Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 11:14   #46
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Good to see the Jazz will be back!! I love the car and strain my neck every time one passes by!

But i do not think Jazz and Amaze will cannabilize each other. Amaze is fast making a reputation as a family sedan for the budget conscious middle class. Jazz is and will remain an enthusiasts car. A Diesel mill will give it the much needed VFM tag, but with proper bells and whistles, Honda can well market the Jazz for the enthusiasts. Even the older version was quite well accepted as a good car. Buyers didnot have issues with the car but had issues with the price. just a 1 lakh discount on the jazz so such a rush of buyers!!!
Nowadays most Hatchbacks have enthusiasts versions like the Sportivo or Punto Racing version. A premier Brio is just not feasible given its dimensions. In that case, Jazz can well be the hatchback for the aspirants.
Sub 4 mtr, 1200 cc petrol, just pass on some of the excise benefits to the users and the buyers will lap it up.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:46   #47
BHPian

Some suggestions for Honda, if 2014 Jazz is planned for India

1. Have 4 or more variants (we Indians like options from bare metal to premium finish. Think out of your box bcos we always think within a box)

2. Give petrol & Diesel tanks the same day release. (We like to take the calculators from the release day)

3. Name it as 'Fit' rather than 'Jazz' (No matter how good the pricing and VFM factors, we are used to worry about the failed tags)

4. Pricing. Well Honda ... You already have your internal case study in your hand. One error may be a mistake, two errors will be a blunder !!!

Accounting these might give you a FIT vechicle for India with no JAZZy stuffs to bother you upon release. ALL THE BEST HONDA !!!
Swooper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 16:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hope it comes and also in a compact SUV version.

I dont think positioning is big issue. Suzuki with all its closely placed and priced cousins still manage to sell. I read that the top brass didn't care about one model cannibalizing the other as long it was all Suzukis that sold.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:36   #49
BHPian

I hope they do launch it - I've never been a fan of Honda's philosophy (or most of their cars) in India but they at least seem to be trying to turn things around for themselves.
But they absolutely have to get the pricing right - the current Swift VDi (I own one) is overpriced in my opinion - almost 7.5 lakhs on the road. If Honda takes the approach that the Jazz should command a premium over the Swift it could hurt them.

What they need to do in my opinion is to plonk the 1.5L from the Amaze into the new Jazz and price the mid-range model at about 7.5-7.8L on the road. That would put some serious pressure on everyone else not just in the B1/B2 segments (Suzuki) but some of the cars in the C1/C2 segments as well.
Old 11th June 2013, 20:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
My favorite sub 10 lakh rupee car. Spacious, reliable, good looking, pratical this car has everything going for it. It was even priced well after the price cut by Honda. Hoping they launch the new one soon. I will be in the queue to buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I think that looks quite excellent!
I still find that the old Jazz was one of the best cars in the segment, even if it was slightly expensive. That said, people tend to discount that the old Jazz came with Airbags+ABS in all models, which automatically increases the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Ah the Honda Jazz...
The current Jazz was discontinued the very day we went for a test drive. Else we would have bought that instead of the Swift that we did. Oh how I have missed the Jazz.
I also thought the Jazz was a GREAT car for the very same reasons. I was planning to wait for the Amaze to be launched and then checkout which one would make more sense for me, but unfortunately Honda decided to pull the plug temporarily on the Jazz. I ultimately went for the Amaze. But my heart still skips a beat (not of the Chevy variety, though ) when I see a Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's going to be a huge challenge for Honda to position the new Jazz.

Price overlap between the Amaze & new Jazz will be inevitable. Unlike Hyundai which had a long-in-the-tooth slow-selling sedan (Accent) overlapping with its premium hatchback (i20) in terms of price, the Amaze is new and has received a good market response too.

Fine balancing act it's going to be, selling a new sedan & fresh hatchback within the same price band.

It's definitely going to be challenge for Honda to position it well, given the Indian mindset that a sedan is a "badi gaadi" and hence 'superior" to a hatch, never mind that the hatch may be sedan class and the sedan may be just a hatch with a boot added on.

I had also read of a crossover based on the Jazz/Fit platform, supposedly called the Honda Fit twist. That should also be very interesting and give the compact, urban SUVs a serious run for their money!

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-fit-twist.jpg

Source: Indian Autos blog and images/articles elsewhere on the Web.
Old 11th June 2013, 22:09   #51
BHPian

Jazz is an excellent car; in fact I opted for city due to discounts that were on offer in 2011, while shopping for Jazz; but there was long waiting attached to Jazz as well.

I would love to have a diesel Jazz in my garage any day.
Old 11th June 2013, 22:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
Some suggestions for Honda, if 2014 Jazz is planned for India

1. Have 4 or more variants (we Indians like options from bare metal to premium finish. Think out of your box bcos we always think within a box)

2. Give petrol & Diesel tanks the same day release. (We like to take the calculators from the release day)

3. Name it as 'Fit' rather than 'Jazz' (No matter how good the pricing and VFM factors, we are used to worry about the failed tags)

4. Pricing. Well Honda ... You already have your internal case study in your hand. One error may be a mistake, two errors will be a blunder !!!

Accounting these might give you a FIT vechicle for India with no JAZZy stuffs to bother you upon release. ALL THE BEST HONDA !!!
Again, not looking for a debate here, BUT

IMHO,

1. Having all variants priced somewhere closer and putting all safety features should be on Honda's agenda, as they had been doing (except Brio, not too sure about all variants of Amaze).

3. Fit or Jazz? Does it matter? What do you mean by 'failed tag'? That is a pretty strong word to use. The sales figures might show a sorry statement (again how many Swift ZXis or ZDis sale? They are market leaders with A.S.S. in every nook and corner, ain't it?), but it is not because the machine has shortcomings.

4. Pricing, yes. There is room for improvement. But then every stable has a Kizashi, Yeti, Aria, etc. They are magnificent machines, but cut a sorry figures in terms of sales.

Again, does not matter whether it is called Fit or Jazz. Car enthusiasts know what Fit (or Jazz) provides at the end of the day.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:33   #53
BHPian

It would be nice to have an AT option in jazz which was missing in it's previous avatar. It was an amazing combination of cool looks, practicality and Honda's tech. This would also suit lot of hatch buyers who don't like the brio.
Old 13th June 2013, 17:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's going to be a huge challenge for Honda to position the new Jazz.

Price overlap between the Amaze & new Jazz will be inevitable. Unlike Hyundai which had a long-in-the-tooth slow-selling sedan (Accent) overlapping with its premium hatchback (i20) in terms of price, the Amaze is new and has received a good market response too.

Fine balancing act it's going to be, selling a new sedan & fresh hatchback within the same price band.
Cross-shopping happens across segments and brands. If I am in the market looking at an i20/polo, the new Jazz would be a strong contender in the segment.

Also, there were few reason for low sales of Jazz after the price-cut:
1. suppy constraints due to thailand flood : Long waiting periods
2. Honda Sales pushing brio over Jazz
3. A 1.2 l i-vtec for a relatively weighty hatchback.
4. A missing diesel engine.

If Honda is able to address these concerns, I think the Jazz should sell well.
The i20 has been clocking healthy numbers for a long time now, which proves that the market has an appetite for premium hatchbacks. The jazz would primarily be taking a pie away from this segment.
Old 17th June 2013, 08:15   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

To differentiate and avoid overlap between the Amaze and Jazz, they could install a VGT and make the 1.5 iDTEC bump up in power to some 110BHP(also use in next gen City)
And load it with features a la i20.
One of my fav hatches, sure there will be customers for both the Amaze and the new Jazz.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:25   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Another render comes out showcasing design elements of the current CRV;

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2014hondajazzrendering.jpg

Source: http://jp-cardesigncorner.blogspot.i...ntent=FaceBook
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 17:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Jazz is an awesome car and I hope dearly that the new one (with or without a diesel heart) will come by Jan-Feb 2014. I might be in the market for a new car then and it will be between this and the Ford EcoSport.
Old 26th June 2013, 22:15   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda plans new Jazz, Upgraded City , compact SUV & MUV launch for India by 2015.

Source: ET
Old 26th June 2013, 22:21   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda plans new Jazz, Upgraded City , compact SUV & MUV launch for India by 2015.

Source: ET
Here's the link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/20782181.cms
Old 27th June 2013, 00:23   #60
BANNED

Honda has confirmed the next Jazz planned for early next year. It was in an interview to SVP(of NDTV's Car & Bike Show) , also it WILL come with a Diesel option as well.

If they price it as well as the outgoing model(when it went out), they should do well!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks