Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 12:36   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

If and when the new Jazz does come down to India, I hope they will not start stripping down the features and goodies they currently have, to price it competitively.

And I also hope they come with all the airbags shown in the pic on damager21's post.

Last edited by k_ajay : 18th September 2013 at 12:37.
Old 19th October 2013, 20:22   #212
BHPian

2014 Jazz/Fit makes a great first impression it seems.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ards-11436.htm
Old 19th October 2013, 22:36   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
2014 Jazz/Fit makes a great first impression it seems.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ards-11436.htm
Wow !!! yet hard to believe if a 7 speed transmission would be a reality in the new Jazz. My eyes definitely got wider followed by a smile when I was reading about the expected fuel economy. I hope & wish the above news still holds true after the actual launch . The concept of dual clutch is not new in India and we already have some cars which are using this technology. From what I understand the dual-clutch transmission is expected to offer the best possible combination of both the manual & auto transmission's.
Anyways like many others Iam also eagerly waiting for these two (Jazz & City) launches from Honda from a while and hope the excitement is not turned out to be a disappointment.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:03   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Wow !!! yet hard to believe if a 7 speed transmission would be a reality in the new Jazz. My eyes definitely got wider followed by a smile when I was reading about the expected fuel economy. I hope & wish the above news still holds true after the actual launch . The concept of dual clutch is not new in India and we already have some cars which are using this technology. From what I understand the dual-clutch transmission is expected to offer the best possible combination of both the manual & auto transmission's.
Anyways like many others Iam also eagerly waiting for these two (Jazz & City) launches from Honda from a while and hope the excitement is not turned out to be a disappointment.
That mileage which made you smile was of a hybrid engine, which at this point of time, we're unsure Honda might bring to India. But let's hope for that and/or the 7 speed twin clutch gear box.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:25   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That mileage which made you smile was of a hybrid engine, which at this point of time, we're unsure Honda might bring to India. But let's hope for that and/or the 7 speed twin clutch gear box.
AFAIK the DCT is only available with the hybrid engine. The non-hybrid engines get redesigned CVT automatic transmissions.
Old 21st October 2013, 19:02   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
AFAIK the DCT is only available with the hybrid engine. The non-hybrid engines get redesigned CVT automatic transmissions.
Yes, true. But I didn't want to totally squash member pdma's hopes. So I just left the 'hope' open ended.
Old 21st October 2013, 21:38   #217
BHPian

I am soo happy that a New Honda Jazz is on it's way. Excellent vehicle with such intelligent seating and storage solutions that the space always felt adequate. I was a proud owner until I had a disastrous crash in this extremely solid car. The car's condition was pretty bad, I got insurance money, but it took the crash really well. The car turtled at about 110 Kmh (Speed limit was 100). I had to take a U turn in about a kilometre so I stuck to the left lane. A slow moving tractor came ahead of us and we planned to overtake it by using the extra large shoulder. But India is India, on a high speed highway, lay a 3 feet high pile of sand. This threw the car's left wheel up, then it hit a pole on the left on the roof which got crumpled, the engine came off, all windows were broken. All tires blown and bent, Airbags out. By looking at the car, nobody could say that all 4 passengers came out relatively unharmed. I got a few stitches on my head. My brother got a deep cut on his hand. The Jazz is definitely a very high quality vehicle which despite being expensive, could give big competition to big sedans. I after the crash again wanted a Jazz but the waiting period was more than 6 months because of a storm in Thailand. So I went with a Polo. I would definitely buy a Jazz as soon as it gets launched.
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 11:25   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
I am soo happy that a New Honda Jazz is on it's way. Excellent vehicle with such intelligent seating and storage solutions that the space always felt adequate. I was a proud owner until I had a disastrous crash in this extremely solid car. The car's condition was pretty bad, I got insurance money, but it took the crash really well. The car turtled at about 110 Kmh (Speed limit was 100). I had to take a U turn in about a kilometre so I stuck to the left lane. A slow moving tractor came ahead of us and we planned to overtake it by using the extra large shoulder. But India is India, on a high speed highway, lay a 3 feet high pile of sand. This threw the car's left wheel up, then it hit a pole on the left on the roof which got crumpled, the engine came off, all windows were broken. All tires blown and bent, Airbags out. By looking at the car, nobody could say that all 4 passengers came out relatively unharmed. I got a few stitches on my head. My brother got a deep cut on his hand. The Jazz is definitely a very high quality vehicle which despite being expensive, could give big competition to big sedans. I after the crash again wanted a Jazz but the waiting period was more than 6 months because of a storm in Thailand. So I went with a Polo. I would definitely buy a Jazz as soon as it gets launched.
WOW.. Very few cars in India can take such a hit & still keep its occupants safe.
Lets hope that Honda does not compromise on any of its build quality & safety features to price the new Jazz competitively.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 20:05   #219
BHPian

Quote:
That's one unfortunate event. Glad to hear that the car was the only one with a sad ending. I also have the jazz and I always feel safe when sitting in it. Knowing it handled such an accident only just makes me more proud, although I wouldn't be looking forwards for such a mishap to ever happen. But I suppose you shouldn't have attempted left hand overtaking.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:54   #220
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Prakhar, your experience gives me a great feeling of safety. But you were lucky to have no other vehicles involved.

I know its bad to ask, but can you post a pic or two of the car. I tried Jazz crashes in India, haven't seen many. I sincerely apologize if this offends you.
Old 1st November 2013, 00:48   #221
BHPian

Quote:
I would definitely buy a Jazz as soon as it gets launched.

That was a close one but good thing you guys are okay. Stay safe.

j/w, did you have any difficulty in getting parts for the Jazz ? Were the parts readily available with the dealer or were they ordered ?
Old 1st November 2013, 01:11   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
That was a close one but good thing you guys are okay. Stay safe.
Thank you!

j/w, did you have any difficulty in getting parts for the Jazz ? Were the parts readily available with the dealer or were they ordered ?
We never got any parts replaced in our car. It was just one year old. After the crash, we got the insurance claim of somewhere in the ballpark of 5 lakh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Wow, Prakhar, your experience gives me a great feeling of safety. But you were lucky to have no other vehicles involved.
Yes indeed, Jazz is a very superior vehicle with excellent ergonomics. There was a WagonR behind us, but luckily the driver stopped in time.

I know its bad to ask, but can you post a pic or two of the car. I tried Jazz crashes in India, haven't seen many. I sincerely apologize if this offends you.
I will definitely try to upload the pictures. They are really devastating though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
That's one unfortunate event. Glad to hear that the car was the only one with a sad ending. I also have the jazz and I always feel safe when sitting in it. Knowing it handled such an accident only just makes me more proud, although I wouldn't be looking forwards for such a mishap to ever happen. But I suppose you shouldn't have attempted left hand overtaking.
You're absolutely right. But in my case, this highway has an unusually large shoulder and also a cemented part at it's side, however in this case, some illogical personality had dumped a big pile of sand on the shoulder which wasn't visible at night. BTW, it wasn't removed even after the crash, it lay there and got washed away after a few rains. God bless INDIA!
Old 6th November 2013, 13:51   #223
BHPian

Any body has any idea about the Ground clearnace figures for the new Jazz and the City ?
Old 13th November 2013, 14:47   #224
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the new Honda Fit/Jazz is a big hit in Japan.... refer to the news below

Honda Motor Co.

Fit compact outsold Toyota Motor Corp.’s Prius and Aqua hybrids in Japan last month to become the nation’s best-selling model for the first time in more than two years.

Deliveries of the Fit more than doubled from a year earlier to 23,281 units last month, according to data released today by the Japan Automobile Dealers Association. That compared with 20,886 for the Prius and 19,984 for the Aqua, the figures show.

Honda recaptured the top monthly sales spot after introducing a new version of its Fit compact in September, which the Tokyo-based automaker said gives better mileage and costs less than the Toyota Aqua, a smaller take on the Prius that’s known as the Prius c in the U.S. In the first four weeks, sales and advance orders for the Fit reached four times the automaker’s forecast.

Source: http://www.autospies.com/news/Honda-...Vehicle-78837/
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 11:57   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Evolution of the older JAZZ but more space, cheaper and will get diesel is what Hormazd tweets after driving the NEW JAZZ.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th November 2013 at 12:11.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks