Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 09:16   #466
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Going by what they have done with Honda city, I am sure, its going to be pretty much the same with Jazz too. Surely not to my liking, but I am expecting the same treatment here as well.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:40   #467
BANNED

I think Jazz will be priced on higher side as unlike City, Mobilio & Brio which are Asia centric model, The Jazz like the CRV, Accord , Civic is part of a global lineup of Honda models .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 17th November 2014 at 14:42.
Old 17th November 2014, 17:09   #468
Senior - BHPian

The Jazz will continue to be an expensive offering for the segment. In fact it is considered expensive even in markets overseas. Last time around, the base model itself was offered with a good chunk of the total available feature list (Including safety features).

This time around, the nicety list should be more wholesome (Auto climate control, infotainment system, armrests etc.) but the price depends on how much Honda offers with the base model, not to mention the need for more localization. B2 segment hatchbacks and compact sedans are doing well, so price sensitivity is of paramount importance.

At the end of the day, the Jazz can be interpreted as an expensive hatchback or a cheaper alternative to a sedan. I choose to look at it as the latter, because it offers all the functionality you could ask for. A 1.4 petrol, more ground clearance and a softer suspension than the old model would make it an impeccable package.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 15:32   #469
BHPian

it is believed that Honda will make this version more comfortable and spacious than the previous model and also retain the superb saloon like feel of the car. BTW the upcoming next-gen hatchback Honda Jazz launch can get slightly delayed in the country due to excessive demand of current models.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazz2014643557005700.jpg  

Old 18th November 2014, 16:02   #470
Team-BHP Support

2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Just realised that Jazz is priced higher than the City in markets like Thailand, if not equal to it- comparing similar variants. I was assuming it to be slightly lesser than the City while writing above posts.

If anything, Honda can only bring down the price tag by using excise duty cut (1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel coupled to 3955mm length) and reduction of features compared to the City. I guess expecting a 50k - 75k reduction in price tag compared to the City would be more realistic for our market.

Jazz price list (Thailand) -
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416306357.529866.jpg

City Price list (Thailand) -
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416306482.169018.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th November 2014 at 16:05.
Old 18th November 2014, 16:24   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just realised that Jazz is priced higher than the City in markets like Thailand, if not equal to it- comparing similar variants. I was assuming it to be slightly lesser than the City while writing above posts.
It was always like that, except in India. That's why the Jazz was a cash-zapping model for Honda in India, especially after they tried to realign the pricing. I hope they don't make the new model too local to get the price advantage.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:27   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Jazz will continue to be an expensive offering for the segment. In fact it is considered expensive even in markets overseas. Last time around, the base model itself was offered with a good chunk of the total available feature list (Including safety features).

This time around, the nicety list should be more wholesome (Auto climate control, infotainment system, armrests etc.) but the price depends on how much Honda offers with the base model, not to mention the need for more localization. B2 segment hatchbacks and compact sedans are doing well, so price sensitivity is of paramount importance.

At the end of the day, the Jazz can be interpreted as an expensive hatchback or a cheaper alternative to a sedan. I choose to look at it as the latter, because it offers all the functionality you could ask for. A 1.4 petrol, more ground clearance and a softer suspension than the old model would make it an impeccable package.
I hope Honda does not skimp on safety features with the new Jazz in India, especially the structural aspects that are not mentioned on the spec sheets (like Maruti does).

A large hatch like a Jazz or a VW Golf, with adequate space and also a decent boot, is really in a segment all of its own. I can afford to buy a sedan, but am hesitant to, since I don't need the boot and its a pain to drive and park a larger car in our congested cities. But I would be willing to pay 'sedan-like' prices for a large hatch with all the bells and whistles and good safety along with an engine that is not underpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It was always like that, except in India. That's why the Jazz was a cash-zapping model for Honda in India, especially after they tried to realign the pricing. I hope they don't make the new model too local to get the price advantage.
I think about 80% of the City is already localized, so I doubt Honda would do anything special for the Jazz. Probably going to be the same components with the same build quality as the current City. Which is a little worrying since the current generation City is probably the first that has widespread niggles and issues (albeit minor) reported.

Last edited by chncar : 18th November 2014 at 17:30.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 17:56   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I can afford to buy a sedan, but am hesitant to, since I don't need the boot and its a pain to drive and park a larger car in our congested cities. But I would be willing to pay 'sedan-like' prices for a large hatch with all the bells and whistles and good safety along with an engine that is not underpowered.
Exactly why I bought the Jazz. It is a well balanced product and if we got the same engine they use in the US (1.5 petrol) it would be perfect. But then the City would lose relevance.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 19:42   #474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This will be the case. Simply put, City top end in Bangalore is already 13L and above I think. Placing Jazz above that would be suicide. Honda has the compact SUV or the bigger Vezel to be put there. Jazz will always be below City as far as India is concerned. And thats the reason, I am very sure, the quality would be nowhere close to what the Jazz version 1 was in India.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 21:14   #475
BHPian

I dont think sedan provides the versatility of the Jazz. WIth my rear seat folded back, i get a flat floor - that can transport boxier (taller items) than otherwise possible with sedan.
As for rear seat comfort, Jazz offers better headroom and an alround visibilit than a sedan.
But yes - in Indian context 13L will be too much for a hatch.
It is a niche product and can be priced a little higher - and can be kept so.
Old 18th November 2014, 22:57   #476
BANNED

I am just waiting for Honda to launch the Jazz with the City's 1.5 which actually does its duty in the Jazz worldwide (USA, Thailand, etc.)... But the way the taxation works, I guess it will never happen. It would be a proper hot hatch in the market here.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:46   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I hope Honda does not skimp on safety features with the new Jazz in India, especially the structural aspects that are not mentioned on the spec sheets (like Maruti does).

A large hatch like a Jazz or a VW Golf, with adequate space and also a decent boot, is really in a segment all of its own. I can afford to buy a sedan, but am hesitant to, since I don't need the boot and its a pain to drive and park a larger car in our congested cities. But I would be willing to pay 'sedan-like' prices for a large hatch with all the bells and whistles and good safety along with an engine that is not underpowered.
I am waiting for the jazz for the exact same reason too. It's perfect for me and my family.Spacious boot which can be doubled with Ultra seats,great headroom and rear legroom,quality interiors, honda engine and reliability.

I dont need a top end. I dont need keyless entry and touchscreen infotainment or even climate control. I just need airbags, ABS and other safety features. But to get this I have to but top end.Anything tous which come along with it is just a welcome addition.
Just hope the petrol is priced well within 8.5 lakhs on road.
Old 19th November 2014, 14:46   #478
BANNED

Totally disappointed by the report on this month's Autocar. Very bland review, no real information.
Old 20th November 2014, 00:09   #479
BHPian

I hope I'm not wrong in thinking that if Fiat can manage a 1400 cc machine in their top petrol variant for ₹.6.7 lacs then Honda can also push things a bit further and place a 1500 cc engine in the top variant Jazz, they can do away with the gimmicky DRLs, poorly implemented voice control, etc. but load it with safety features found in the City.

Last edited by tjacob : 20th November 2014 at 00:24.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 02:21   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I hope I'm not wrong in thinking that if Fiat can manage a 1400 cc machine in their top petrol variant for ₹.6.7 lacs then Honda can also push things a bit further and place a 1500 cc engine in the top variant Jazz, they can do away with the gimmicky DRLs, poorly implemented voice control, etc. but load it with safety features found in the City.
Exactly. I mean anything above 8.5 lacs OTR price (top end diesel) for a hatch is just pushing things way too far. Agreed its the best engineered car, you load the car with all the bells and whistles but still you just cannot price it beyond 8 lacs. When Hyundai can do it why not Honda? All these pricing discussion above 10 lacs or pricing it on par or above City is just pure un-needed speculation (no offence meant to anyone).

I think Honda learnt their lesson the hard way with the previous Jazz. Even though there is tremendous potential for improvements in the Amazes, Brios and City's they are at least priced competitively. Bottomline - 8.5 lacs is the limit. If its beyond that they have already lost a customer!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks