Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 08:31   #271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The latest Autocar has speculative news about the Jazz revamped and hitting India in 2014. I wonder now, how much this new Jazz/FIT will cost.
I understand there will be two engine options, one petrol, which will be shared with the Amaze and one Diesel which will be shared with the City.

This is a great hatchback car and should sell nicely if the pricing is smart.
Old 28th December 2013, 08:35   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is a great hatchback car and should sell nicely if the pricing is smart.
The early indication was that it might be around the same mark as the Amaze models, with both petrol and diesel options.
Old 28th December 2013, 14:58   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The early indication was that it might be around the same mark as the Amaze models, with both petrol and diesel options.
I do hope they have at least one version of the Jazz/ FIT which is the same as the international spec ones.
I am keenly looking for a vehicle like the Jazz/ FIT with a well designed luggage bay and plenty of comfort, driveability, safety kit, ease of parking, petrol power, super FE etc, for my folks. We must have a minimum of two airbags and ABS-EBD etc. However, I guess asking for ESP and all Four Disc Brakes in this class of vehicle is too much.
I think the Jazz/ FIT is well worth thinking about for this.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 18:21   #274
BHPian

I hope Honda launches Jazz before Mobilio. Speculation is that Honda's Rajasthan plant will be operational from March and the first car out of the production line will be Mobilio.

I would want Jazz to be launched for 2 reasons:
1. Since City is based on Jazz platform, it will be easier for Honda as most of the parts will be common. Moreover, higher number of common parts would lead to better profits from City as well.

Currently Amaze + Brio sell 10k units per month. After launch of City, Honda expects a monthly sale of 4k units. With launch of Jazz this number can touch 7k units per month.

2. Hatchback still accounts for over 50% of the sale as compared to MUV which is 17%. If we look at possible competitors of Mobilio which are Ertiga and Innova, they account for monthly sale of only 12k units. Compare this with premium hatchback which has competitors like i20, Swift, Punto, Fabia, Polo, Liva and Figo. These cars together account for 33k units per month.

While one argument can be that hatchback market is extremely crowded and hence less attractive, the other way of looking at it is the consistency of its sales over the years. Look at Grand i10 which in 2 consecutive months has contributed 11k units for Hyundai. Right product at the right price can pay huge dividends.

The only reason why I dont see Honda launching Jazz till late next year is its price. We all know that City is expected to be launched at a price of 8 lacs. Given that City is launching next month, if Honda was to launch Jazz in May at a price of 5.5 lacs then it may cannibalize into City sales. Mobolio on the other hand will eat into its competitors market share and hence becomes more logical. By end of next year sales of City will stabilize and that's when Jazz will have no impact of City sales.

Last edited by damager21 : 29th December 2013 at 18:29.
Old 29th December 2013, 21:46   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I hope Honda launches Jazz before Mobilio. .
I am also hoping the same. I am holding back change of my wife's car in anticipation of an early launch of Jazz. My requirement is a 4 or 5 seater vehicle primarily for city run, with top end interior features and generous leg room for passengers in rear seat, for which, I feel, Jazz fits the bill perfectly.
Old 29th December 2013, 22:19   #276
BHPian

I do not think that Mobilio will be a competition to Innova in any way. The car at its best can compete with Ertiga or the new cross of Toyota Liva that is being launched at the upcoming Auto Expo.

Innova is a vehicle of a completely different league. People who want an Innova may not settle for any other vehicle so easily. Over the years it has proven its reliability and is very easy to maintain.

I am sure that Honda will launch the new Jazz at the earliest as they will not like to loose on the market share when the upgraded i20 or the new swift are around the corner. They may show case the new Jazz in the upcoming Auto Expo and perhaps who knows may announce a launch date as well.

Last edited by mints21 : 29th December 2013 at 22:22.
Old 9th January 2014, 12:37   #277
BHPian

If pricing of the all new Honda City is anything to go by, there is a strong possibility that Honda will launch Jazz at around 5.3 lacs.

As we all know, City comes with a 1.5 litre petrol engine & measures more than 4m in length, as a result it attracts 27% excise. On the other hand, Jazz will come with a 1.2 litre petrol engine and will measure less than 4m, as a result it will attract only 12% excise. That's a whooping 15% saving on excise.

If we were to knock out this 15% from Honda City E variant, the price comes down to 6.3 lacs from 7.42 lacs. Also, the price difference between Brio E and Amaze E (both attract 12% excise) is 1.02 lacs which could be down to the cost savings in building a hatchback.

If savings for Jazz is on a similar scale then there is also reason to believe that Honda will price entry variant of Jazz at 5.3 lacs.

Additionally, Jazz/Fit sold in Japan does not come with features like Rear AC vents, chrome handle, chrome front grill, etc. These are some of the features that Honda can cut back on to make it cost competitive.
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:27   #278
BHPian

I am so eagerly waiting for Jazz and do hope that it's priced competitively. We were planning to upgrade our good ol' Santro and I had shortlisted Grand i10 but after learning that Jazz bound to return, we have kept our plans on hold. Hope it arrives by May or June.
Old 9th January 2014, 14:39   #279
Senior - BHPian

Honda has confirmed that Jazz is their next launch though they have not given any tentative dates. I expect sometime in the mid of 2014, most probably in Q3.

About pricing, I expect the Jazz to have a starting price of 5.5L.
Though it will be slightly expensive than the entry level I20 or Amaze, I am expecting the base version of Jazz to have more safety kit and equipment than the competition which will justify the slightly higher price. Also, I expect Jazz to have much better overall quality and premium feel than Amaze.

My guesstimate
Jazz petrol - 5.5 - 7 L (manual )
Jazz diesel - 6.5-8 L

Last edited by adimicra : 9th January 2014 at 14:48.
Old 9th January 2014, 14:56   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I do hope they have at least one version of the Jazz/ FIT which is the same as the international spec ones.
I am keenly looking for a vehicle like the Jazz/ FIT with a well designed luggage bay and plenty of comfort, driveability, safety kit, ease of parking, petrol power, super FE etc, for my folks. We must have a minimum of two airbags and ABS-EBD etc. However, I guess asking for ESP and all Four Disc Brakes in this class of vehicle is too much.
I think the Jazz/ FIT is well worth thinking about for this.
Looking to add second vehicle to the garage?
I will also be looking at Jazz to replace my Swift. But, that's after I buy new Octavia Ambition TDi in the next 3 months

Nice to see one happy Customer of Skoda in you BTW
Old 9th January 2014, 16:49   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

A day back, when I was thinking of buying a new hatchback, I could NOT think of anything else other than the new Swift. The Polo GT TDI could be a great car, but it's too expensive upfront and also TCO wise.

2014 Jazz is one car which bowled me over with it's styling and could very well replace my Swift if they get the ride & handling correct.

Such a pathetic state of affairs in India - There is NO worthy replacement for a previous gen Swift other than the new Swift for a person who loves to drive!! No wonder it continues it's dream run!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th January 2014 at 16:50.
Old 9th January 2014, 18:19   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Honda has confirmed that Jazz is their next launch though they have not given any tentative dates. I expect sometime in the mid of 2014, most probably in Q3.
I don't think Honda has confirmed yet that Jazz is their next launch. Till October last year it was believed that Jazz will get launched between Jan-Mar this year.

In November it was decided that the new City will be launched in Jan'14 and hence Jazz was speculated to be launched by mid 2014. After this, Mobilio was revealed in Indonesia and the latest rumor is that Honda will launch Mobilio by mid 2014 and hence Jazz launch is being pushed back to end of this year.

As per an article that I came across, Honda's Rajasthan plant will be operational by March and Mobilio will be manufactured at this plant, hence Mobilio launch will take place before Jazz.
Old 9th January 2014, 18:26   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I don't think Honda has confirmed yet that Jazz is their next launch. Till October last year it was believed that Jazz will get launched between Jan-Mar this year.

In November it was decided that the new City will be launched in Jan'14 and hence Jazz was speculated to be launched by mid 2014. After this, Mobilio was revealed in Indonesia and the latest rumor is that Honda will launch Mobilio by mid 2014 and hence Jazz launch is being pushed back to end of this year.

As per an article that I came across, Honda's Rajasthan plant will be operational by March and Mobilio will be manufactured at this plant, hence Mobilio launch will take place before Jazz.
Yes, it has been confirmed. I have read it at a few places but here is a quote from the Team-BHP official review of Honda City -

"
Other Points:

• BHPian Awarty was the first to spot the 3rd-gen Honda City (link (SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39)). There were absolutely no spottings of this 4th-gen car. With eagle eyed BHPians all across the country, we can safely assume that the new City wasn't tested on public roads in India.

Honda's next launch is the Jazz. The company insists that the pricing will be realistic this time around.
"
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 20:50   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, it has been confirmed. I have read it at a few places but here is a quote from the Team-BHP official review of Honda City -

"
Other Points:

• BHPian Awarty was the first to spot the 3rd-gen Honda City (link (SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39)). There were absolutely no spottings of this 4th-gen car. With eagle eyed BHPians all across the country, we can safely assume that the new City wasn't tested on public roads in India.

Honda's next launch is the Jazz. The company insists that the pricing will be realistic this time around.
"
I checked with the Honda dealer here. They also said that the Jazz is next in line.
Old 9th January 2014, 22:04   #285
BHPian

Hope I am wrong but following articles make me believe that Mobilio will be launched before Jazz:

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...ooks/1207382/2
The Mobilio is expected to hit Indian roads in April-May 2014.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/28463908.cms
The first new model from the Honda stable to hit the roads on January 7 will be its highest selling sedan, City. This will be followed by a multi-purpose vehicle, Mobilio, and the next generation premium hatchback Jazz.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-march/1199895
After the launch of the new City sedan in January, the Mobilio will be the second new Honda model to hit Indian roads, followed by the new Jazz in the later part of 2014.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-363446.aspx/3
Expect to see the car in India first at the Auto Expo in 2014, with the production version hitting our shores towards the middle of next year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks