Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 11:14   #796
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Just called up Dakshin Honda in Bangalore. Lavelle Road showroom executive said they are accepting Rs.30000 as pre booking amount( not 21k apparently.. at least now).Launch is expected around April last week or May 1st week.
Hosur road Dakshin Honda executive said car is going to be launched in May-June!

I dont think I can wait that long. Would rather go with Maruti YRA since that is expected to be going to be launched earlier. Not my first choice of car but May June launch is crazy dates by Honda people.

Last edited by raptor3624 : 27th February 2015 at 11:16.
raptor3624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 11:59   #797
@KP
BHPian

Wonder why this difference among dealers. None of the dealers in Hyderabad are accepting any bookings / pre-bookings. I guess B'lore dealers have some edge over here

But good thing is, now they are not denying the launch. Previously they used to say "no, sir there is no news of launch" or "it will not get launched". Now they say - "It is going to get launched shortly sir, will call you when we get confirmed news!!"
Old 27th February 2015, 12:25   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
Just called up Dakshin Honda in Bangalore. Lavelle Road showroom executive said they are accepting Rs.30000 as pre booking amount( not 21k apparently.. at least now).Launch is expected around April last week or May 1st week.
Hosur road Dakshin Honda executive said car is going to be launched in May-June!

I dont think I can wait that long. Would rather go with Maruti YRA since that is expected to be going to be launched earlier. Not my first choice of car but May June launch is crazy dates by Honda people.
Buddy, I spoke to the guys at the same Dakshin Honda Lavelle Road and I got a different response. The executive, a lady, confirmed that they were taking booking earlier but have stopped now. They will resume booking in March once "they" get a clear picture of the variants and colors. She also told me that they expect the launch to be in April.

Now with each executive and showroom telling contradicting answers, IMO, we should not go and plonk our money (pre-booking amount) until there is any official word on these.

Do you think YRA will be launched before June?? They already have S-Cross lined up for April / May launch and YRA so soon?? I doubt. But we have the i20 Active coming up next month, with more equipment and hopefully a better HU with Navigation
Old 27th February 2015, 13:11   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

Do you think YRA will be launched before June?? They already have S-Cross lined up for April / May launch and YRA so soon?? I doubt. But we have the i20 Active coming up next month, with more equipment and hopefully a better HU with Navigation
S-cross has hit a minor block in the name to be used as it seems S-cross name is already registered so it may be called as Across or CrossA :-)

http://www.carwale.com/news/17818-ma...x4-scross.html

I am just waiting for YRA, since I love Swift except for its tiny boot, hopefully YRA fixes that problem without altering the dynamics too much! And ofcourse it is better to have as many cars in the market to make that choice if one is not in a hurry :-)
Old 2nd March 2015, 11:14   #800
@KP
BHPian

Here you go... i20 Active is launching on 17th March

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...2015-15332.htm
Old 5th March 2015, 13:53   #801
BHPian

Hi Guys, An update from a friend in a different forum. And not really a good news for all of us waiting for Jazz. Looks like we might have to move on to other available and realistic options.

Quote:
Update from Honda Cars India (Greater Noida)

Friends,

I visited the HCI at Greater Noida today and spoke to the C.R Officials there and at present there is no clear cut info given on the upcoming Jazz. The tentative period of launch is still "June or July-2015". The parent company has not issued any formal communication to the Indian division about the details of the upcoming Jazz so far and neither the sales team at H.C.I has info on the same.

The team of H.C.I is also gathering info from the various automotive websites. We all can wait for Honda to spill the beans from their end on the India Specific Jazz model's launch. At present the info present on the web and with HCI is only of the export version of Jazz. The HCI officials have however assured that prior to launch, the media shall be informed and the details shall be published accordingly.
Thanks Akash for the info.

With No clear cut info on the launch and with even June / July not a certainty how much sense does it make waiting for this car? I dont really have an answer.

Considering the fact that Honda has an installed capacity of 20k cars per month and are already making around 18k cars (including export) per month, how soon will they be able to squeeze in Jazz?? Is that the REAL reason why they are not launching Jazz??
Old 9th March 2015, 16:20   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

For all prospective Jazz buyers, you will have to wait a bit longer than you expected, if reports from ACI are true, expecting in high waiting periods for the hatch since the waiting periods for other models are growing and as such not geared up for release.

IMO, cost reasons and the release of S Cross ( April/June) could be another dimension to the delay in release.

Quote:
Honda has delayed the launch of the new Jazz in our market. The Japanese carmaker had earlier confirmed the launch of the new Jazz this month; however, our source tells us that it will only go on sale around June
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-393774.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th March 2015 at 16:30.
Old 9th March 2015, 17:18   #803
Senior - BHPian

So Honda is doing a Fiat here! Due to the delay time and again, I can only imagine how many prospective buyers has the Jazz lost to its competitors - the Elite i20 and Swift are selling in 5 digits. They better start their marketing campaigns to create a buzz for the Jazz soon, to keep the interest alive.

The first gen Jazz was a market dud. I had expected Honda to do it right this time around.
Old 10th March 2015, 10:09   #804
Senior - BHPian

One thing I don't understand is the reasoning of S-Cross launch/prices for the delay of Jazz launch. The S-Cross is a whole different segment compared to the Jazz, why would that delay the pricing/launch of Jazz in India?

The only thing that makes sense is the production constraints experienced by Honda. They are running full already I suppose and will have to make adjustments to fit Jazz into the line up as well.

They definitely need a new product to stay fresh and fight with Hyundai on the premium hatch segment.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 10:36   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
One thing I don't understand is the reasoning of S-Cross launch/prices for the delay of Jazz launch. The S-Cross is a whole different segment compared to the Jazz, why would that delay the pricing/launch of Jazz in India?

The only thing that makes sense is the production constraints experienced by Honda. They are running full already I suppose and will have to make adjustments to fit Jazz into the line up as well.

They definitely need a new product to stay fresh and fight with Hyundai on the premium hatch segment.
It is going to be A real *Fit*ting job (pun intended) indeed. I agree that S-cross release
can't be a possible reason for holding up Jazz release. Honda did this delay earlier too accommodating other vehicles in the line-up in favor of Jazz. This time mostly for the City?

What crap...
Old 10th March 2015, 11:00   #806
@KP
BHPian

I don't think its the launch of S-Cross that's causing this delay. Its more of production bandwidth issue which is causing this delay I guess.
Old 10th March 2015, 12:08   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post

Ive been telling the same for a long time. S-Cross launch has NOTHING (or ideally should have nothing) to do with the Jazz launch. Both are different segment falling in different price buckets and probably targeted at a different set of customers.

Coming to Honda, they have more issues to look at within themselves rather than looking at launches by competitors. Failure of Mobilio to take off due to over-optimistic pricing + Huge waiting for City and Amaze even after so long + No more capacity to produce more cars. If we notice carefully, Honda is producing around 18k cars per month when the maximum capacity itself is 20k. If Jazz is launched, the minimum monthly demand will be around 4-5k and they simply dont have the capacity to make so many cars. I simply feel they launched Mobilio at the wrong time. That was the ideal time to launch Jazz actually.

Now only God knows how they can manage to launch a new car without opening a new plant. They will have to compromise of City and Amaze productions to make Jazz, which will in-turn increase waiting for those cars and prospective customers will move to Ciaz and Zest and likes. So overall, Honda will end up losing more customers than gaining. Have to wait and watch how they deal with this. Seeing all these, even a June launch seems to be a rumor only.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 19:06   #808
BHPian

Right now, I am almost settled to book the SX(O) model of Hyundai Xcent. At the max, I can probably wait for a month more, but there is absolutely no idea if it'll even get officially announced by then. Carwale says Jazz is expected in April. And I absolutely don't know if I should wait until then. Currently Hyundai dealer is giving me 30K discount on the on-road price because of Gudi Padwa.
Old 17th March 2015, 19:44   #809
@KP
BHPian

^^ You will have to definitely wait for more than 1 month if you are looking at Jazz. There is a talk of HCI wanting to have a stock of around 5000 Jazz units before the launch.

Now, this will only happen (assuming they start production from Mar itself) in Jun, given that they can only produce 2000 additional units per month, from their max 20K production capacity (they are already producing 18K units - captive+export inclusive). So, you can do the math yourself to see a tentative launch date.

Last edited by @KP : 17th March 2015 at 19:46.
Old 18th March 2015, 12:25   #810
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Buddy, I spoke to the guys at the same Dakshin Honda Lavelle Road and I got a different response. The executive, a lady, confirmed that they were taking booking earlier but have stopped now. They will resume booking in March once "they" get a clear picture of the variants and colors. She also told me that they expect the launch to be in April.
Any update from the Dakshin Honda guys, Vigkey? Do we have any new scoop on this?

Last edited by @KP : 18th March 2015 at 12:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks