Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 13:50   #751
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
From a reliable source in Honda: There is no 1.5L petrol motor being planned for the Jazz. It will come with 1.2L motor only and will have both MT and CVT option. Also launch is mostly a few months away right now and should happen in the 2nd quarter.
Ohh. That is disappointing.

I was eagerly expecting the 1.5 L iVTEC at least in the RS guise. 1.2L with CVT will not a great drive. Might be convenient for city but the rubber-band effect will be very pronounced IMO. So highway driving and overtaking will be a big headache.

Dr sir. Second quarter of the calendar year (Apr to June) or financial year (Jul to Sept)? Latter means it will be too late, at least for me.

Wish its launched by June and they give a RS version with 1.5L iVTEC too. But then, how many wishes actually come true.

Quote:
Well from a market point of view, I will tend to agree with there decision. Right now everyone is talking about the 1.5. But knowing Honda and the pricing, that car will then easily touch 9.5-10L OTR and that would be aggressive pricing from Honda. Otherwise it can be even more. In such a scenario most people will then point out the Japanese built and probably go for a polo or a C segment sedan. So the 1.2 makes more sense. I am myself ready with the booking amount for the CVT version.
Yes sir. I agree on the price point. 1.5L iVTEC + CVT will easily touch 10 lakhs OTR and many might go away seeing the price. But there are people (like me) who want all rounders (or more car per car) i.e. a car which is powerful + spacious + flexible + easy to drive, own and maintain + reliable. I am pretty sure Jazz will satisfy all this but bow down to Polo on build quality and interior plastic quality. If Toyota can give a Sportiva in Liva, why not a RS in Honda? It might not sell a lot of numbers but will give Honda an entry into the Hot Hatch (wannabe??) segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
I dunno if this is but I have a query

Let's say Honda launches Jazz manual now and I buy it. After say 6 months, if they launch auto, how easy/difficult will it be for me to exchange my manual car with auto model? Anyone here has had such experience before ? Maybe with Brio/i10/i20 ??
Like pointed out earlier, you will lose a lot of money. Depreciation of a new car will be huge. You might end up losing even 35% in 6 months. Don't even think of an exchange as you will lose more. It will definitely be a better idea to wait for bit and buy what you want.

Last edited by Vigkey : 12th February 2015 at 14:01.
Old 12th February 2015, 13:55   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Ohh. That is disappointing.

I was eagerly expecting the 1.5 L iVTEC at least in the RS guise. 1.2L with CVT will not a great drive. Might be convenient for city but the rubber-band effect will be very pronounced IMO. So highway driving and overtaking will be a big headache.

Dr sir. Second quarter of the calendar year (Apr to June) or financial year (Jul to Sept)? Latter means it will be too late, at least for me.
Second quarter of the calendar year. The 1.5 would have been a great option but then honestly if priced above 10L, it might not have been a feasible option anymore since the price becomes a tad too high.

Still keeping fingers crossed for them to launch it with the 1.5 at 9L OTR. But then wishes are just wishes.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 18:59   #753
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
From a reliable source in Honda: There is no 1.5L petrol motor being planned for the Jazz. It will come with 1.2L motor only and will have both MT and CVT option. Also launch is mostly a few months away right now and should happen in the 2nd quarter.
Will they launch MT and CVT at the same time or will the CVT be launched after a while? This will hugely impact my buying decision
Old 12th February 2015, 22:43   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Brake pads failing within 10k kms of replacement. Disks failing before 20k kms. Multiple owners reporting suspension components, leaking struts etc changed under warranty.
This is crazy indeed!

While some wear can be attributed to aggressive driving styles not at the above rate for sure!! On my previous car the aggressive driving style caused brake pads to wear out at 27K kms.... but once I slowed down/ cooled down and relaxed about life and everything else in general car did 43K kms with 3/4th the wear!!

And last time I got the pads opened there was easily another 10K to go.

With all these reports about part failures I am seriously wondering what is Honda upto???
Old 12th February 2015, 22:57   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Second quarter of the calendar year. The 1.5 would have been a great option but then honestly if priced above 10L, it might not have been a feasible option anymore since the price becomes a tad too high.
Thanks for this info sir.
Second quarter seems bit too late.. For this one info let us hope your reliable source is unreliable and let us hope that it can be launched in
March as I heard it before in the media/auto sites. It will speed my decision making about which Car.
Old 12th February 2015, 23:00   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Thanks for this info sir.
Second quarter seems bit too late.. For this one info let us hope your reliable source is unreliable and let us hope that it can be launched in
March as I heard it before in the media/auto sites. It will speed my decision making about which Car.
For a march launch there would have been some media built up happening already. But there is hardly any. So honestly I doubt that it is coming out in March. Also waiting for the budget, as suggested by many, might also be a reason behind Honda waiting in order to get the pricing right.
Old 15th February 2015, 10:23   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
include poor seatback design with many members reporting backpain issues
+1 to the above. I just hope Jazz gets good seat.

I really struggle to sit for more than 60 minutes in the driver/passenger seat of my Wife's Brio. Not sure if it's the thinness of the seat or it's a bad design but certainly the Brio's front seats are not comfortable, at least for me. My Wife has not complained though!. I believe they have the same seat/design in Amaze and if I am not wrong the same seats are in Mobilio also I think the Mobilio seats itself would be putting off few customers.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 16:13   #758
BHPian

I got my Honda City serviced on Saturday and the sales people there have no idea of the Jazz launch. But they made this clear that it won't be launched before May. He did sound convinced. A bummer. Hoped for an early launch
Old 16th February 2015, 16:29   #759
BHPian

Quote:
So honestly I doubt that it is coming out in March.
You are right Drmohitg, I too got information that the media drives and sales folks' training would happen in April and the launch would happen in May.
Old 16th February 2015, 16:47   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
You are right Drmohitg, I too got information that the media drives and sales folks' training would happen in April and the launch would happen in May.
With speculated launch of Maruti's S Cross too in May, looks like an interesting
month to watch.
In earlier posts too it was rumored that Jazz would be launched after S Cross. Hope they are not bench marking S Cross in pricing!
Old 16th February 2015, 20:17   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With speculated launch of Maruti's S Cross too in May, looks like an interesting
month to watch.
In earlier posts too it was rumored that Jazz would be launched after S Cross. Hope they are not bench marking S Cross in pricing!
Volkman, If they are bench marking S-Cross in pricing, they are very well digging their own sweet grave. S-Cross is a 4+ m pseudo-SUV and hence the price will be well over the premium hatchbacks.

Last gen Jazz is already considered a flop and the primary reason was its pricing. Now again, if they price it equivalent / just less than S-Cross, it will be more expensive than the i20 by at least a lakh, which will be suicidal.

Unless Honda prices it lesser than i20 or match it in pricing (by giving equally good features), they cannot hope to sell Jazz more than 2-3k per month. Pricing + Features will be keys to the success of Jazz this time around and they cannot even compromise of even one of those.
Old 16th February 2015, 22:04   #762
BHPian

Jazz i-DTEC. Now why is Honda India, shipping a Diesel Jazz to Japan? Also a sneak preview into the pricing perhaps, if the export value can be taken as an approximation of the ex-showroom price.
The "E" trim get you 1 airbag+abs+ebd {I'm comparing the safety features here, especially since Hyundai is known to stuff its vehicles with features compared to any other manufacturer} The comparable elite i20 is the Sportz 1.4 CRDI which ex-showroom is Rs. 7.44 lakhs. Thus the Jazz i-DTEC in E Trim will be Rs. 40k more expensive and have lesser features (assuming Honda carries over the E Trim as found in the City) compared to the Elite i20 Sportz CRDI. This promises exciting times ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-tbhp-upload.png  

shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 23:59   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

Last gen Jazz is already considered a flop and the primary reason was its pricing. Now again, if they price it equivalent / just less than S-Cross, it will be more expensive than the i20 by at least a lakh, which will be suicidal.

Unless Honda prices it lesser than i20 or match it in pricing (by giving equally good features), they cannot hope to sell Jazz more than 2-3k per month. Pricing + Features will be keys to the success of Jazz this time around and they cannot even compromise of even one of those.
If Honda matches the I20 in features, I think they will price it a bit higher given some of the advantages of the Jazz over the I20 like - passenger space, boot space, flexibility, better engine (petrol for sure) etc. Sorry to say, but the I20 petrol does feel very anemic in the open highways with a pretty dismal power to weight ratio.

In reality, I think Honda will price the Jazz similar to the I20 but drop a few features here and there. In that case, I think Honda has a winner on their hands unless they skimp too much on the features.
Old 17th February 2015, 00:23   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sorry to say, but the I20 petrol does feel very anemic in the open highways with a pretty dismal power to weight ratio.
I agree with you. i20 petrol feels quite underpowered especially on the highways. The Jazz feels peppier.
Old 17th February 2015, 00:35   #765
Team-BHP Support

2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Also a sneak preview into the pricing perhaps, if the export value can be taken as an approximation of the ex-showroom price.
Hopefully not! 7.8L for the diesel EMT will translate to 6.8L or at the max 6.5L starting price for the petrol EMT. At this price, it would be overpriced against competition from all corners of the market.

Hot hatch market- In comparison, i20 range starts at 4.99L. We'll only see history repeat itself once again.

Sedan market - City range starts at 7.45L for the petrol EMT. A one lakh margin is too less for the Jazz considering the huge brand name City enjoys in India.

Practicality market- Ertiga with an extra row of seats and a 1.4L petrol engine starts at 5.89L for the range! Even the Mobilio with the 1.5 iVTEC starts at 6.49L.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2015 at 00:45.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks