Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 13:48   #1636
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Pricing seems to confirm that they dont intend to top the sales chart and just want to settle at 3000-4000 monthly mark. But will it touch those levels?
Old 8th July 2015, 13:53   #1637
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Here's a quick comparo of the diesel variant prices. i20 being the direct premium hatch competition, Honda City being the booted version and the Suzuki Ertiga being the competion for people aiming squarely at the practical side.
Your sheet doesn't offer the complete picture. While the diesel Jazz & Elite i20 are close, the petrols are absolutely on par (because the Jazz' diesel premium is unusually higher). Except for the topmost variants, the pricing is just about on par with the Elite. The difference is negligible.

It's clear that Honda is taking a shot straight at Hyundai.

You should've included the petrols as their market share is greater than diesels.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 13:55   #1638
BHPian

It seems some people never learn !!

Honda aiming for repeat of the fiasco with this pricing strategy?
I was so hoping for right pricing strategy and put my money on this one. Have to look for Aspire launch now.

Hyundai and Maruti would be smiling in their offices with this.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 13:59   #1639
BHPian

Little disappointing to see this pricing. Based on what we have heard till now, does not seem right to have some much premium over diesel i20, as the i20 is far more refined.

But still have some hopes to see how loaded are the variants compared to i20 and a complete T-Bhp Review.
Old 8th July 2015, 13:59   #1640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You should've included the petrols as their market share is greater than diesels.
Thats already done by member 'damager21' here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3748555 And yes, you have a point there.

Petrols dont go into my head anymore since my yearly usage is over 30k kms per year.
Old 8th July 2015, 14:01   #1641
BHPian

Weird pricing for the VX variant, why such a huge difference between the V and the VX, I always thought that the difference between the top two variants is negligible to get more customers to buy the top variant (since the top variant has the highest margins).

Apart from that I think the pricing for the other variants is expected and should lure a lot of people away from the petrol Elite I20 .

Waiting for the teambhp review now to decide whether to go for the I20 or the Jazz.
Old 8th July 2015, 14:02   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Has any car managed to make its competitors sell more cars after its price launch?

Looks like Jazz will achieve that feat again

The Diesel versions look to be overpriced by quite a bit. I don't see the reason as to why Jazz should be sold at a premium at all compared to the Elite i20, let alone 50K for the top end.

And as CrAzY dRiVeR has mentioned above, the top end diesel is too close to the Ertiga ZDi although it might cater to a different set of audience.

1L premium for CVT is disappointing especially when it is a 1.2 NA petrol and 1.3L for top end Diesel is; puzzling.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 14:03   #1643
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Honda Jazz Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Dumb strategy by Honda.
- More than a Lac rupees difference between Petrol & Diesel variant.
- Lac rupees difference between MT & AT that too CVT.
- No AT in top-end variant.
- No AT in Diesel.
- Upcoming competition - Creta, Suzuki Fronx/YRA, S-Cross, Aspire and Mahindra S101.
- Existing competition - Zest, Elite i20, Amaze, Polo GT TSi/TDi.

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Linking to review :)
superbhikari is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks