Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 16:14   #1516
@KP
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post

But coming to the Push to Start button, I think I am quite sure I saw it. In fact even the SA when he was introducing the car in his broken English told me that this car is fully loaded and even has a Push to Start button and is at par with City, gesturing the pressing of button with his thumb. Then I glanced over the driver's side and had a look at the dash and saw what indeed looked to me as the push to start button. Just hope if somebody else can also confirm this.
Well, there was NO button available atleast in V (AT) version of the car I saw yesterday. I sat in the car, turned the ignition key on, put the car in reverse gear to check the reverse camera, turned off the car, got out - and yes, I used the key only.

Having said that, there was a provision (read as "slot") for push button for start/stop between the AVN console and steering columnn - will Honda offer it as an after-market option?
Old 30th June 2015, 16:47   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
The V (AT) version has everything except - magic seats, black-grey themed interior, height-adjustable seat belts.
What about adjustable head restraints at the back? Are they available in the V (AT)
Old 30th June 2015, 17:22   #1518
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
What about adjustable head restraints at the back? Are they available in the V (AT)
Nope. they are also not available. I think they are linked with magic seats?
Old 30th June 2015, 17:36   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
But coming to the Push to Start button, I think I am quite sure I saw it. In fact even the SA when he was introducing the car in his broken English told me that this car is fully loaded and even has a Push to Start button and is at par with City, gesturing the pressing of button with his thumb. Then I glanced over the driver's side and had a look at the dash and saw what indeed looked to me as the push to start button. Just hope if somebody else can also confirm this.
Thats a HUGE SCOOP, if it you saw it. Man, you should have got a pic It is really simple, if you saw the Red button on the left of steering wheel and near / on the right of the ACC unit - Push-button start is present. Else, it is not. And I guess you saw it in the spot I have mentioned. Check the below pic for the exact spot (the red square box) I am talking about.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_dashboard.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Having said that, there was a provision (read as "slot") for push button for start/stop between the AVN console and steering columnn - will Honda offer it as an after-market option?
I seriously doubt that KP. It might be provided as an option in VX but I dont think it will come as an after-market option. It has too much of electronics and I do not think Honda will offer such complex mechanisms as after-market. Installation by less skilled workers will mean HUGE problems - also the car will end up with a Key slot and also a push button start.
Old 30th June 2015, 18:58   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
It is really simple, if you saw the Red button on the left of steering wheel and near / on the right of the ACC unit - Push-button start is present. Else, it is not. And I guess you saw it in the spot I have mentioned.
Oh man, I am so nervous now . Let's wait for somebody else to comfirm. I think I saw it and remember that SA mentioned it. I hope it was not just confirmation bias on my end.
Old 30th June 2015, 19:23   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man, I am so nervous now . Let's wait for somebody else to comfirm. I think I saw it and remember that SA mentioned it. I hope it was not just confirmation bias on my end.
No worries mate. Let us leave it at this Don't break your head on this - it is not worth it.

Coming back to the Jazz you saw. Did you try to see the fit and finish in the exterior? Hope the paint quality and fit and finish were up to the mark. Were you able to see the brand of tires in the Jazz? How did it look in flesh?

I will try to go to Whitefield Honda this weekend and try to get a glimpse. If I manage to check it out, I will confirm if it had the push-button or not.
Old 30th June 2015, 19:48   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to the Jazz you saw. Did you try to see the fit and finish in the exterior? Hope the paint quality and fit and finish were up to the mark. Were you able to see the brand of tires in the Jazz? How did it look in flesh?
Well to be honest, the car was not in best of shapes. It was totally covered in dust so can't comment about the paint quality. But on closer inspection I found it's overall finish to be slightly better than my Honda City especially the panel gaps etc. The best looking part is I think it's tail section with the smartly designed tail-lamp cluster. It looks quite tall as compared to the i20 which I think should make it quite roomy.

Even I am going to Whitefield Honda this weekend to get some pending work done on my car and I promise you that this time my information won't be as shoddy I guess it was probably because I had not gone there with the intention of having a glimpse at THE JAZZ.
Old 30th June 2015, 21:40   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Hope the paint quality and fit and finish were up to the mark. Were you able to see the brand of tires in the Jazz?
The question is not addressed to me , but if I may, the paint quality and fit and finish were all very good. One of the better ones I would say. The cars which I saw were all wearing MRF 175 section tires.
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 03:09   #1524
BHPian

Can some one confirm if tehe new jazz is having a sunroof option or not? I tried asking the local honda guys but they have no clue at all!
Old 1st July 2015, 08:17   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Can some one confirm if tehe new jazz is having a sunroof option or not? I tried asking the local honda guys but they have no clue at all!
No sunroof option on the Honda Jazz sir.

Cheers
Old 1st July 2015, 08:57   #1526
BHPian

Hi all,

is it confirm that honda jazz is coming with the push button and keyless entry ?? read few post above and it seems its coming out but when i check the official website there is nothing mentioned about push button :(
Waiting for 8th july as that day would decide the fate for me to choose Jazz or the new I20 with AVN Feature :P
Old 1st July 2015, 10:22   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know of indicative waiting periods for the Petrol automatic in Bangalore?

Quote:
Hey I was at Whitefield Honda yesterday and got a chance to have a look at the new Jazz VX.
Thanks for sharing, I'll reach out to them this weekend again and see if I can take a look. Come to think of it, 8th of July isnt that far off either.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st July 2015 at 10:38. Reason: Post edited. Review = W.I.P.
Old 1st July 2015, 16:33   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

OnCars reports that 2,336 units of the Honda Jazz have been sent to the dealers all over India for June 2015, in lieu of the bookings in hand.

Quote:
The company believes that the new Jazz will do better than the previous model, which was discontinued in 2013. The company has already received over 2,336 bookings for the car in June, 2015.

Speaking on the company’s performance Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President – Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, “We would like to thank our customers for the continuous support to all our models and are confident that we will continue to do well in respective segments. Currently, we are excited about the launch of the new Honda Jazz which we believe will help us make further inroads in the Indian market.”
OnCars
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:01   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
OnCars reports that 2,336 units of the Honda Jazz have been sent to the dealers all over India for June 2015, in lieu of the bookings in hand.

OnCars
Hope this perceived enthusiasm in bookings doesn't lead to Honda jacking up the Jazz's price . Sane pricing is absolutely key for this to make an impact. Even a slight pricing mess up will jeopardize Jazz's fortunes.

At the end of the day, Honda needs to be cognizant of the fact that the Jazz is no Honda City and doesn't attract as much appeal for which people would want to pay a lot extra over the elite i20.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 1st July 2015 at 17:04.
Old 1st July 2015, 17:53   #1530
BHPian

I would really like honda to launch the JAZZ CVT in the VX trim. I want the CVT JAZZ with the magic rear seats, bigger screen and the spoiler. Now that honda decided to not launch the vx CVT, I have to spend a lot extra to get the magic seats and the spoiler. Bad move honda. Bad move.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks