Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 10:42   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

The biggest drums Honda India's marketing team would be beating, is the high fuel-efficiency figure of the Jazz diesel.

The 2014 Honda City ads had the 26 kmpl-figure highlighted in all of them, and I am sure it will be the same case all over again.

From all the information gathered till now, I see quite a few USPs of the Jazz already:
  1. High fuel efficiency of the diesel, possibly highest in segment.
  2. 6" Touchscreen Audio-Visual-Navigation system. (first in segment?)
  3. Touchscreen Automatic Climate Control. (first in segment)
  4. Magic Seats. (first in segment)
  5. Paddle Shifters. (first in segment)
  6. "Eco" light indicators in speedometer. (first in segment)
  7. Huge Boot Area, possibly biggest boot in segment.
  8. Transmission and engine specs similar to the Honda City.
  9. Reclining rear seat. (first in segment)
  10. Largest in-cabin space in the segment.
  11. Possibly highest power figures in the segment.
We might see one or two other unique features such as heat-absorbing front windshield (as available in the Amaze), but the biggest and most crucial factor for the Jazz's sales will be it's pricing. I hope Honda has taken a big lesson from the Mobilio's drastic over-pricing during launch, and they don't get too greedy while pricing the Jazz initially.

A starting price of 5 lacs can be easily achieved for the Jazz E MT petrol, considering the amount of cost-cutting and deleted features the starting variant will come with.

5 lacs - 7 lacs for the petrols, and 6 lacs - 8 lacs for the diesels seems to be just right.

Happy days ahead for Honda, if they price it just right, AND if the Indian market accepts the Jazz in it's second iteration with revised pricing. (Remember what happened to the Ford Fiesta?)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 10:55   #1217
BHPian

Sorry for the off topic post, but I notice that the City/Jazz have been receiving a lot of flak for their interior quality.

Well I own a 2009 City and have extensively driven my cousin's 2015 model (petrol SV MT) and I found the interior quality to be pretty good.

Comparing it to others in its segment, I've had experiences with a Ciaz and Vento, and while the VW is definitely more solidly built, I found the Ciaz and City to be pretty evenly matched.

Coming to the Jazz, I'm pretty sure that it'll match up to the quality levels of its sedan counterpart and IMO that is pretty good for its segment. The only cars in its segment that are probably better built are the Polo and I20 (and maybe the Micra, have heard about it, not sure).

It seems to be loaded with features, is very practical and apparently drives pretty well too.

The only things that disturb me are the skinny tyres and the noisy diesel. Again I'm not sure about the noise levels, but if t is on par with the polo, I have no complaints, and if priced properly I can't see why it can't sell 4-6k every month.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 11:00   #1218
BHPian

Just read on IndianAutosBlog

Honda Cars India confirmed to Indian Autos Blog that official bookings for the 2015 Honda Jazz will commence at around the 20th of June. The brand has also confirmed the national launch for July 8, 2015.

Complete specifications and review of the car will be published on June 13.
Old 11th June 2015, 11:23   #1219
BANNED

A serious competitor to the Elite i20, if priced right. People looking for options outside of Maruti has a good alternative here. Let's wait and see how it turns out to be.
Old 11th June 2015, 12:00   #1220
BHPian

Looks like the second round of media drive is happening today. Guys from Motorbeam, Rushlane, Cardekho, etc are driving today based on the twitter feeds. I am sure our guys managed to drive yesterday itself and are now readying the ever-detailed review. One request to our Mods is to check the presence of under-seat AC vents for the rear bench.

Going by the Shifting-gears review, it mentions that Jazz will get key-less entry with request sensors on the front door handles. I suspect this to be a mere speculation by them?? None of the media pics / spy pics show the presence of a request sensor though. This adds to the list of contradictions like R16 tires in VX (IAB and OD), LED tail lights (OD). Is it that we are missing something / Honda is hiding something or some reviewers in the haste of posting the review, give wrong information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
fat chance of getting a USB C port in a car which does not come with built in blue tooth support
Bhodrolok, do you mean Jazz does not have Bluetooth support?? If I understand correctly, the car's HU can pair phones and it features Bluetooth telephony - it even has buttons on the steering to accept calls. Since it can pair phones and make calls, I am sure it can sync music as well. Not sure if I am missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
It is confirmed that the Automatic variant does not get fold flat magic seats? If it is the case, it will be such a big disappointment for me. I have been dreaming of replacing my wagon R with the Jazz as I have 4 dogs and I carry them for training to various places. The fold flat magic seats was a big attraction for me. Also as I am getting lazier, I want to get an automatic transmission. I am saddened by this development of Automatic variant not having magic seats :(
Going by the looks, I guess, some features of magic seats (like the tall mode and long mode) might not be available for the V variant. Refresh mode is definitely available. If I guess correctly, what you need most is the Utility mode.

But still I guess the rear bench as a whole can be folded (may not be real flat though). I mean, this is a standard feature available in most hatchbacks and not really a magic seat exclusive feature. So there is no need to worry if that is the feature you were looking for in magic seats.

Just to clarify, adding the Magic Seat Modes image below.

Name:  Jazz_Magic Seat Modes.png
Views: 7083
Size:  346.6 KB

Last edited by Vigkey : 11th June 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Added more queries
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 17:10   #1221
BHPian

Zig Wheels had published a high level review.

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...paign=TOInewHP

The detailed review is expected on Saturday as per the article. Hope the in depth Team BHP review will be published at the same time period.

Last edited by AshBabu : 11th June 2015 at 17:15.
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 17:37   #1222
BHPian

The third part of the series has been released on youtube by Honda.
Here is the link :
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 18:05   #1223
BHPian

I love Honda cars and I'm eagerly waiting for the Jazz diesel. By seeing the USP listed above it would definitely rule the segment if priced well. Honda I'm waiting.
Old 11th June 2015, 19:15   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar show tonight on Bloomberg TV- 10:30 pm will be airing the first look at New Jazz!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 19:26   #1225
BHPian

When Honda launched New City they promoted its tagline as "The Greater Drive". Looks like Honda will promote New Jazz with the tagline "It's for those who want it all".
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz4.jpg  

Old 11th June 2015, 19:55   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
L
Going by the looks, I guess, some features of magic seats (like the tall mode and long mode) might not be available for the V variant. Refresh mode is definitely available. If I guess correctly, what you need most is the Utility mode.

Attachment 1380721
The Refresh mode will also be marketed to the Chauffeur driven but looks like it is only to be used when the car is stationary.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-635696487953128477.png  

Old 11th June 2015, 21:03   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai already responding with touchscreen infotainment system with AVN for Elite I20.. exciting times ahead for the segment.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ly-395562.aspx
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:13   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hyundai already responding with touchscreen infotainment system with AVN for Elite I20.. exciting times ahead for the segment.

The only thing that Hyundai now needs to do is improve the steering feedback and i'll have absolutely no second thoughts about plonking my money on an i20 as, I found the Jazz to be lacklustre. The thing that'll seal the deal is the much anticipated review which would shed light on the 1.2 mill's behavior and the Jazz's handling. Surely, there are a plethora of contradicting reviews all around but, I'll stick with this forum's, thank you very much!

P.S. - The existing owners of the elite i20 would now feel cheated if, the news indeed is true and Hyundai upgrades the music system across all variants (or atleast Sportz onwards)

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 11th June 2015 at 21:33.
Old 11th June 2015, 21:22   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Can Hyundai club this update with also launching the i20 Diesel AT?

Anyway, the Touch screen HU looks smashing. Picture source: Internet.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-photo32.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:31   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Can Hyundai club this update with also launching the i20 Diesel AT?

Anyway, the Touch screen HU looks smashing. Picture source: Internet.
Whoa! With that gorgeous screen, the i20 would have one of the best cockpit experiences on offer! Hoping this isn't optional and they have things well planned for the lower variants too.

Must credit Honda for the inclusion of a 5" screen even on the lower variants when, even it's elder sister's (read: City) lower variants make do with a 3.5" one.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 11th June 2015 at 21:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks