Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:06   #151
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is a big pricing gap between the city and amaze. And my feeling is that the car will be priced in this slot. However, I'd really like it if what you have mentioned is from a reliable source.
In my opinion the positioning could be
Brio>Amaze>Jazz>Brio MPV>Urban SUV>Honda City
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:28   #152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Honda Urban SUV is going to be be a lot bigger then a Ford Ecosport and is proably even bigger then the Duster ,So its highly unlikely to be priced below the city.

The Jazz most likely will start at a price that of a VMT Brio.The Jazz has a bigger wheel base then Amaze and there is a a lot more space in the inside for passengers and it also has boot space advantage over the Amaze and not to mention the superior plastics and interiors in the Jazz which is Honda Civic inspired .

So there is no way its going to be priced on par with Amaze,which is solely made for developing countries.

The Jazz on the other hand is a global product which goes on sale in the North American and European market.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can you please mention the source of this information? Or is it just an opinion you have expressed?

There is a big pricing gap between the city and amaze. And my feeling is that the car will be priced in this slot. However, I'd really like it if what you have mentioned is from a reliable source.
This is my opinion but lets not forget that the last revamped version of Jazz was launched at a price point of INR 5.5 lacs. You cannot expect Honda to launch Jazz at a higher price point. Also, Ford EcoSport which is again a global product is launched at 5.6 lacs, Honda will price Jazz lower than it.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:01   #154
BHPian

The new Jazz certainly oozes style and class, and I'm mighty glad that Honda is willing to give the Jazz a second chance in India, after the first experiment did not yield the desired results.

The Rs 6-8 lakh car market has opened a great deal for those planning an upgrade from their B-segment hatch or even a first family car. And with auto companies hit by low sales, it is a wonderful time for customers given all the discounts and offers thrown in by the auto majors.

While some have suggested a comparison between the Jazz and Ecosport, I would be interested to note just how the Jazz would fare in comparison with another spacious set of wheels -- The Ertiga.

While the Jazz clearly has better fit and finish, the Ertiga is backed by a larger pan-India service network, possibility of cheaper spares and has more space on offer, especially if the third row seats are folded. And the option of have an extra row of seats for that occasional need is also a major plus point for a family.

However much I love the Jazz -- both in its first edition and in its new version -- I suspect that the Jazz may struggle in sales. As others have suggested, the Amaze would attract more buyers for its sedan-like style, while there could be some hesitancy for the hatch-based Jazz. For those who want more (or better use) of space, the similarly priced Ertiga could well appeal to a larger number of buyers, many of whom would be loyal to the Maruti brand.

Last edited by misquitas : 22nd July 2013 at 22:03.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:17   #155
BHPian

I strongly feel the Jazz will start off near about the prices that were retained in the last stages of its older gen. Little bit more, here and there but yes definitely on par with the City. There needs to be little room for the Urban SUV as well and they will price it alright. With more interior space and a 400+ litre boot I strongly see this being positioned as an alternative to the City and will most certainly sell along side it. That said, they need to market it very aggressively. The predecessor wasn't even visible on the horizon!
Old 23rd July 2013, 00:43   #156
BHPian

A diesel engine jazz with an autobox at <10L would be a dream come true for me, please honda do something out of the box at least once in this lifetime!
Old 24th July 2013, 10:23   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
A diesel engine jazz with an autobox at <10L would be a dream come true for me, please honda do something out of the box at least once in this lifetime!
A powerful diesel with a manual for < or = 10L would do for me as well. Lots of us wishing for a powerful Jazz. Honda can plan multiple variants of petrols and diesels and make the model a success in India (it seems to have all the ingredients Indians want; Space, looks, diesel engine, etc)..

Normally, won't manufacturers test their vehicles 4-6 months in advance of a launch? Or is that timeline shorter? I wish the Jazz launches in early 2014 (jan, Feb) but no test mules makes me believe they might not achieve this date :(
Old 24th July 2013, 11:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks really premium and sophisticated in this particular shade-

Attachment 1114583

Attachment 1114584

Very distinguishable, and will definitely turn heads. Will it come to India though?
That awesome looking and kitted Jazz is the Hybrid and I think I read somewhere that the hybrid won't be brought to India (if they do, it will be a bonus).

But I hope the same looks and kit get carried over to the top end petrol and diesel variants that will finally end up selling here, if and when they do..
Old 25th July 2013, 12:58   #159
BHPian

The ideal positioning for the new Jazz now could be:

Brio>Amaze>Jazz/City/Urban SUV. Reason being all the three cars being developed on the same platform and will most certainly sport the same chassis. Which is simply great news. Really hope they are developing an auto box for the 1.5 dtec.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:32   #160
BHPian

Hello All,
I cant stop looking at this all new Jazz, If Honda is going to bring this car to India with a 1.5 IDtec, then surely its my next car (Along with the 1.2 Ivtec i already own)
And for those who cant really stop looking at this car, here are more pictures!!
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/thi...-jazz.html?m=1

Regards
Ekz
Old 25th July 2013, 19:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
The ideal positioning for the new Jazz now could be:

Brio>Amaze>Jazz/City/Urban SUV. Reason being all the three cars being developed on the same platform and will most certainly sport the same chassis. Which is simply great news. Really hope they are developing an auto box for the 1.5 dtec.
The SUV is slated to be slotted in at the segment the Civic was. So I expect it to be in similar price bands
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:40   #162
BHPian

Watch Honda Jazz 2014 in action. Watch the video from 40 sec.

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:24   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

The catalog of the 2014 Honda Jazz Mugen performance version has been leaked on to the internet. Mugen does the performance cars for Honda.

The Jazz Mugen is available in two variants – RS (orange car) and S (white car). Both the variants come with accentuated and aggressively styled bumpers with front splitters, a full body kit, diffuser, centrally mounted exhaust tip, vents on the rear bumper, roof mounted spoiler and 17″ multispoke alloy wheels.

The powertrain details of the new Jazz Mugen is unknown but expect the RS version to be a bit more powerful than the S. Apart from the beefy power outputs, the Mugen versions will also feature a sporty suspension setup with stiffer dampers.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/2...it-mugen-90193

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd August 2013 at 12:25.
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:46   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Watch Honda Jazz 2014 in action. Watch the video from 40 sec.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=C_5dhkCEQ3Q#at=424
Thank you damager21 for that video, was quite an insight! It looks so Volvo-ish from the rear and shall look great in flesh. Superb! Dont know Japanese, but one important thing is, that this is a big hybrid launch for Honda, something really potent to take on the Prius and they are going in for the kill! Here are some screen grabs from the same. The 2nd car will be the City.
Attached Images

Old 2nd August 2013, 15:02   #165
Senior - BHPian

It way too much of the cab forward design. Looks like a mini van. Looking at the position of the steering wheel, not sure why they had the push the A pillars so much ahead. Need to wait to see in flesh.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks