Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 19:50   #631
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Typically all safety features come standard across all variants in Honda cars. This was the case in Jazz in its previous innings. Let's hope they continue to do so now also.
I think airbags are available only in the top end variant of the Brio, so I feel it is less likely that they will provide it on all variants of Jazz this time around. But I am hoping they follow in the footsteps of Volkswagon and Toyota and make air bags as standard starting from Jazz.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:05   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK, Honda will not go the previous innings way!
During the first launch period, B2 premium segment was entirely new and the buyer was not willing to consider a hatchback for that price. But now, it's not the case and seeing the success of Elite, buyers are willing to afford 8 to 10 lakhs for a premium hatch. If Honda launches like they did before and price competetively variant by variant to Elite, then it will be a trend setter and will force the other manufacturers to follow the suit.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:47   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
Upcoming jazz is heavily localized . So we can expect to bear safety features with the base mdl too . I20 has sacrificed safety features on the base mdls . As honda is the most desired auto brand in india, we can expect safety features in the base variant
Most desired auto brand in India?? Wow!

A quick glance at the Honda India website shows that except for the CR-V none of the models have dual airbags and ABS as standard across the range. I hope the so-called heavily localised Jazz get atleast closer to the City on safety features.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 22:48   #634
BHPian

I doubt Honda will consider the 1.5L petrol mill for Jazz. Honda's current priority seems to claim the third spot in the Indian market. So, if they are seeking numbers to boost their monthly sales numbers, they will have to price the Jazz pretty competitively. The 1.5L engine will dilute the the Jazz's relevance due to higher tax bracket.

Also, the same logic seems to hold true in terms of safety features being standard across their range. I think they would go with their tradition way in India with 3-4 variants and kit the higher variants with ABS / Airbags. That would make better sense in the current Indian market. Guess, the ABS or Airbag units will have to wait for them to be 100% localised in-order to make their way into the lower trims.
Old 21st January 2015, 01:36   #635
BHPian

The Magic Seats are back and how, woohoo!! They took quite a long time to come back didnt they!! Welcome back dear ol' Jazzy, you were sorely missed. Your versatility is still unmatched, just give us a good drive and we are sorted.

Super duper excitedly waiting for you. Words cannot fathom the sheer delight on seeing your first appearance on our soil. Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Lots of love!
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 08:39   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
The Magic Seats are back
It seems that the Indian variant might lose the magic seats. See the post 435 ( page 29 ) for details.
Old 21st January 2015, 11:46   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
It seems that the Indian variant might lose the magic seats. See the post 435 ( page 29 ) for details.
I really doubt that. The international variants have it and it is their trump card. Impossible.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:38   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really doubt that. The international variants have it and it is their trump card. Impossible.
+1. The magic seats were the topmost promotional and marketed feature of the older Jazz. And the way we love practicality in our country, I think Honda will continue to offer the same in this Jazz too. The Auto Expo display model might not have them. But then that was just a display car.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:43   #639
BHPian

Quote:
People will consider the engine, driving dynamics, space and the competitive price as the trump card for purchase. Previous Jazz had all the USP except the pricing. I also like to have magic seats in new Jazz, if it's there, well and good. It is not a big deal breaker even if it's not there in the Indian variant.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 21st January 2015 at 12:44.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:53   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. The magic seats were the topmost promotional and marketed feature of the older Jazz. And the way we love practicality in our country, I think Honda will continue to offer the same in this Jazz too. The Auto Expo display model might not have them. But then that was just a display car.
The Magic Seats are in fact another synonym for the Jazz world wide and people love the practicality they offer. The best bit being the flat loading ginormous boot! It still is unbeatable in the segment.

Quote:
People will consider the engine, driving dynamics, space and the competitive price as the trump card for purchase. Previous Jazz had all the USP except the pricing. I also like to have magic seats in new Jazz, if it's there, well and good. It is not a big deal breaker even if it's not there in the Indian variant.
The pricing will be critical of course. If Honda manage to retain the superior build quality from the older Jazz and price it well, it will hit bulls eye. Marketing will be the key.

All in good time now.
Old 21st January 2015, 13:01   #641
BHPian

Following were the features by variants in previous gen Jazz sold in India.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2011-jazz-features.png

There is a high possibility that the base variant will not come with Magic seats. However the Mid and Top variant should come with it.

Also, from the spied snaps we have already seen that the base variant does not come with body colored door handles and ORVM. This was available in the base version of previous gen Jazz.

The old styled long radio antenna on the front points to a high amount of cost cutting. If Honda is targeting launching Jazz at less than 5 lacs then there is No way that the base variant will come with ABS and Airbags.

Now a days it has become a marketing gimmick to launch new cars at a low price by offering base variants with No frills and zero safety features. (Polo being an exception)

Previous gen Jazz was perceived as being pricey. Maybe Honda will try to wipe that image by launching it at less than 5 lacs.
Old 21st January 2015, 13:17   #642
BHPian

Quote:
The Magic Seats are in fact another synonym for the Jazz world wide and people love the practicality they offer. The best bit being the flat loading ginormous boot!
It would be interesting to see as what Honda decides with respect to magic seats. Previous Jazz had 384 litres of boot. Even if it offers 60 : 40 split, Jazz will offer more flexibility compared with Amaze which will clash in the same price range ( Amaze has 400 litres of boot ). Honda might offer the front co-passenger
seat to be flexible as in the international variant and also the 100 percent rear seat folding rather than 60 : 40 split.

Hyundai differentiated Xcent and Elite very well as it clashed on the same pricing. Let's hope that Honda does the same between Amaze and Jazz. If priced well, Jazz going to be a massive hit irrespective of magic seats

Last edited by Grand Drive : 21st January 2015 at 13:20. Reason: Typos
Old 21st January 2015, 13:28   #643
BHPian

Quote:
It would be interesting to see as what Honda decides with respect to magic seats. Previous Jazz had 384 litres of boot. Even if it offers 60 : 40 split, Jazz will offer more flexibility compared with Amaze which will clash in the same price range ( Amaze has 400 litres of boot ). Honda might offer the front co-passenger
seat to be flexible as in the international variant and also the 100 percent rear seat folding rather than 60 : 40 split.

Hyundai differentiated Xcent and Elite very well as it clashed on the same pricing. Let's hope that Honda does the same between Amaze and Jazz. If priced well, Jazz going to be a massive hit irrespective of magic seats
Exactly same point of every other person/enthusiast who could not buy the older Jazz...the price! Get that right and you score a home run Honda!
Old 21st January 2015, 19:32   #644
BHPian

Quote:
I just don't think Honda is in the habit of loosing good features in their
cars... if anything you should worry about is why isn't others copying the magic seats!!! Not the other way around.

Also loosing 60:40 split is a regression I don't see why anyone in the right mind would do such a thing.
Old 21st January 2015, 19:52   #645
BHPian

So Honda is readying another rattler.. The design is average, infact the previous gen Jazz looked better. The interiors too are nothing special, but the main USP is lots of space compared to its rivals. It definitely lacks the X-factor that the Elite has..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks