Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 11:38   #1591
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
What IS the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid anyway?
If I am not wrong, Taffeta White is a normal shade and White Orchid is a Pearl finish shade. The Pearl finish shades will obviously be charged more. But the finish will be more premium and will most probably look better than the Taffeta White.

As to why offer two White shades, I am sure White and Silver are the colors with the most demand and highest resale values in market. Now, Orchid White is for someone who wants white but also want a premium glossy finish rather than the taxi-like normal white. I haven't seen the Orchid White and cannot comment on the finish, but the finish in our Pearl White Dzire is better than normal whites seen in other cars. All I have mentioned is based on that observation.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:50   #1592
Senior - BHPian

So the cat/car is out of the bag tomorrow? It is interesting to note that they are now showcasing the CVT more and MT in petrol is more of a side note. In yesteryears, it was the reverse. AT/CVT also available would have been the standard line.

Also confirmation of a torque converter present together with the CVT.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:14   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
What IS the difference between Tafeta White and White Orchid anyway?

Here's a photo (although not very good) which highlights(pun intended) the difference in the two shades. The one on the right is Tafeta White.

I agree , Honda has got the color palette all wrong for Jazz. We need more vibrant shades instead of the pain dull ones.I have booked the one in T White simply due to lack of good color choices.

In US they are offering some great shades:
http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/pho....aspx#exterior
Old 7th July 2015, 12:30   #1594
Senior - BHPian

I think Honda's recent silver colour is a good shade and pattern which looks good in almost all models.

We have a Mobilio parked in our apartment complex which looks fine but it has a white colour. Just last month, while with my wife, I was following a silver Honda. I could only admire the rear of the car. As we passed it some time later, we realised it is a Mobilio. Really looked good in silver.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:37   #1595
BHPian

Very true that Honda has been very lazy with the color choices by simply borrowing the palette from City. They have just added the Sunset Orange color as the halo color. I was literally drooling over the greenish color Singapore Jazz that was teased by Honda - even though it turned out to be the normal Yellow in the actual film. But the Jazz in their photo (most probably heavily edited) looked awesome in the greenish shade. Attaching picture here.

Name:  Jazz_Green.png
Views: 11874
Size:  626.3 KB

I will not really miss Blue color, but Yes, Honda should have given color options like Blue, Red, etc. Come on, this is supposed to be a youthful hatchback and not a matured Sedan.

Last edited by Vigkey : 7th July 2015 at 12:39.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:51   #1596
BHPian

I did read somewhere, the Jazz is an urban commuter targeted at audience aged between 20 and 40 years. Now, the colour choices simply don't match that.
Apart from blue, most would miss the Rally red too. Orange though sweet, may not have many takers.
Personally, I was hoping for a grey/steel shade and a safe compromise is the Taffeta White.

Quote:
What IS the difference between Tafeta White and White Orchid anyway?
Taffeta white - Plain no fuss, non metallic bright white. ( the favourite among Indian Civic owners )
Orchid white - Think it is called white orchid pearl.A more natural pale white, with a pearl like sparkle and colour.
Old 7th July 2015, 13:32   #1597

The three shades that Jazz looks the most beautiful in, in my opinion are Crystal Black, Aegean Blue and Modern Steel Metallic and ALL these three shades are not available in India!

And whatever happened to the Jazz in the Sky Blue shade? I think the very first images that I saw of the Jazz were in that shade and the car looked rather nice
Old 7th July 2015, 13:52   #1598
BHPian

Test drive cars spotted by The Automotive India at a dealership. Petrol is a V variant while Diesel is a VX variant.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-1.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-3.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-4.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-5.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-6.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-7.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-9.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-10.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-12.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-13.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-14.jpg

Source: TAI

Last edited by damager21 : 7th July 2015 at 13:53.
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:21   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Thank you so much for all the hard work, Rehaan. Much appreciated!

Fortunately I am on a business trip right now and I had a chance to give my nearest, friendly Honda dealership a visit. I was taken to the special hidden section of the dealership where they have stashed the Jazzes for the big launch tomorrow.

Some thoughts:

- Got to see all variants of the Jazz, but all of them were petrols. Not a single diesel in them.

- The Sunset Orange shade looks absolutely gorgeous! But it's a plain shade, not metallic. I confirmed from close quarters.

- The plastic wedge finish on the top part of the bonnet (where it finishes in front of the front windshield) looks bad and as a measure of cost-cutting.

- The alloys are uncannily similar to the Swift's set.

- Confirmed news: the VX does NOT have the push-button start. I opened a Jazz VX and personally confirmed this.

- Even the VX model gets a plain key as spare. Original key has only 2 buttons, for lock & unlock, similar to the City's V variant key.

- I liked the black strip over the rear number plate in the base variant much more than the chrome strip of the higher variants in the same place.

- Seats look firm and similar to the City's.

- Excellent boot space. It will swallow all your luggage, and then some more.

- Speedo console looks neat, and would be gorgeous when seen at night.

About pictures, I was repeatedly pleaded by my source not to take any, despite having both my cellphones with me. Only when I assured that I won't, I was led in. According to them, pictures of the Jazz from another dealership's stockyard which were leaked earlier, has cost the job of no less than 4 Honda personnel!

I don't have my laptop with me, so sent a set of pics which I was allowed to click, to Team-BHP.

Anyway, I have been invited to the official launch tomorrow at 12 PM. Hope to return with plenty of launch pictures, specially of all the variants.

Ciao!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th July 2015 at 17:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 20:13   #1600
BHPian

So there is push-start button. Sorry guys it was most probably a case of confirmation bias on my part. Since the SA was telling me about this so I thought I saw the button. Feeling silly :-(
Old 7th July 2015, 20:32   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- Got to see all variants of the Jazz, but all of them were petrols. Not a single diesel in them.
I thought the diesel variants were in demand followed by CVT petrol and then the manual petrol. Did the dealership have the diesel Jazzs in some other location or were they allocated only petrols? Any idea of the CVT : Manual ratio?

Quote:
- The plastic wedge finish on the top part of the bonnet (where it finishes in front of the front windshield) looks bad and as a measure of cost-cutting.
Do you mean the plastic panel that houses the wipers and the windshield fluid jets? Was the quality of plastic bad or was it having rough edges? Bad place to do cost-cutting. I hope there is not much cost-cutting in the hidden areas though

Quote:
- Confirmed news: the VX does NOT have the push-button start. I opened a Jazz VX and personally confirmed this.
Was pretty much expected, wasn't it. Especially with the media cars not having them and also the Jazz micro-site not mentioning this feature. I guess those of us expecting a surprise were being too optimistic.

Quote:
- Even the VX model gets a plain key as spare. Original key has only 2 buttons, for lock & unlock, similar to the City's V variant key.
Again, a fact confirmed by the media reviews. But why is Honda skimping on such basic things. What would they lose if they gave the spare key also with the buttons. On the same note, what is the boot opening mechanism in Jazz? To be frank, the boot in all hatchbacks I have used had to be opened manually using the key. Does Jazz get a lever or button in the driver cock-pit or does this also need the key to open?

Quote:
- I liked the black strip over the rear number plate in the base variant much more than the chrome strip of the higher variants in the same place.
How I wish the top end got the glossy black panel instead of the chrome strip - similar to the Jazz X in previous generation. In fact, that would have made the design language consistent in the front and rear. Now, glossy black grille and chrome strip on the rear. I do not know why car makers in India are so obsessed with chrome.

Quote:
Anyway, I have been invited to the official launch tomorrow at 12 PM. Hope to return with plenty of launch pictures, specially of all the variants.
Cool RavenAvi. Thanks for all the information!!! Waiting for the launch tomorrow. Hope you send in a lot of pictures to guys like me who will be stuck with office work and will not be able to attend / view the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
So there is push-start button. Sorry guys it was most probably a case of confirmation bias on my part. Since the SA was telling me about this so I thought I saw the button. Feeling silly
No worries mate, can happen to anyone of us. In fact even now, you have written wrongly in your post (underlined the portion - Looks like you missed a NO). Hope you can edit and correct it right now. Who knows, maybe you saw the Push-button start in a City parked near the Jazz and thought you saw it in the Jazz. No need to feel bad buddy

Last edited by Vigkey : 7th July 2015 at 20:39.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 20:37   #1602
BHPian

No worries. You said it yourself - confirmation bias - can affect everyone. And even though there is no button, there is a round slot for it. That might have played a trick with the eyes when glancing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Sorry guys it was most probably a case of confirmation bias on my part. Since the SA was telling me about this so I thought I saw the button. Feeling silly :-(
Old 8th July 2015, 11:44   #1603
BHPian

The live webcast of the Jazz launch should start in about 15 minutes can can be seen on the link below.

https://hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/webcast.html
Old 8th July 2015, 11:54   #1604
BHPian

Innovative teasers by Honda for Honda Jazz, associating the number of minutes for launch with some facts regarding Jazz.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_75_min.png

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_19_min.png

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_15_min.png

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_4_min.png

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_1_min.png

EDIT: Looks like event has begun. I can hear someone speaking and he has informed that the launch event will begin in 5 minutes.

Some innovative stuff happening at the event also. Everyone was asked to register using their finger prints to uniqueness of each individual and how Jazz will be an unique car for each matching the individual personalities.

The Presentation has now BEGUN!!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2015 at 12:16.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 12:13   #1605
BHPian

I hope the revelations also sound like music to our ears... read a VX variant in CVT.

If they do that, I'm certain that the cash registers will ring louder

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2015 at 12:17. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks