Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2015, 20:07   #1201
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
That looks like a usb type C
For anyone not in the know, that is the new reversible high speed and high amperage USB Connector.
It shows a symbol of a mic below it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 20:11   #1202
BHPian

I also observe a difference in the interior color scheme for roof and A/B/C pillars -
1. For the VX model (which has black upholstery), the plastics and roof lining material is whitish/grey in color.
2. For the non VX Models (which has beige upholstery), the plastics and roof lining material is beige in color.

Name:  Interior_01.png
Views: 4346
Size:  466.6 KB

Name:  Interior_02.png
Views: 4492
Size:  709.7 KB
Old 10th June 2015, 20:12   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My bad. Was hoping for too much.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2015 at 08:44. Reason: Mentioned the quoted post.
braindead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 21:09   #1204
BHPian

Everyone is stating that the i-Dtec gets the gearbox from the City (6 Speed), I haven't seen a single image that shows the 6 speed gear lever. All are either 5 speed or CVT. Am I missing something?
Old 10th June 2015, 21:23   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. Does Honda seriously think they can outdo the i20 with this?
I was also hoping for much more with the delayed launch. Expected atleast that they would have improved on the fit and finish or even the noisy engine. This is more in competition with the Swift than i20. Hoping they atleast get the pricing right.

Last edited by prithvibelli : 10th June 2015 at 21:44.
prithvibelli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 21:49   #1206
BHPian

Overdrive's first drive report claims there are two wheel size options !! I find it hard to digest this since most of the pics clearly shows the wheel size as 175/65/R15. Are we missing something here or is it mistake in Overdrive's report? Is Honda trying to do something like in the Swift where the top end model gets 185 section tires ?

Source: http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-hon...-drive-review/
Old 10th June 2015, 21:56   #1207
BHPian

Some wonderful snaps shared by auto jurnos on Twitter

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz2.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz3.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz4.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz5.jpg
Name:  Jazz6.png
Views: 3937
Size:  896.4 KB
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz7.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz8.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz9.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz11.jpg

Noticed one more difference between VX and V variant. VX variant comes with mud flaps while its missing in V.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-mud-flaps.png
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 22:54   #1208
BHPian

I know one can't pass judgment based on photographs alone, but the interiors look really cheap. I guess we'll know when the team bhp review comes out,but the interior finish doesn't look like it should on a premium hatchback.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2015 at 00:14. Reason: minor formatting
Old 10th June 2015, 23:52   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Maybe I am remembering it wrong, but wasn't there an issue with phone call voice pickup and quality with the mid versions of the Honda City due to the mic being placed on the head-unit (like on the Jazz pic) instead of on the roof like it was in the top 2 variants (which did not have the issue)?

If so, that is pretty disappointing on Honda to palm off that stuff to Jazz users.
Old 11th June 2015, 00:11   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
For anyone not in the know, that is the new reversible high speed and high amperage USB Connector.
Haha. Braindear, I would bet on my life that Honda would not have provided anything close to what you have expected. That was way too much to hope for

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibelli View Post
Quote:
Same here. Does Honda seriously think they can outdo the i20 with this?
I was also hoping for much more with the delayed launch. Expected atleast that they would have improved on the fit and finish or even the noisy engine. This is more in competition with the Swift than i20. Hoping they atleast get the pricing right.
Hi Prithvi, Braindead's above comment was a response to his own post which I have quoted above. I do not think it was a comment made at the car. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and I totally respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Overdrive's first drive report claims there are two wheel size options !! I find it hard to digest this since most of the pics clearly shows the wheel size as 175/65/R15. Are we missing something here or is it mistake in Overdrive's report? Is Honda trying to do something like in the Swift where the top end model gets 185 section tires ?
Viju, I will not totally believe Overdrive's comment on tire size options. Their review had other inaccuracies also - like the mention about LED tail lamps. Their review is based on the V variant and I guess they are making some random guesses on the VX variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Maybe I am remembering it wrong, but wasn't there an issue with phone call voice pickup and quality with the mid versions of the Honda City due to the mic being placed on the head-unit (like on the Jazz pic) instead of on the roof like it was in the top 2 variants (which did not have the issue)?

If so, that is pretty disappointing on Honda to palm off that stuff to Jazz users.
It might be too early to comment from my end without seeing the car, but let me risk it. The mic in the HU might not be for bluetooth telephony but for voice-commanding or voice recording. Since this unit is from Ciity's VX(O) and that has a separate mic for bluetooth telephony, I hope it is carried over to Jazz. Team-BHP review will clear all these doubts.

However, I am totally disappointed how the wires for USB, iPod and Aux connections are placed in the glove-box. Looks totally after-market. If these can be integrated below the ACC for V variant, why not for VX?? Very lazy and bad from Honda.

None of the pictures bothered to check below the front seats - to check if there are AC vents from below them. I guess only our guys will do such detailed reviews. Eagerly waiting for the detailed review from our Mods - only they give the most comprehensive ever-detailed reviews!!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2015 at 05:53. Reason: Smileys. Please limit them to 2 per post!
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 00:55   #1211
BHPian

fat chance of getting a USB C port in a car which does not come with built in blue tooth support

Quote:
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 08:38   #1212
BHPian

It is confirmed that the Automatic variant does not get fold flat magic seats? If it is the case, it will be such a big disappointment for me. I have been dreaming of replacing my wagon R with the Jazz as I have 4 dogs and I carry them for training to various places. The fold flat magic seats was a big attraction for me. Also as I am getting lazier, I want to get an automatic transmission. I am saddened by this development of Automatic variant not having magic seats :(
Old 11th June 2015, 09:09   #1213
BHPian

Did Team-BHP participate in this test drive? When will the official Team-BHP report on Jazz be published?
Old 11th June 2015, 09:17   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
It is confirmed that the Automatic variant does not get fold flat magic seats? If it is the case, it will be such a big disappointment for me. I have been dreaming of replacing my wagon R with the Jazz as I have 4 dogs and I carry them for training to various places. The fold flat magic seats was a big attraction for me. Also as I am getting lazier, I want to get an automatic transmission. I am saddened by this development of Automatic variant not having magic seats :(
Don't get disappointed. I think the V AT should definitely have the magic seats for sure.

It is clear that, instead of focusing on the engine refinement, Honda has focused on the mileage. I guess it makes business sense. The 6th gear is a great move from Honda and a now the I20 doesn't have that advantage any more and also it differentiates the Jazz from the Amaze. Also, it's very clear that Jazz will be positioned above the Amaze. Interesting times ahead!

I saw there is some disappointment about the interior quality. I personally feel it will be at par with City as Honda will definitely make sure the Jazz and City are sharing parts. So, if the interiors of the City are acceptable in a higher segment, shouldn't it be fine for the Jazz? Another thing I have observed - in general, people find the interiors of the new City very attractive compared to something like a Vento. I guess people fall more for the bling than the quality.

About the audio system in the VX, is the same unit present in the City? If so, can someone comment on the arrangement for the USB/AUX etc?

I sincerely hope Honda offers the armrest as an option at least since there is ample space for it. Not sure if the I20 offers the same but not many cars in the segment offer an armrest..

Last edited by adimicra : 11th June 2015 at 09:25.
Old 11th June 2015, 09:48   #1215
BHPian

The specifications out now Honda has taken the game further in FE department. It delivers an astounding 27.3 kmpl and IMHO this is gone be a decision making point when compared with i20 which delivers around 20 kmpl. Having Indian mindset in view Honda has gone for the mileage and drivability factor.
It is generously equipped and provides superb magic seats. The quality of interiors would be acceptable and even if it is par with swift (which sells like hotcakes) backed by good after sales service. If the pricing for the top variant is close to 8.5 lacs( ex-showroom) honda has definitely got a winner in their hands. Surely it will make a dent for honda in the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

About the audio system in the VX, is the same unit present in the City? If so, can someone comment on the arrangement for the USB/AUX etc?

I sincerely hope Honda offers the armrest as an option at least since there is ample space for it. Not sure if the I20 offers the same but not many cars in the segment offer an armrest..
If honda doesn't provide armrest there are plenty of aftermarket options available.Check the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/popular/ho...t-armrest.html
The usb/aux is provided in the glovebox via the multi-link cable that allows you to attach an ipod, usb and aux. It doesn't contain the usb port below the acc.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazz1.2vxmtconnectorsindia900x596.jpg  

Last edited by sunilsoft : 11th June 2015 at 09:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks