Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 20:13   #1336
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
What's the opinion of the previous gen Jazz owners about the 1.2L petrol engine? Is the drivability in city conditions good? Does it suffer from lack of power with a/c turned on? How does it perform on the highways?
I am owning Jazz for the last 6 years, one of the very first Jazz owners. Covered more than 60K. It was one of the most hassle free ownership experience I had. No rattles, no squeaks, no mechanical issues.

On the flip side, my family cribs that the back seat ride is bumpy. The first version which I have is a very upright rear seat which is not very comfortable.

Other than that no issues. It is a real pleasure to drive in cities, with its manoeuvrability. Even highways it is pretty good. But just like many other honda vehicles, you need to do quicker gear changes, but that is something you get used to fast.
bijujj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 10:38   #1337
BHPian

I would second the above. I have used my pre-owned Jazz for close to 5 years now. Have been very happy with the car, I have used the magic seats feature quite extensively to move different types of luggage.

Re engine, except for low speeds, it has been great for my use, which is a mix of city & highways.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:43   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Honda Jazz India page is live
http://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/
I guess Honda is testing the site, the link has been taken down.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-newjazz.jpg  

batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 11:47   #1339
BHPian

Spotted a white Jazz being offloaded this morning at Whitefield Honda, Whitefield, Bangalore.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 11:57   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

The Honda Jazz has reached my nearest Honda dealership.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_6275.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_6277.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_6276.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 12:13   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I guess Honda is testing the site, the link has been taken down.
Yes Batterylow, I grew suspicious when I did not find any reference to this website in Honda India website, their FB page or Twitter handle. In spite of the page looking fully ready, one reason for not launching the page could be below.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz_virtual_tour.png

Probably the virtual reality app is still under development / bug fixing.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 12:39   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
@Kat

About ride quality I just realised how great difference is made by the quality of tyres in use . From my Honda city experience the ride was a way more bumpy when it was with stock MRF tyres . When I changed to Michelin I was amazed how comfortable it could be.
When I went to the stockyard for a PDI for my Honda City-2012 iVTEC, I found the car wearing MRF tyres. Few other cars had Michelin. I was hell-bent on getting Michelin. As per my experience with MRF tyres goes, they tend to get hard overtime. This results in a lot of road noise. Michelin is till date performing well.

The pleasure of driving the iVTEC engine is when the road noise intrusion is as low as possible. You will then be able to here it "GROWL".
Old 17th June 2015, 13:05   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Spotted a white Jazz being offloaded this morning at Whitefield Honda, Whitefield, Bangalore.
Thanks black_rider for the information. Time to check it out, I guess - will visit them today or tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Honda Jazz has reached my nearest Honda dealership.
RavenAvi, any clue if these are display cars or test drive cars?? Why I ask is to understand if they will simply display the cars as of now for the prospective buyers to get a look and feel of it, but not let them drive till official launch - OR - if they are actually offering TD right from now itself. Any clue from your dealer on from when they are offering TDs??
Old 17th June 2015, 13:40   #1344
BHPian

Hi all,

I stay near stockyard of Magnum honda Bangalore. loads of Jazz getting unloaded daily. i have seen few silver and white one.

I spotted two trucks today which i think are Jazz again.

Launch is near i guess.
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 14:45   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Yes Batterylow, I grew suspicious when I did not find any reference to this website in Honda India website, their FB page or Twitter handle. In spite of the page looking fully ready, one reason for not launching the page could be below.

Attachment 1382857

Probably the virtual reality app is still under development / bug fixing.
I fed in my and dad's details and was expecting a call back anytime soon as, the Honda fellas are usually very prompt at responding. Have experienced that a lot many times in the past as well.

I get the drift now. Would need to hold on for a while as this was probably getting tested( and our patience too! )

I hate to admit but, she looks stunning in those pictures posted by RavenAvi. Wish she was adorned with 16 inch wheels as well, sigh!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 17th June 2015 at 14:50.
Old 17th June 2015, 14:59   #1346
BHPian

Jazz vs. i20 shootout posted by Motorbeam. Eagerly awaiting TeamBHP review

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/06/car...ut-comparison/
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzvshyundaii20review.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-18208323883_026dbb0a69.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-18641106960_def4311fe3.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-18823772382_6de0bbc913.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-18641268488_dddce98d43.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 17th June 2015 at 15:01.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 17:03   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
RavenAvi, any clue if these are display cars or test drive cars?? Why I ask is to understand if they will simply display the cars as of now for the prospective buyers to get a look and feel of it, but not let them drive till official launch - OR - if they are actually offering TD right from now itself. Any clue from your dealer on from when they are offering TDs??
There were 3 Jazzes in total, all hidden from the public's eyes in a secret section of the dealership.

2 of them will be on showroom display + immediate deliveries on/after launch day, while one will be retained as a TD car until they get an official one.

Test Drives will be available from the first week of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
I hate to admit but, she looks stunning in those pictures posted by RavenAvi. Wish she was adorned with 16 inch wheels as well, sigh!
The Jazz looked stunning. I must say the new Sunset Orange shade (the new facelifted XUV 500 also comes in a similar shade) looks fabulous and very rich on the new Jazz.

The alloys compliment the silhouette of the Jazz perfectly, although they resemble the ones on the new Swift to a T. The overall stance of the Jazz is much like the earlier-generation, despite claims of a slightly longer wheelbase/length. The all-black interiors look very classy and make the Jazz stand out in a crowd. The dashboard is eerily similar to the one on the City and (sadly) there isn't much to distinguish between the two. Front seats look bolstered for the tall & the heavyset, while the rear bench looks very comfortable and can easily accomodate 3. The boot area is massive - it will be a traveller's delight.

Overall, a fantastic contender to the Elite i20. I dare say the Jazz will grab a hefty chunk of the segment's monthly sales, if priced and marketed correctly.

Already, at least three people in my circle have cancelled their bookings of the Elite/Active i20, and have gone for the Jazz. The dealership is now sitting pretty with over 50 bookings, and the waiting period has jumped up beyond 2 months already, even before it's official launch!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th June 2015 at 17:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 17:28   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Already, at least three people in my circle have cancelled their bookings of the Elite/Active i20, and have gone for the Jazz. The dealership is now sitting pretty with over 50 bookings, and the waiting period has jumped up beyond 2 months already, even before it's official launch!
I like the sound of that because that would mean the overall waiting period for the i20 will come down too making it more humane (than the current periods of 3-4 months). God bless competition!
ashua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 17:40   #1349
BANNED

Honda Jazz Bookings Start in India:

Quote:
As Honda Cars India prepares for the new - generation Jazz launch, dealers across the country have started taking bookings for the premium hatchback. People looking to buy the car can now book it for a token amount starting Rs. 21,000.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-772151
Old 17th June 2015, 18:29   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
I like the sound of that because that would mean the overall waiting period for the i20 will come down too making it more humane (than the current periods of 3-4 months). God bless competition!
If the Jazz sales hit i20's hard enough, not only would its waiting period shrink but, Hyundai will start offering discounts as well. Great for us, consumers !

By the looks of it, i have a feeling that the Jazz will be the next big thing and will follow the exact path as set by the City (obviously, will take a beating if, they dont price it right;the chances of which are really quite low. There was a reason why the previous generation was so exorbitantly priced but, the localisation percentage is now in the higher 90s

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 17th June 2015 at 18:36.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks