Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2015, 22:46   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the top end is also visible in the snaps. If you look closely, you can see the variants with fog lights and chrome on front grill area. Just take a look at this cropped image from earlier post. Can't make out regarding the antenna though.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150116_224604.png
Views: 4574
Size:  319.5 KB
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 00:29   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Six colors of Honda Jazz next to each other. Which one is your pick?
Nice. I liked the white and that orange kind which is looking quite sporty. Cant spot any fog lamp though. Any pic of one with a fog lamp?
Old 17th January 2015, 06:24   #588
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Wow! Knew the Jazz was coming and close, but didn't think it was this close. And it looks good. Those alloys resemble that of the Swift. No, I am not complaining! I like what I am seeing.

Jazz with 1.5L + CVT will be epic! But I still cannot digest the idea of the Jazz with an oil burner. A Jazz should be all quiet with no vibrations.

And I wonder how Honda manages to create cars out of thin air! We didn't spot any test mules for the city here and the same goes for Jazz. And there you see, ready for delivery in the factory. Very interesting!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 11:59   #589
BHPian

Quote:
I think the colors (from left to right) are:

* Crystal Black Peal
* Tafetta Pearl
* Urban Titanium Metallic
* Carnelian Red Pearl
* Alabaster Silver Metallic
* Rallye Red
The colour in between Carnelian Red Pearl and white seems to be deepish silver. If this is UT Metallic then this is probably another new colour from Honda. Previously Urban Titanium looked like this
Name:  city.png
Views: 8010
Size:  241.3 KB
Old 17th January 2015, 12:03   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice. I liked the white and that orange kind which is looking quite sporty. Cant spot any fog lamp though. Any pic of one with a fog lamp?
Fog lamps marked in RED circles.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-forumrunner_20150116_224604.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 17th January 2015 at 12:04.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 12:43   #591
Team-BHP Support

2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
CD, have a close look at the first snap. I could spot the round fog lamps on the cars parked in the background of the third (bottom-most) row, first snap. And going by the front grill, they aren't Honda Citys.
Eagle eyes man! Wow.

So that's the top variant. Yet to see if there is an RS variant and if it differs in body style compared to the top spec Jazz.

Quote:
Six colors of Honda Jazz next to each other. Which one is your pick?
Red. However- it looks a bit more orangish than the previous rallyeye red?

If not flashy- then white. Looks elegant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

And I wonder how Honda manages to create cars out of thin air! We didn't spot any test mules for the city here and the same goes for Jazz. And there you see, ready for delivery in the factory. Very interesting!

Safe to assume that they are skipping India-specific road tests! Brio diesel was the last time we could spy an upcoming Honda car, if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't call it 'interesting' though. I believe Honda could have avoided a number of complaints like inadequate headlamps (City), vehicle swerving under monsoon cross winds (City), premature brake fade within 10k kms (Amaze diesel) etc if they had done full-on road tests in India.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 13:15   #592
BHPian

Launching an RS version and/or the top end model with paddle shifts could be one of the strategies to grab some from sales i20 specific demographic.

Compared to the previous jazz, what could be the things which could be carried over to the new Jazz. I know onlt the magic seats for one. Would the no. variant models be the same as earlier(except RS)?

One more question.Do vehicles like Jazz(which enjoy sub 4 meter duty cut) have a limit n petrol model being under 1.2 litre?
Old 17th January 2015, 13:27   #593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Safe to assume that they are skipping India-specific road tests! Brio diesel was the last time we could spy an upcoming Honda car, if I remember correctly.
Amen. I think these folks did the same for the Amaze. IIRC they had plonked the engines in the previous City and did the road tests which was why we didn't spot any test mules on the road.
Old 17th January 2015, 13:28   #594
BHPian

Actually, India specific tests were done and was repoirted in another thread in team bhp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-149.html
Old 17th January 2015, 14:36   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
Actually, India specific tests were done and was repoirted in another thread in team bhp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-149.html
That is a report from the test drive organized for the press when the car was launched. CrAzY dRiVeR was referring to the manufacturer's own road tests conducted before releasing the car in the market - to discover and fix issues, benchmark with competitors, adapt the car to local conditions etc.
Old 17th January 2015, 16:07   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yet to see if there is an RS variant and if it differs in body style compared to the top spec Jazz.
A few pictures of the Jazz 1.5 RS which is available here in SG. Hope they don't dilute much on the Indian variant.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-resized20141014122708112.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-resized20141014122711166.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-resized20141014122711836.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-resized20141014122743507.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-resized20141014122744705.jpg

Images from: www.oneshift.com
vb-saan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 16:16   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
That is a report from the test drive organized for the press when the car was launched. CrAzY dRiVeR was referring to the manufacturer's own road tests conducted before releasing the car in the market - to discover and fix issues, benchmark with competitors, adapt the car to local conditions etc.
I am sure Honda would be doing comprehensive tests for their cars before launch. However, its quite likely that majority of the test happens at their track next to the Tapukara factory. Possibly this explains the lack of spy pics of test mules.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-test-track.png

This seems to be an obstructed image of the top variant of Honda Jazz. It has fog lamps and chrome strip on the front grill. Also notice that the old style long radio antenna seems to be missing. Which means, top variant could come with a micro antenna on the rear.

Name:  Honda Jazz.png
Views: 4256
Size:  37.4 KB

Radio antenna not seen on white color as well. Orange color side blinkers seems to be missing too. So ORVM should come with indicators.
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 17:29   #598
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I would have preferred the meaty North American rear bumper instead of the this almost flush-fitting rest-of-the-world one, but this is the one that was expected to be launched in India. The front headlamps are single barrel units, unlike those on the new City.

So there are at least three trim levels on the new Jazz. I hope they follow the City's spread of safety features (driver airbag & ABS even on the base variant) instead of that on the Amaze (lower petrol variants get neither).

LED DRLs would have been a nice inclusion, at least on the top variant. The good thing is that there are clear slots for DRLs on the front bumper. Fitting aftermarket units into these slots should be quite easy!

Last edited by RSR : 17th January 2015 at 17:32.
Old 17th January 2015, 18:36   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure Honda would be doing comprehensive tests for their cars before launch. However, its quite likely that majority of the test happens at their track next to the Tapukara factory. Possibly this explains the lack of spy pics of test mules.
Atleast Hyundai and Fiat also have test tracks within their factory premises. Yet we regularly see them road-testing new launches. Now, I do not know how much superior Honda's facility is compared to the others. Please share if you have the details. However, certain issues pointed out by CrAzY dRiVeR seem to point to a gap between the test track and the real world.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 18:50   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I would have preferred the meaty North American rear bumper instead of the this almost flush-fitting rest-of-the-world one, but this is the one that was expected to be launched in India.
Being a previous Jazz owner, I would have really liked
the beefier bumper. In fact, one of my issues with the car is that any hit from behind results in dent/scratch on the hatch door and it looks really ugly. If the bumper was beefier, it would not have happened. And you can live with battle scars on the bumper but not on the hatch door.

The reason a beefier bumper will not be offered is pretty clear though. A beefier bumper would mean that Jazz would easily cross the 4M length, hence making it in-feasible to remain competitive in the market because of increased taxation

Off-topic - I noticed the same thing in some other cars like the Figo where the hatch door is protruding more or same as the bumper. Now, Figo is well under 4M..so, I don't know why Ford took such a stupid decision. May be wafer thin bumpers are the trend but that's something I don't like. Apart from protecting the body, a meatier bumper adds to the looks of the car as well making it look more muscular and aggressive.

Last edited by adimicra : 17th January 2015 at 18:51.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks