Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 21:40   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post

Do you have more info / elaborate a bit more on above two?

I see you have RJ in your location, so guessing you have reliable sources
Honda is drawing ideas from Hyundai to have multiple trims with various feature variations and facelifts at short intervals to keep the demand boiling. It is possible to find these getting executed with Jazz launch in India. I cannot say with confidence as there are several internal clearances required when such country specific strategies are put into practice.

I can only say that Honda is so very serious about being in the top three sellers in India (read-only domestic market here and not on the basis of exports from India) that there are several new initiatives being planned, discussed, accepted and discarded at short intervals.

Amaze and Mobilio gave them good insight of Indian market (not to forget the previous failure of Jazz) that a India specific and agile management is now making calculated moves to achieve the desired success for their principals in Japan.

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 19th January 2015 at 21:45.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 21:49   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 Honda Fit Gets Widebody Kit and Custom LED Lights as showcased at this years Tokyo Auto Salon - definitely brings out more character and sporty side to Jazz!
Whoa! Those lights look amazing! That bodykit and the paint is awful though!

Quote:
You never know, Honda might read this thread & offer it up [Wishful Thinking]
Honda, if you are reading this, 1.5RS CVT with the flappy paddles. PLEASE! People queuing up for the GT TSi may want options!

Quote:
Was disappointing too of not seeing the blue color in the spy pics. It looks too good in that color.
Me too! Those wheels too, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

One of the major things that Honda might be looking at is to gain instant traction in the market considering the new i20 as the chief competition.
I'd say count the YRA and the Swift too. Something that Maruti has going for them is it's sheer brand value. People buy Marutis almost blindfolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Diesel CVT (wait for this, but will happen soon - better performance against AMTs / Torque units)....
A diesel auto hatch, under 10L. Might make a very very compelling case, considering there aren't any diesel automatics barring the Zest in that price bracket.

Cheers!
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 10:40   #618
BHPian

Honestly I don't see Honda launching CVT for diesel engine at least for the next 2 years. Starting next year, we will see major changes on the engine front as Honda will start introducing its turbo charged petrol engine. Also in 2017 we will get to see a smaller 1.2 litre 3 cylinder diesel engine for Brio.

Also, by all possibilities we will see only 3 variants of Jazz - E, S and V all with manual transmission. V variant will also come with automatic transmission. After 3-6 months we should see RS variant with 1.5 litre engine.

In the spy shots we have already seen exteriors of these 3 variants.

Finally, I was hoping Honda India launches following blue color Jazz. Looks brilliant and IMHO looks better than the lighter shade we see in Brio and Amaze!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzmalaysiablue2.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzmalaysiablue5.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzmalaysiablue3.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 12:35   #619
BHPian

Wow glossy blue. Even yellow will make a gaudy appearance. I hope petrol cvt launches with 1.5.
Old 20th January 2015, 12:43   #620
BHPian

Oh the above blue colour is killer.It's a great attention grabber and not at all a bad strategy to grab some sales from i20.
Hope Honda launches a blue colour.I dont think there would be many takers for yellow.
Old 20th January 2015, 16:02   #621
BHPian

The car for sure looks good in that shade of blue.
Is it only me, or do other also feel that in profile the rear bumper seems to end really high. It should have been lower. I guess bumper skirts will help here.

Also, Honda, please do launch the 1.5L petrol with an option of a manual
Old 20th January 2015, 16:13   #622
BHPian

Any chance Honda will offer Airbags + ABS in the base variants? Top end variant will out of my reach but I can consider the lower variants if they come with airbags and ABS.
Old 20th January 2015, 16:29   #623
BHPian

@bhuvan - sir . i too hope for a manual 1.5 .

The high end manual of jazz with 1.5 should'nt touch in to city bracket .

hoping fully loaded manual 1.5 in the range of 9 - 9.5 if this variant is launched .
Old 20th January 2015, 16:40   #624
BHPian

is there any limitation by the gov that vehicles under 4m should have engines less than 1.5 litres in Petrol?
Old 20th January 2015, 17:01   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
is there any limitation by the gov that vehicles under 4m should have engines less than 1.5 litres in Petrol?
Yes, Cars to avail the 12% excise duty need to satisfy either of the 2 conditions with below 4m length
  • Petrol engines under 1200cc
  • Diesel Engines under 1500cc

If not they fall into the 24% tax bracket.

This is where I wonder if Jazz with 1.5 mill could end up closer to the City price bracket due to above rule
Old 20th January 2015, 17:02   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
Nope. My Polo has a 1.6. The rule is that petrol engines under 1200CC and Diesel engines under 1500CC get lower taxes.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:45   #627
@KP
BHPian

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Any chance Honda will offer Airbags + ABS in the base variants? Top end variant will out of my reach but I can consider the lower variants if they come with airbags and ABS.
Typically all safety features come standard across all variants in Honda cars. This was the case in Jazz in its previous innings. Let's hope they continue to do so now also.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2015 at 17:57.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:58   #628

This one certainly looks promising. I hope they launch this car with name JAZZ in india rather than FIT..somehow the customers do tend to go for a car based on the name too...also although it looks definitely more stylised the one thing i hope they retain in this one is like in the previous version the driver and co-driver seats the windows sides didnt have a blind spot at the corners due to larger windows. Hope that is something they have looked into in this model too.
Old 20th January 2015, 19:35   #629
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Typically all safety features come standard across all variants in Honda cars. This was the case in Jazz in its previous innings. Let's hope they continue to do so now also.
It actually should be standard across the range but that did raise the costs upwards which was one of the reasons for it to bump!

AFAIK, Honda will not go the previous innings way!
Old 20th January 2015, 19:41   #630
BHPian

Upcoming jazz is heavily localized . So we can expect to bear safety features with the base mdl too . I20 has sacrificed safety features on the base mdls . As honda is the most desired auto brand in india , we can expect safety features in the base variant
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks