Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:11   #1531

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Honda jazz i believe will do really good as the car has really good space / Good Features provided / IVTEC Engine Performance / Automatic.

In terms of pricing i guess it would be cheaper by 10k for sure and their CVT models are really going to be sold like Hot Cakes.

Only thing which i feel is missing is the Keyless entry / Bigger Alloys / Push Button rest everything is just really good. I hope they not compromised on the interior build quality.

If these 3 things were provided then Elite i20 would have had really tough time.

July i feel its going to be Hyundai taking out some monsoon discount :P as they have tough competition by their side as the pricing would be on lower side :-)

lets wait n watch how the july month goes. 8th july would decide the fate for which car should i go JAZZ or elite
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:46   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Really glad to see healthy seats in the Jazz from the pics in official website unlike what's available on Amaze. Jazz Interiors

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-ext2.jpg

Hope Honda doesn't drop quality on the Jazz. If its a bit pricey, so be it. Nothing like seeing worthy cars on road.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:17   #1533

Whoaa the pictures looks really awesome. I Hope it looks the same what it looks in the pics. But in the reviews people have mentioned that interior quality not as good as Elite i20 so lets see how it is. It will be better than the Punto / Swift.

I hope this car doesn't disappoint me , i have got the invitation from Linkway honda to be present for the launch :-).
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:27   #1534
BHPian

Every company/car has its own merits and demerits. And Iam sure, no car in the world ever satisfied all of its customers. So, in a way, In some elements, Jazz might be mighty ahead of i20 and vice versa. However, 8th July is not sofar away. Myself also enthusiastically waiting for the official launching and more enthusiastic about T-BHP review.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:01   #1535
SKB
BHPian

Hi Guys,I am super excited as this is my first post.I am planning to book my Honda jazz tomorrow.I am in a dilemma deciding a dealership to go with.I am currently residing in Secunderbad and there are four dealerships in my City.I live very close to Sundaram Honda but don't want to choose if it has a bad reputation.
BTW here are four dealerships in both Sec and Hyd
Pride Honda
Green Honda
Metro Honda
Sundaram Honda
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:02   #1536
BHPian

Visited Honda showroom yesterday. Jazz will be on display from 9th July while test drives will begin that weekend from 11th July.

SA took me through the features which is same as what we all discussed so far and is seen on their microsite. He confirmed that none of the variants will come with Push Start/Stop button.

Pricing sheet will be available only on 8th evening however the SA told me that it will be on part with Amaze.

Talking about Amaze, it is because of Amaze that Honda has not put up Jazz on display at its showroom or in malls. There are quite a few dealers who have Amaze in their stock and Honda is giving them time to clear their stock.

This is also the reason why Honda is currently running a campaign for Amaze. Once Jazz gets launched they are expecting a further dip in Amaze sales given that the pricing will be similar and Jazz looks more premium.

With launch of Figo Aspire next month, Honda will be more worried about unsold inventory.

Last edited by damager21 : 2nd July 2015 at 11:07.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:44   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Visited Honda showroom yesterday. Jazz will be on display from 9th July while test drives will begin that weekend from 11th July.
If I am not wrong, most dealerships would have got the display and test drive cars by now. Why not display the car and offer test drives from Day 1? Why wait for the next day to display and weekend to offer TDs?? Am I missing something here??

Quote:
Pricing sheet will be available only on 8th evening however the SA told me that it will be on part with Amaze.
On par with Amaze means it will be ~10k lesser than i20?? If true, that is a very welcome move A noob doubt - Is it possible that the SA already knows the pricing but is not revealing entirely or will they too know only on July 8th?

Quote:
Talking about Amaze, it is because of Amaze that Honda has not put up Jazz on display at its showroom or in malls. There are quite a few dealers who have Amaze in their stock and Honda is giving them time to clear their stock.

This is also the reason why Honda is currently running a campaign for Amaze. Once Jazz gets launched they are expecting a further dip in Amaze sales given that the pricing will be similar and Jazz looks more premium.

With launch of Figo Aspire next month, Honda will be more worried about unsold inventory.
I think i20 was the car that killed Amaze. Similar pricing, similar space, similar engines - but i20 beats the hell out of Amaze when it comes to the premium feel and features inside and outside compared to the utilitarian feel in Amaze. In spite of having a boot and extra boot space, i20 will be much more VFM for any buyer. Since i20 surged ahead, Amaze dispatches have been going down and now it has reached a point of extra stock at dealership. What a pity considering that Amaze still had a decent waiting a year ago.

Like you have mentioned, Jazz if priced on par with Amaze will hurt Amaze further. Not sure how Honda is going to tackle this. This will definitely not improve for Amaze until they give it a GOOD face-lift without increasing the price by much - time to cut some margins. This is especially with a super-loaded Aspire coming pretty soon.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:45   #1538
BHPian

I just received a call from the sales executive from Honda, he has said the car is on display and has asked me to come over and look at it.
So here I go now. Will click pictures, lots of them.!
Old 2nd July 2015, 17:06   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I just received a call from the sales executive from Honda, he has said the car is on display and has asked me to come over and look at it.
So here I go now. Will click pictures, lots of them.!
Hey, Even I want to check the car out. Can you tell me which dealership in gurgaon has it?
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:35   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hey, Even I want to check the car out. Can you tell me which dealership in gurgaon has it?
I went to the dealership, but the car was not in the showroom but it was in basement, much to my disappointment.
The MD had the keys which were not provided and the car was only shown from outside which was a real bummer because I went in excitement.
The MD had instructed them to show the car to the prospective customers but was not giving the keys.

But if you still have to see the car in person , its Infinity Honda, Sohna Road.
They are one of the first dealerships offering a view of the car. And yes they have been allotted 26 cars out of which 21 have been booked. He said that if they book the rest by 7 of July, they will be allotted 50 cars in the next lot.

Also heard that Civic will be launched by December.
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:18   #1541
BHPian

Honda has launched Fit (Jazz) with 130hp in the U.S.A. Power comes from a 1.5-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder direct-injected engine which develops 130 hp and 154 Nm of torque. Base models (LX & EX) have an option for a 6-speed manual transmission or a CVT gearbox while for the top variant (EX-L), CVT gearbox is the only option.

Safety features in higher variant includes side and curtain airbags with roll over sensor, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), traction control, Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), and Honda’s Lane Watch system.

EX-L which is the top variant comes with HondaLink 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, smart entry, push button start, heated front seats, a moonroof, automatic headlights and alloy wheels.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-us.png

Following is snapshot of interesting features like Lane watch system, heated front seats, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-us-2.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 2nd July 2015 at 20:47.
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:36   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
If I am not wrong, most dealerships would have got the display and test drive cars by now. Why not display the car and offer test drives from Day 1? Why wait for the next day to display and weekend to offer TDs?? Am I missing something here??
That clearly points to a mindset where Honda wants the customer to stay within the H stable. CS Sedan(Amaze) or premium hatch(Jazz)? Take your pick

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd July 2015 at 09:12. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:06   #1543
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
I would really like honda to launch the JAZZ CVT in the VX trim. I want the CVT JAZZ with the magic rear seats, bigger screen and the spoiler. Now that honda decided to not launch the vx CVT, I have to spend a lot extra to get the magic seats and the spoiler. Bad move honda. Bad move.
Is it possible to fit magic seats as an after market addition ?
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:09   #1544
Senior - BHPian

The pricing strategy of putting the Jazz alongside the Amaze is baffling.
While it will ensure great numbers for the Jazz, it kind of puts nail in the coffin of the Amaze (which anyways is struggling already).

I can't think of anyone buying the Amaze after seeing the Jazz alongside and that too at the same price. Apart from better looks, better build, better interiors and better features, the Jazz diesel comes with 6 gears and better FE. (I still think Honda can't price Jazz same as Amaze for the above reasons but let's see ) Hyundai priced the Elite I20 slightly higher than Xcent and still the Xcent is struggling to sell in decent numbers. Also, the Xcent at least has a bigger boot to boast of. Amaze doesn't have that advantage as well (Jazz is going to have nearly the same boot space but more flexibility).

Now, I wonder, what Honda plans to do with the Brio platform - the Brio is dead, the Amaze is surely going to the death bed after launch of Jazz, Mobilio is already dead... so all the investment in the low cost platform seems to have gone totally waste.

First Toyota failed miserably with the Etios, now Honda with the Brio. I think this is a big lesson for the GLOBAL auto manufacturers. Indians want value-for-money cars not cheap pathetic ones.

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd July 2015 at 10:10.
adimicra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:52   #1545
Senior - BHPian

I still think Brio is a very good AT hatch. Having driven it around a couple of times in the past two weeks, it certainly makes sense as a second car for most families.

Comfortable to park, decent space, good AT with OK mileage and good safety features as well.

Maybe they can reduce the price a lil bit to make it appealing. Right now, it crosses 7L in Chennai. Maybe a 50K price reduction wouldn't hurt.

Jazz pricing is tricky. Price it on par with Amaze, then Amaze gets buried. If it is on par with Elite i20, Jazz will find it difficult.

Right now difference in top end between Amaze and i20 is 45K. This is the margin Honda is allowed to play with for Jazz Whether it will be enough or whether Honda will slot it in that gap, only time will tell.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 3rd July 2015 at 10:57.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed