Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 22:56   #706
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Following are 2 more spy images in India
So the question again is, are these spied Jazzs for India or are they the ones going to SA?? If it is indeed going to SA, is Honda selling the highly stripped downed ones with black ORVMs and door handles without a rear backrest also in SA?? Still a lot of unanswered questions
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:10   #707
Team-BHP Support

2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Variant wise price comparison of the made-in-India Jazz with the Honda Ballade (City), for the South African market.

Jazz 1.2 Trend Manual - 179,900

Ballade 1.5 Trend Manual- 204,800
Jazz 1.2 Comfort Manual- 204,900

Ballade 1.5 Trend Automatic- 219,500
Jazz 1.2 Comfort CVT- 221,900

Ballade 1.5 Elegance Manual- 232,500
Jazz 1.5 Elegance Manual - 234,900

Ballade 1.5 Elegance Automatic- 247,200
Jazz 1.5 Elegance Automatic- 249,900

Jazz 1.5 Dynamic Manual- 249,900
Jazz 1.5 Dynamic Automatic- 264,900

Not only are the prices more than the equivalent City variants, Jazz is a much more expensive proposition as well with a wider spread of variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
If it is indeed going to SA, is Honda selling the highly stripped downed ones with black ORVMs and door handles without a rear backrest also in SA?? Still a lot of unanswered questions
Possible since there is almost 5L INR difference between the entry level and flagship variants of the Jazz.

By the way, even the 1.2 Trend for South Africa is priced almost a lakh INR higher than the 1.4L Ertiga which starts at 159,900. Top end Verna (Accent) Automatic is about 1.5L INR cheaper than top end Jazz. I am really interested to know how Honda manages to price this right in India. The small car excise duty should help though.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd January 2015 at 23:40.
Old 24th January 2015, 10:10   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Variant wise price comparison of the made-in-India Jazz with the Honda Ballade (City), for the South African market.

Not only are the prices more than the equivalent City variants, Jazz is a much more expensive proposition as well with a wider spread of variants.
CD, you have mentioned the reason yourself. Jazz is positioned as a mini-MPV there. The flexibility it brings in and the global car tag might probably invite a higher cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
By the way, even the 1.2 Trend for South Africa is priced almost a lakh INR higher than the 1.4L Ertiga which starts at 159,900. Top end Verna (Accent) Automatic is about 1.5L INR cheaper than top end Jazz. I am really interested to know how Honda manages to price this right in India. The small car excise duty should help though.
Oh Dear CD, you are not gonna leave Ertiga are you. In India though we can be pretty sure that they will be pricing it lesser than Ertiga. If Honda gives 1.5 i-VTEC, there will b no duty benefits. That version will be definitely over-priced.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 13:49   #709
BHPian

Honda has launched Jazz in South Africa and will be available for sale in mid-February. This Jazz will be manufactured in India at Honda's Tapukara plant, Rajasthan.

For Jazz, Honda has set a very modest sales target of 300 units per month in South Africa. These are very low numbers and hence should not lead to any supply constraints for Indian consumers once Jazz is launched here.

It is quite possible that the spied pics of Jazz we have seen so far are meant for South Africa.

Trend variant (base variant) comes with following exterior features:
* Body Coloured bumpers
* Black colour door handles, ORVM and front grille
* 15-inch steel wheels with covers

Comfort variant comes with following exterior features:
* Body coloured bumpers, door handles and ORVM
* Black front grille
* 15-inch alloy wheels

Elegance variant comes with following exterior features:
* Gloss Black front grille with chrome insert
* Front fog lamps
* ORVM with turn indicators
* 15-inch alloy wheels

Dynamic variant comes with following exterior features:
* Gloss Black front grille with chrome insert
* Front fog lamps
* ORVM with turn indicators
* 16-inch alloy wheels

All this very well ties back to to what we have seen in the spy pics.

Both 1.2 litre and 1.5 litre engine is available with manual and CVT gearbox. CVT variant by default comes with Paddle shifts.

Again, this is something we noticed from the parts imported by Honda.

Also, the new Jazz in South Africa will be offered in a choice of six vibrant colours: Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Carnelian Red Pearl, Urban Titanium Metallic, Sunset Orange, and Golden Brown Metallic.

In the following spy pic, we all thought that there is Black coloured Jazz. Looks like this is Golden Brown metallic.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-all-colors-jazz.jpg

Left to Right -> Golden Brown Metallic, Taffeta White, Urban Titanium Metallic , Carnelian Red Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic and Sunset Orange

Following are the features by variants:
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-south-africa-1.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-south-africa-2.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-south-africa-3.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-south-africa-4.png

The best part about Jazz launched in South Africa is the following safety & security features are common across all variants:
* Front, side and curtain airbags (Total 6)
* ABS (Antilock braking system)
* EBD (Electronic brake force distribution)
* ESS (Emergency stop signal)
* VSA (Vehicle stability assistance)
* Height adjustable seat belts
* Motion adaptive EPS (Electric power steering)
* Immobiliser
* Remote central locking
* Auto door lock with selective unlock

I can only hope that Honda launches same models in India but I know for sure that this is wishful thinking.

Last edited by damager21 : 24th January 2015 at 13:53.
damager21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 14:43   #710
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

So will india get 1.2L CVT version or the 1.5L CVT ?

The Ground clearance of 135mm looks really low,I am sure the Indian version will have higher clearance.
Old 24th January 2015, 16:40   #711
@KP
BHPian

All the hype and hoopla about those spy shots of Jazz are for SA..?? I hope the Indian launch also happens after budget as someone mentioned
Old 24th January 2015, 22:09   #712
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2015 at 13:40.
abkett is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th January 2015, 20:27   #713
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
So will india get 1.2L CVT version or the 1.5L CVT ?

The Ground clearance of 135mm looks really low,I am sure the Indian version will have higher clearance.
Oh yes, 135mm seems too low...

Check this -- http://www.hondacarindia.com/jazz/specification.aspx

The GC of the older jazz was 160 mm as per Honda's website. So 135 is like way too low !!!
Old 26th January 2015, 23:45   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post

The GC of the older jazz was 160 mm as per Honda's website. So 135 is like way too low !!!
Hey KP, 135 mm GC is for the South African Jazz. The Indian model will have something very similar to the Honda City sold here.

If I remember correctly, many Jazz owners in this forum had issues with the GC of the previous gen Jazz. Honda will not bring that further down for sure.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:02   #715
BHPian

Great news and looking forward to the "new" Jazz soon in India after its SA launch.!

Somehow cannot relate the Jazz here with a diesel engine assuming Honda is going to offer the 1.5 iDtec on the Jazz , seem to relate it to the refined iVtec , just a matter of time to get used to it i guess.

Reading all the analyses fellow members have noted and looking at the pictures, seems evident and very certain that the "Indian" Jazz (when launched) will not be as loaded as the ones sold in developed markets.

Took a look at the Malaysian Jazz and its feature list ( the top variant comes with side , curtain airbags !) and as per damager21's post the SA Jazz gets full safety features on all variants !

When launched here it will be interesting to see how its pitted against the elite i20 and probably this is why Honda will skip the full safety features !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jazz_Malaysia_Feature list.pdf (498.3 KB, 1067 views)
Old 27th January 2015, 12:08   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

I was watching the Jazz review by Autocar India. Its a relatively old video when they went abroad to test the Jazz and the Mobilio. But in the video they are very confident that the Indian Jazz would not be offered with the 1.5L petrol motor and only the smaller 1.2L will be offered along with the 1.5L diesel engine. If true, it will be really disappointing since now the rumors of the 1.5L petrol motor has made expectations soar high.

I guess dreams of that 1.5 iVtec + CVT are going to end up being just dreams.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 12:15   #717
BHPian

considering the excise duty and tax structure , it will most likely be the 1.2 petrol engine only .

only with 1.2 petrol they could manage to keep the cost within the bracket of i 20 .
Old 27th January 2015, 12:37   #718
BHPian

Quote:

Check this -- http://www.hondacarindia.com/jazz/specification.aspx

Given the new Jazz is 30mm longer in wheelbase than the older one just retaining 160mm is also not good enough. It definitely has to be higher than 160mm. And looking into the India Honda City specification, listed wheelbase is 2600mm and Honda has kept a staggering low 165mm clearance Ofcourse suspension setup matters a lot to this mix.

Hope Honda puts some good things that Maruti has always been doing and allow Indian drivers to drive with some confidence on the roads.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:44   #719
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
considering the excise duty and tax structure , it will most likely be the 1.2 petrol engine only .

only with 1.2 petrol they could manage to keep the cost within the bracket of i 20 .
I also expect the variants to be just 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel. I'd actually be happy if they include CVT in the top-variants in each of the fuel category !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Hope Honda puts some good things that Maruti has always been doing and allow Indian drivers to drive with some confidence on the roads.
What good things from Maruti are we talking about? I always thought they cut corners at every possible step. Talk of offering security features as "optional"

But yes, GC is always debatable and is influenced by the road conditions as well...
Old 27th January 2015, 13:22   #720
BHPian

Quote:

What good things from Maruti are we talking about? I always thought they cut corners at every possible step. Talk of offering security features as "optional"

But yes, GC is always debatable and is influenced by the road conditions as well...
DISCLAIMER:- I am not a Maruti sales person here and neither do I own a Maruti yet!

1. Ground clearance... I am yet to see a Maruti with low GC
2. Best FE in the segment.
3. VFM in the segment (Yes you can call it cost cutting up to an extent... that is left to the
users to decide). and this Pushes the competition to lower the prices like the would be
Ertiga vs Jazz vs Elite i20 war

According to me every car offered will make these compromises. And the only manufacturer who has paid attention to both price and quality is Volkswagen and recently Hyundai and Toyota thanks to the Euro NCAP tests.

Now coming to safety aspect, every car manufacturer other than Volkswagen and toyota is offering safety as optional and not as default option and hope this is what you are referring to here.

The side effect of Euro NCAP tests has been staggering:

http://www.carwale.com/marutisuzuki-...ails-2733.html

Although the stated year for safety standardization in the below article is wrong:
http://us.india.com/business/air-bag...m-2015-187378/

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/01/t...tandard-163405

Infact given what I have seen recently with Honda... in terms of cabin quality and engine refinements with the new City and Mobilio, Honda is not very behind in the race to cut corners, so we should say Welcome to India for Honda too.

Anybody can buy an iPhone or an Android phone today in the market but the price/features/quality will decide what one wants finally.

Hope we are not sitting here and waiting for Michelangelo's piece of work to come out of our dear auto manufacturers factory at the cheapest cost. What is good is expensive and what is affordable but not something the best but ordinary mortals like me can manage to live.
WRXXX is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks