Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 15:23   #811
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Any update from the Dakshin Honda guys, Vigkey? Do we have any new scoop on this?
No KP. I've been busy with so many other stuff. So haven't followed up with then. Let me call them this weekend and I will update the forum. But to be frank, I don't expect anything seriously encouraging though. Sadly, most of the news and sources currently point to the same thing - launch not happening before June.
Old 18th March 2015, 22:01   #812
BHPian

Only 90 odd Jazz has been exported till date to South Africa and Seychelles. There are hundreds more which are manufactured and yet to be exported. Looks like the India wait will continue for 2 to 3 months.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz.png  

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 23:33   #813
Senior - BHPian

Export unit prices look quite competitive.
Also see a generous sprinkling of CVT models. Which I guess is logical, considering its booted elder brother, the City, comes witha slushbox option. But, then again, the CVT may be partnered only with the 1.5L for export markets, as they don't have the 1.2L & sub4m cap.

If these indicative export prices are anything to go by, possibly Honda is looking at a INR 4.5lac starting price, for base petrol, ex-Delhi?
Interesting!
Old 20th March 2015, 18:47   #814
BHPian

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426857361.525381.jpg

Just saw this at zigwheels.com
It is the last 3 lines that are the most interesting, I don't really think leather seats are that obvious, but if it does get that and sunroof as it mentions, then it will be the perfect car for me personally.
Old 20th March 2015, 21:30   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Only 90 odd Jazz has been exported till date to South Africa and Seychelles. There are hundreds more which are manufactured and yet to be exported. Looks like the India wait will continue for 2 to 3 months.
Damager21, Looks like you took the screenshot as the data was being loaded into Zauba. I can find many more here (picture below). Almost 480 exported to South Africa and 16 to Seychelles. That makes it around 500 pieces.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_export_sa.png

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_export_sy.png

But if the spy pics are to be believed, there were 1000s of Jazzs manufactured and ready to be dispatched. Or is Honda manufacturing Jazz for India and Africa together and stocking it to launch in India around June? This will help them smoothen thee wait times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Export unit prices look quite competitive.
Also see a generous sprinkling of CVT models. Which I guess is logical, considering its booted elder brother, the City, comes witha slushbox option. But, then again, the CVT may be partnered only with the 1.5L for export markets, as they don't have the 1.2L & sub4m cap.

If these indicative export prices are anything to go by, possibly Honda is looking at a INR 4.5lac starting price, for base petrol, ex-Delhi?
Interesting!
I dont think we should read too much into these prices. I had posted a picture earlier where the E, S, SV and VX variants exported to Japan were having the same price. Also VX model having different prices when exported on different days. Going by that I am not really sure if the prices mentioned for export to South Africa will point towards the Indian prices as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Attachment 1351449

Just saw this at zigwheels.com
It is the last 3 lines that are the most interesting, I don't really think leather seats are that obvious, but if it does get that and sunroof as it mentions, then it will be the perfect car for me personally.
Hey Akhil, I too saw this so-called review (really? it is not even a news and they shamelessly post it as a review). All that mentioned in this post was purely speculative. They have clubbed in various features in Fit / Jazz in various markets and put it in this post. Honda is not giving soft-touch materials in City. To expect that in Jazz is too much IMO. If they Sun-roof and Leather seats in the top variant, the price will come close to a million and it will NEVER take off. To be frank, I would love to have all those features in the Jazz but then, I seriously felt the Zigwheels review was totally non-sense.

Last edited by Vigkey : 20th March 2015 at 21:31.
Old 20th March 2015, 21:41   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey Akhil, I too saw this so-called review (really? it is not even a news and they shamelessly post it as a review). All that mentioned in this post was purely speculative. They have clubbed in various features in Fit / Jazz in various markets and put it in this post. Honda is not giving soft-touch materials in City. To expect that in Jazz is too much IMO. If they Sun-roof and Leather seats in the top variant, the price will come close to a million and it will NEVER take off. To be frank, I would love to have all those features in the Jazz but then, I seriously felt the Zigwheels review was totally non-sense.
I know , it was a pathetic piece, but AFAIK, they test drove the one displayed in Geneva, where the display cars are closely specced to the Indian variants. Like we have seen international variants coming with cruise control and blind spot detection, which won't be carried forward to India. But I do hope we get the sunroof It would sort of complete the look. And they can delete the cruise control as compared to the South African models.
Old 20th March 2015, 23:30   #817
Team-BHP Support

2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Quote:
And they can delete the cruise control as compared to the South African models.
Cruise control is a far more useful feature than sunroof for our market. The only reason I would pick a City over its competition (Ciaz) is for the cruise control. Sunroof as a feature is nice to have, but cruise control is a must have for those who hit the highways often. I did four 800km solo drives this year and my right leg was begging for some mercy.

It won't cost them much since the City already has this feature.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 00:52   #818
BHPian

Quote:
I know , it was a pathetic piece, but AFAIK, they test drove the one displayed in Geneva, where the display cars are closely specced to the Indian variants. Like we have seen international variants coming with cruise control and blind spot detection, which won't be carried forward to India. But I do hope we get the sunroof It would sort of complete the look. And they can delete the cruise control as compared to the South African models.
Blind spot detection is a very useful feature, especially in India, but I dont see it coming to India though. However, cruise control will be a very useful feature. Also have an auto box with Cruise Control, will be a perfect drive in both City and Highways. Sunroof will make the car more fancy but the usefulness is questionable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Cruise control is a far more useful feature than sunroof for our market. The only reason I would pick a City over its competition (Ciaz) is for the cruise control. Sunroof as a feature is nice to have, but cruise control is a must have for those who hit the highways often.
Wow CD, you stole my words. Even I consider Cruise Control as a must have feature in cars especially for people who hit the highways often. Sunroof is a nice-to-have fancy feature for me.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 00:58   #819
BHPian

They might be more useful features, but they will add more to the cost of a car than a sunroof, hence pushing it closer to the City.
Blind spot detection is radar based but the frequency on which it works is restricted by the Indian government.
And mostly people who get hatchbacks, are more city driving people and to use CC, in India, one needs an exceptional expressway not the regular highways with people jumping out of all corners.
Old 22nd March 2015, 01:13   #820
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sunroof costs far more compared to adding a cruise control which only requires a few switches.The steering mounted Honda OEM cruise control switch gear costs around 2k INR (price in thailand 2012) ,then there is the switch/sensor for the clutch pedal which cancels cruise when you press the clutch and ECU must be programmed to keep this in mind.

Again the cruise control is far more useful then having a sunroof.
Old 27th March 2015, 15:54   #821
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-i...tapukara-plant

If I understand correctly, Honda will not be able to launch Jazz until this expanded production capacity is live.

As of now their production capacity of 20k cars per month is almost fully utilized now (local + export stood at 18k in Feb). This additional 5k per month or reduction in production of existing models is necessary to launch Jazz - even if the demand is as less as 3-4k per month. If we see, demand for Brio and Mobilio is not much - so if Honda wants to launch Jazz before mid 2016, they should cut down production of Brio and Mobilio.

Anyways, from a personal standpoint, I am not very bothered about the launch of Jazz now - primarily because I have postponed my purchase plan by at least 5-6 months.
Old 13th April 2015, 19:59   #822
BHPian

Came across this article regarding possible launch of Honda Fit Twist in Brazil in 2016. The 'cross' version of the Jazz looks more well thought of than the i20 Active. The new exterior features will include skid plates in the front and rear bumper, plastic cladding on all sides, raised ground clearance, roof rails, sportier alloy wheel design, new grille, smoked headlamps, and raised ground clearance.

Read more at http://www.rushlane.com/honda-jazz-c...ZEOV92OSic6.99

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428935259.291712.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428935274.422062.jpg
Vhruday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 17:58   #823
BHPian

Any news of the Honda Jazz launch? I am sitting in the fence since October (after cancelling my i20 booking) and the patience is giving way. April-May was the expected timeline but there's still no news about the same. By delaying the car I believe Honda is losing a lot of customers to the i20 and i20 active.
Old 14th April 2015, 18:59   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Any news of the Honda Jazz launch? I am sitting in the fence since October (after cancelling my i20 booking) and the patience is giving way. April-May was the expected timeline but there's still no news about the same. By delaying the car I believe Honda is losing a lot of customers to the i20 and i20 active.
No concrete news on Jazz till this moment ToyotaFan!!. However, after a long time Jazz featured in Honda's official press release when they said "We are excited about the upcoming launch of Honda Jazz in the new fiscal and look forward to another year of good growth". Only God know when in this fiscal they are going to launch. Another thing I noticed is the (old) Jazz related links in Honda website archive are now removed. This happened only in the last couple of weeks. Probably they are readying the web-pages for the new Jazz. PURE SPECULATION from my end.

And Yes, you are not alone. I started my car buying plan in Jan / Feb 2014 and wanted to buy one at least by Oct 2014. Even before Auto Expo 2014, Jazz had caught my attention and I wanted to see it before I made a final decision. I waited for an year till end of Jan 2015 and dejected, was planning to book i20 in Feb, which was the next best alternative to me but my heart always said Jazz

However thankfully, around mid-Feb my priorities changed and I had to park the car buying for some time. Now I have a 3-4 months when I will be back in market. Hope Jazz is available for sale at least by then.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 12:39   #825
BHPian

The many news articles on web that I have read are speculating a June-July launch for the Jazz. I too am waiting to upgrade from my seven year old Swift. Hope Honda does not delay the launch further.
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks