Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 13:41   #781
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
And a lot of buyers including myself would be little reluctant to put that much money on a VAG car but might be able to do the same with a Honda. And there the price does not matter as you are not looking at volumes but rather brand built up and perception.
Very true Dr.!!! Masses will be very hesitant to put 10+ lakhs on a VW hatchback. But if Honda comes with a powerful RS version, I am sure many would fancy that. Moreover, like u said, price is secondary in the "hot-hatch" segment. It is more of building up the brand image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Finally Honda seems to be preparing launch of Jazz in India. This month they exported 3 variants of Jazz diesel to Japan. Most likely these were exported to HO for production review and approval.
Not sure how much we can read from these exports. But if it is indeed for approval and stuff, it is really good news. We can expect the launch to happen in at least a 2-3 of months.

Quote:
As can be seen, Jazz diesel will be available in 3 variants - E, S and SV. We don't know if there are more variants but most likely Honda will stick to only 3 variants.
I expect Honda to provide as many variants as in City or may be eliminate the VX variant. If at all they are going to go with 3 variants, SV will be pretty well loaded and similar to V / VX of the City and S will be similar to the SV of the City. Otherwise, Jazz will be entering an already lost battle with i20.

Edit: Zauba now has data of another two Jazzs exported to Japan. This time a S and a VX. Image below

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_vx_export.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Why is the declared value the same for all 3 variants? :O
Like I have stated earlier, I don't think the declared value holds any importance to us end customers and I am pretty sure it has no bearing on the would be ex-showroom price of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
I have a 3 year old Jazz-X and it does have electrically folding ORVMs and driver's seat height adjustment.

What I would really like to see in the upcoming Jazz is a variant with additional safety features - ESP/VSA and 6 airbags. That seems very unlikely though.
I too think ESP / VSA / 6 airbags are all gonna be dreams for us. City does not have these and I don't think Jazz will have any extra features compared to the City (probably except the Magic Seats). I hope they provide at least ACC and Key-less entry and go that was missing in the last iteration of Jazz. Probably a good touch-screen unit with Navigation (improved version of what is provided in Brio / Amaze / Mobilio).

Last edited by Vigkey : 20th February 2015 at 14:10. Reason: Added image of VX iDTEC exported
Old 20th February 2015, 21:02   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
I have a 3 year old Jazz-X and it does have electrically folding ORVMs and driver's seat height adjustment.
Very correct, Satyaanveshi. I was referring to the Jazz which was in the market in early 2011 (even before the announcement about price cut had been received). It did not have electrically folding ORVMs then (in-fact that salesman had tried to dismiss that as a not-of-use-but-fancy feature saying that the motors break and it is not durable hence manual is the preferred choice). Likewise for height adjustment which was not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All Jazz variants come standard with dual-front airbags, OEM sound system + steering controls and ABS / EBD brakes. Yet, no alloy wheels, no height adjustable seat, no dead pedal, no parcel tray, no arm rests, no lumbar support at this price!!
In later stages (post price cut if memory serves me right) the electric folding ORVM were introduced as was height adjustment along with a few other features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. They can and should bring the 1.5 version of the Jazz. Over the last year, the hot hatch market has really started growing in India. And a lot of buyers including myself would be little reluctant to put that much money on a VAG car but might be able to do the same with a Honda. And there the price does not matter as you are not looking at volumes but rather brand built up and perception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Very true Dr.!!! Masses will be very hesitant to put 10+ lakhs on a VW hatchback. But if Honda comes with a powerful RS version, I am sure many would fancy that. Moreover, like u said, price is secondary in the "hot-hatch" segment. It is more of building up the brand image.
+1 to the above points by Doc & Vigkey. As vigkey mentioned in an earlier post, they have the engine, they have the car, they just have to put the 1.5L engine in the Jazz body. Not an automobile expert but I am sure it would not be very difficult to manage that, few changes would be needed but then you create a new hot hatch segment which has a demand, limited yes but a demand all the same.
Old 24th February 2015, 08:45   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

India built Jazz shipments in full swing to SA - India launch next!

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-bje2axcqaawtdc.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...50478127095810
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 10:27   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
+1 to the above points by Doc & Vigkey. As vigkey mentioned in an earlier post, they have the engine, they have the car, they just have to put the 1.5L engine in the Jazz body. Not an automobile expert but I am sure it would not be very difficult to manage that, few changes would be needed but then you create a new hot hatch segment which has a demand, limited yes but a demand all the same.
They do not even need the minor changes to plonk the 1.5L i-Vtec engine into the Jazz, dosen't the Jazz sold in Japan or Thailand already have this engine option? The only hindrance in introducing that in the Indian market should be the cost involved in homologation of that variant and maintaining an inventory for that variant. Even spares should not be an issue, as City & Mobilio have that engine option already.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:32   #785
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Very correct, Satyaanveshi. I was referring to the Jazz which was in the market in early 2011 (even before the announcement about price cut had been received). It did not have electrically folding ORVMs then (in-fact that salesman had tried to dismiss that as a not-of-use-but-fancy feature saying that the motors break and it is not durable hence manual is the preferred choice). Likewise for height adjustment which was not there.

In later stages (post price cut if memory serves me right) the electric folding ORVM were introduced as was height adjustment along with a few other features.
Only the electronic folding ORVM where is missing the prefacelift model.The seat height adjustment where present in Jazz X even before facelift.

The 2011 facelifted Jazz X had both.
Old 24th February 2015, 16:28   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Only the electronic folding ORVM where is missing the prefacelift model.The seat height adjustment where present in Jazz X even before facelift.

The 2011 facelifted Jazz X had both.
My bad, thanks for pointing out the error @aim120. Jazz X which was launched in mid 2010, IIRC, did indeed have seat height adjustment as standard but this was not present in the previous models. I think when we were in the market for a car and test drove the Jazz (around mid 2010 itself) we did so on the non Jazz-X variant, which did not have the height adjustment and that memory stayed with me
Old 24th February 2015, 22:30   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally Honda seems to be preparing launch of Jazz in India..
Latest reports still holds a June/July launch date.

Update on the diesel variants -
Quote:
Honda Jazz diesel is believed to launch in five variants – EMT, SMT, SVMT, VMT and VXMT
http://www.rushlane.com/honda-jazz-d...medium=twitter
Old 24th February 2015, 22:58   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Latest reports still holds a June/July launch date.

Update on the diesel variants -

http://www.rushlane.com/honda-jazz-d...medium=twitter
Sir, I guess the rushlane link mentions a launch by mid-2015 and that means before June, which IMO is still very far away

However, a comment in the article interested me more than the article itself.

Name:  Jazz_prebooking.png
Views: 3468
Size:  14.0 KB

The comment mentions that Dakshin Honda Bangalore has started accepting pre-booking for Jazz. While the authenticity of this comment cannot be confirmed, if he is true, there are two possibilities.
1. Dakshin Honda is taking the prospective customers for a ride by unofficially (and illegally) taking the pre-booking amount (for which they will get interest until Jazz is launched).
2. Dakshin Honda has is clearly aware of the launch which is pretty close (probably because their staff was sent for training).
Guess we should also try contacting Dakshin Honda and probably other Honda dealers in the city and enquire regarding this.
Old 25th February 2015, 08:18   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz will finally make its production debut in Geneva - will go on sale this summer in Europe.

Quote:
When it goes on sale in Europe this summer, the third generation of Honda's practical B-segment car will be offered initially with a 1.3-liter VTEC petrol engine delivering 102PS (101hp) at 6,000 rpm, paired to a new six-speed manual
A hybrid version with a 1.5-liter engine and an electric motor producing over 130hp is expected to join the range later in the year or in early 2016.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/eur...l-finally.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 10:56   #790
BHPian

Quote:
However, a comment in the article interested me more than the article itself.
Friends, I tried to comment on the rushlane link yesterday and got a response from the person who put in the earlier comment. Again, not sure of the authenticity of the information provided.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_prebook.png

Interestingly the person says that he has paid 21k as pre-booking amount to Dakshin Honda who have not really disclosed the launch date. However, the poster is speculating an April delivery

I have mailed my queries to various dealers in Bangalore and awaiting their response / calls. Will keep the forum posted on the developments. I feel this is getting interesting

Last edited by Vigkey : 25th February 2015 at 11:02.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 15:43   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
=Vigkey;3652044...[A...
Launch of Jazz again points to a June/July time frame as per tweet from ACI, to a specific question on the release of Jazz.

Maybe they will look at the 'S Cross' pricing before deciding the launch date!

https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...88050129018880

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2015 at 15:47.
Old 25th February 2015, 17:19   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launch of Jazz again points to a June/July time frame as per tweet from ACI, to a specific question on the release of Jazz.

Maybe they will look at the 'S Cross' pricing before deciding the launch date!
Oops. Didnt know about the tweet before but if true, June / July is too late.

I mean, for what all are Honda waiting? S-Cross pricing now, then iX25 will come, then another new car will come, if they are waiting to decide the price based on a car from competition (especially different segments), they are never gonna launch the car. New cars will keep coming one by one. Elite i20 came in, now i20 Active is coming, Punto T-Jet will come, Maruti's premium hatchback will come and IIRC, Jazz was production ready well before all these and Honda is losing all the advantage it could have got, if launched earlier.
Old 25th February 2015, 17:32   #793
@KP
BHPian

Quote:

I mean, for what all are Honda waiting? S-Cross pricing now, then iX25 will come, then another new car will come, if they are waiting to decide the price based on a car from competition (especially different segments), they are never gonna launch the car. New cars will keep coming one by one. Elite i20 came in, now i20 Active is coming, Punto T-Jet will come, Maruti's premium hatchback will come and IIRC, Jazz was production ready well before all these and Honda is losing all the advantage it could have got, if launched earlier.
+1 to this. I can understand waiting for Union Budget to understand tax implications but waiting for launch of other cars is not something I really understand. It will be a never-ending wait.

If someone in Honda is listening, my message for them --- "Launch it now with same or even similar specs of SA-bound Jazz and you have a sure-shot winner in your hands"
Old 26th February 2015, 14:56   #794
BHPian

Not sure if the problem with Takata airbags is causing a delay in Jazz release technically.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...teps-down.html

Not even sure if Jazz is using these airbags..
Could someone knowledgeable comment on this?
Old 26th February 2015, 17:32   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
If someone in Honda is listening, my message for them --- "Launch it now with same or even similar specs of SA-bound Jazz and you have a sure-shot winner in your hands"
To add to that, many customers have been waiting for Jazz for almost an year and they may not wait any longer, especially if there is no news of Jazz even after the Union Budget. People will slowly move on to i20 or Polo and Honda will incidentally lose more customers than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Not sure if the problem with Takata airbags is causing a delay in Jazz release technically.

Not even sure if Jazz is using these airbags..
Could someone knowledgeable comment on this?
Technically it shouldn't, unless they are having different brand of airbags for the Indian and South African Jazz (i.e. Takata for India and some other brand for South Africa).

Since the South African Jazz is in production from the Tapukara plant and it has same / better safety options than what the Indian version would have, I don't really think that is the issue.

Most probable and meaningful reason for delay will be Honda's wait for Union Budget and to price the car accordingly. Otherwise, waiting for this car to be released and for that car to be released is all non-sense to me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks