Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 21:34   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

There was a time when Honda used to come up with the best interior design on their cars. The Civic when launched was miles ahead of the competition and even the last gen Jazz had an awesome interior design, quality and practicality.
I frankly feel the new gen Jazz and City has poor interior design (though it's an improvement over the last gen City which I felt was really poor). Here I am not even talking about the quality of the materials used. I think the VW Polo/Vento is probably the best in terms of material quality. Hyundai, on the other hand, are coming up with such nice interior designs even in their low-end cars. Probably, Honda needs to hire few designers from Hyundai.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:37   #1232
BHPian

Basis whatever reviews and comments we have read so far I thought Honda will be offering reverse camera only in VX variant. Surprisingly, in the V variant with diesel engine, I can see what looks like a reverse camera.

What is even more surprising is that in the snap of V variant with petrol engine I cannot spot the reverse camera. Is Honda betting big on diesel Jazz and hence loading it with more features as compared to petrol?

Following is V variant with petrol engine. No reverse camera can be seen
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-ivtec-v.jpg

Following is V variant with diesel engine just so that you can compare number plate with next snap.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-v-diesel.jpg

Following is the close up shoot of what looks like reverse camera
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-v.jpg
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 22:39   #1233
BHPian

Oh well, Jazz is already prompting Hyundai to make some changes in i20. That is good news, either ways. But then, I guess we are going way But since we are already on it, here are my 2 cents.
  1. We have no assurance that the Touch-screen HU provided for the European i20 will make it to the Indian i20 also. For a comparison, Honda offers much better touch-screen unit in the international version - but then Hyundai is not Honda and they might treat Indian buyers with more respect.
  2. Even if the same unit is chosen (or even if a different unit is used), I feel it will be offered in a new variant Asta (O)
    If they offer it in the current variants, they will have to increase the price by at least 15-20k for the new touch-screen HU which is light years ahead of the current basic system. Reasons being
    • Not the best time to increase price with Jazz launching
    • If they introduce this in the existing variants with no or minimum price increase, the existing customers will feel cheated and Hyundai will lose a bit of customer trust - also will give the market a clear cut impression that i20 was over-priced earlier for what it offered - Hyundai will not take such a risk

With regards to features in Jazz being different in petrol and diesel variants - I feel Honda should not discriminate buyers on the fuel preferences. It should be purely based on variant only. I hated the fact that ABS was standard in diesel Amaze but only select variants of petrol Amaze got them. Not the right way to treat the customers IMO. Especially with Honda not offering parking sensors, the reversing camera should be standard in at least V and VX irrespective of the fuel used.

With regards to the interior design - it is personal preference and I personally find the asymmetric dashboard layout in City and Jazz pretty attractive. In fact I like the Jazz's more than the City with the minimal use of silver inserts. I prefer this design over the older Jazz's funky design.

Last edited by Vigkey : 11th June 2015 at 22:42.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 22:52   #1234
BHPian

Here's a brief look at the Jazz... as mentioned in the video, the full review will be out on Saturday
Bhodrolok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 00:51   #1235
BHPian

This video shows that the auto gets proper magic seats, the avn, auto folding mirrors with indicators, and beidge interiors. Looks like a good offering to me, if only the wheels could be bigger, there could be an armrest provided for the auto variant at least and the seats came with leather this would have taken the car a notch higher than the i20. As i own an elite i20 and am also looking at the jazz as another car to dd to the family, the comparison levels are gonna run high on my mind
bigblackshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 03:06   #1236
BHPian

Looks like Honda is indeed giving LED tail lamps in the Jazz at least in V and VX variant. However, the interior plastic quality seems to be pretty ordinary from the ACI first impression video. Please find below the screen grabs from the video which features a V AT i-VTEC.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_led.png

I am really surprised that Honda offers not so important LED tail-lamps but does not offer a double barrel headlamp with projector low-beam. Obviously LED tail lamp unit is less expensive and is considered a fancy feature. But Honda would have been much more appreciated if they gave us the useful features like projector headlamps and magic seats across variants.
Old 12th June 2015, 06:32   #1237
Senior - BHPian

^^
@Vigkey: The plastic quality of interiors is same as the City. This has been mentioned in multiple online reviews.. Shouldn't that be good enough for the segment considering that people are lapping up the new City ?
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 08:53   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
This video shows that the auto gets proper magic seats, the avn, auto folding mirrors with indicators, and beidge interiors. Looks like a good offering to me, if only the wheels could be bigger, there could be an armrest provided for the auto variant at least and the seats came with leather this would have taken the car a notch higher than the i20. As i own an elite i20 and am also looking at the jazz as another car to dd to the family, the comparison levels are gonna run high on my mind

The editing is done in such a way that it feels as if the AT also gets the AVN system. But look closely when she is driving the car and you will see that there is only the 5" screen on those models and the touchscreen AVN is only visible for a short while when she talks about the diesel.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 10:57   #1239
@KP
BHPian

In my mind, the feature difference between VX (MT) and V (AT) should be such that the customer should have an option to get them added as optional and not like something which is built into the body. So, if the missing features are like magic seats, I would be very upset. If the missing features are more like missing touch-screen, reverse camera etc., then I am ok with that.

Am eagerly waiting for the "official" news from Honda and "official" review from TBHP
Old 12th June 2015, 12:01   #1240
BHPian

If you see the video properly, the AT does not have magic seats. The AT has Beige seats while Magic Seats were shown in black.

Anyways, i have it from a good source that 5 variants for petrol and diesel each.

Auto in S and V variants of petrol. VX gets magic seats, rest don't apparently.

I guess the difference in price will be for AVN and Magic Seats but i would've preferred a AT with all specs (i guess that would push price into City space so they have played around with that).
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:22   #1241
BHPian

Adjustable head restraints for the rear seats for the ALL BLACK interior variant!
And the puny fixed type ones for the Beige + Black one.
If you look at the video (not so) closely you can see them.
The one with all black interior makes more sense now.
Old 12th June 2015, 12:33   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
@Vigkey: The plastic quality of interiors is same as the City. This has been mentioned in multiple online reviews.. Shouldn't that be good enough for the segment considering that people are lapping up the new City ?
Oh well, if it is same as City's, it should be fine. I found City's plastic quality to be just adequate. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the dashboard plastic or the controls and buttons. The storage bin area near the handbrake is not borrowed from City, I guess and I think the plastic is too thin and of inferior quality - I might be wrong and will have to check in real to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I guess the difference in price will be for AVN and Magic Seats but i would've preferred a AT with all specs (i guess that would push price into City space so they have played around with that).
All said, V variant should also have got the full feature Magic Seats - especially since Automatic is not offered in VX. It is not a fancy feature like Sunroof and is actually Jazz's USP. Now offering the top-end automatic without the USP sounds a bit silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Adjustable head restraints for the rear seats for the ALL BLACK interior variant!
And the puny fixed type ones for the Beige + Black one.
If you look at the video (not so) closely you can see them.
The one with all black interior makes more sense now.
That is VX vs V my friend. VX gets all black interiors with full magic seat feature - only this variant gets adjustable head-restraints in the rear. V variant gets the beige seats and does not have full magic seat capability - this variant gets City-like soft pillow head restraints in the rear seat.
Old 12th June 2015, 15:39   #1243
BHPian

It will be interesting to see the choice between Polo GT TSI and the new Jazz petrol (in case it is offered with the 117BHP engine) CVT. Having test driven the City CVT and TSI, I think the Polo would still feel better to drive, but Jazz would have so many tempting features and space. The prices may be similar in the highest variants.
Old 12th June 2015, 16:12   #1244
BHPian

117 BHP Jazz? which version is that? Also the CVT would still make the Jazz a less fun car to drive comapred to the DSG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
It will be interesting to see the choice between Polo GT TSI and the new Jazz petrol (in case it is offered with the 117BHP engine) CVT.
Old 12th June 2015, 17:29   #1245
BHPian

Friends, any idea why the media cars are UP registered when it is widely believed that the cars were manufactured in Tapukara plant. If the cars were manufactured in Rajasthan shouldn't it have RJ registration?? Since the media drive was in Goa, it does not make much sense to take the cars from Rajasthan to Noida to register and then take it to Goa. Any possibility that Jazz production is shared between Noida and Tapukara??

On another note, looks like Honda is in a hurry to finish off the promotions via international films - the last one was hardly teased before the video was released. I guess we will get to see a new teaser or promo ad tomorrow. Probably the Jazz website with features and high-level specifications (without the variant wise spread) might also be available tomorrow around the same time the embargo will be lifted (2 pm, I guess). Any chances of getting the Team-BHP review tomorrow??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks