the gene of the EVO magazine unchanged.
Old 28th May 2013, 14:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Do check his tweet and FB post:

Sirish Chandran ‏@sirishchandran
evo magazine is coming to India and we're looking for petrol heads. Details on http://t.co/4OHIKBJrOF
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 15:16   #12
BHPian

All I can say is its a great job by Sirish!..and I must say that I am really missing him on Overdrive.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:32   #13
BHPian

Have always been a fan of Sirish and his work. One can easily see his passion for automobiles through the words. Good to have him back!

I quite like the road-tests and usual stuff they show on Evo UK, especially the visual elements in their road-tests is something I am a fan of. So more than anything I am happy to see Evo arrive officially in our country. I was/am not a huge follower of Chris Harris (knowing the fact that he can drive and review cars much better than some of the seasoned experts), so yes, 'twas okay for me when he left.

Tiff too contributes for Evo, however, it is limited to you-tube channel I think. I don't think I have read any of his stories on Evo so far?

Have to be seen if Sirish manages to focus on two-wheels section with as much finesse. Because Evo, just like Top Gear, is largely a car-centric mag.
Old 28th May 2013, 19:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
While any new car magazine getting launched in the market is a good news for we enthusiats;
After OD he joined Porsche India as Corporate communications head. Then he started contributing to Autocar India and started participating in Rallys/Motorsport events.

Good to see International Auto Media coming to India. Evo UK is a unique magazine Indeed. Sirish is one of the few journalists who has the real passion. All the very best to him..
Old 31st May 2013, 00:29   #15
BHPian

Valiant attempt by Sirish I must say to start a new magazine in this day and age. Print is a sunset industry with on-line taking over very quickly. The success of Team-BHP is proof of where the future lies. I have heard from a very reliable source that BS Motoring was sold for around Rs 50 lakh! A mere pittance I would say.

Auotcar India seems to have the car magazine market completely locked up and is increasing the gap with the others.

Sirish does have the passion but lacks the maturity of an editor. I don't think he is cut out for the job and should stick to rallying and contributing the occasional article for ACI.

I suspect he will poach some good people from OD which is getting worse with every issue, to start up EVO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks