Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 13:23   #1321
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Guess, we will have to wait a bit longer till the entire specifications and feature list is out for all variants.
Sure, makes sense. But, that can be edited later on too, right? Just kidding; I know I'm being greedy and impatient, both !

Its the petrolhead within which wants to know every wee bit of a detail and that too, at the earliest . Honestly, given that the launch is a tad far off (8th July), don't think the review or the lack of it makes a difference at the moment. Which also makes me think (now that you mentioned) if, the review will be published on the day of the official launch (along the lines of the Honda City with confirmed variant specific features and price information).

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 15th June 2015 at 13:40.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:05   #1322
BANNED

Honda will reduce the following from City's pricing and arrive at Jazz's.

City Petrol base version: 7.5L ex-Delhi
Minus 50K for boot space.
Minus 50K for under-4m tax exemption.
Minus 1L for the 1.2L engine compared to 1.6L used in City.

So, Jazz base model can be priced at 5.5L ex-Delhi.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:16   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Honda will reduce the following from City's pricing and arrive at Jazz's.

City Petrol base version: 7.5L ex-Delhi

Minus 1L for the 1.2L engine compared to 1.6L used in City.

So, Jazz base model can be priced at 5.5L ex-Delhi.
I guess there are 2 tiny corrections romeomidhun with your prediction:

1. Honda City uses a 1.5 I-Vtec and not 1.6. Every enthusiast will hope Honda plonks the 1.5 into a RS version of the Jazz, somewhere down the century . Moreover, the 1.2 I-vtec engine is no Einstein's Invention either. It is the same engine that was there on the previous Jazz as well.

2. Every new article and expert review are of an opinion that Honda seem to have realized that pricing the car correctly matters a lot. I personally, somehow still feel that Honda rides the badge pride more than necessary and they often get way ahead of themselves. So hopefully, they don't go overboard with the Jazz pricing again, considering the fact that the 2015 model will have much more features to offer and the Earth-dream engine.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th June 2015 at 14:18.
Vik0728 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 17:55   #1324
BHPian

Why do I feel the minimum turning radius of new Jazz (5.1 m) is more when compared to the previous generation (4.9 m) making it the hatchback with biggest turning radius available in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 15th June 2015, 18:39   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS View Post
Why do I feel the minimum turning radius of new Jazz (5.1 m) is more when compared to the previous generation (4.9 m) making it the hatchback with biggest turning radius available in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Pistons, I think one reason has to be the increased wheelbase. if my understanding is correct a longer wheelbase will contribute to a higher turning radius. But then, I am not sure if an increase in wheel base by 3 cm will contribute 20 cm increase in turning radius - something else is also in play - probably the engine bay is more packed leaving lesser room for the wheel wells.

Also, based on the respective Team-BHP reviews, below are the turning radii of other premium hatchbacks. So I don't think Jazz's turning radius is abnormally high.
  • Punto - 5.4 m
  • i20 - 5.2 m
  • Bolt - 5.1 m
  • Polo - 4.97 m

Last edited by Vigkey : 15th June 2015 at 18:42.
Old 15th June 2015, 21:11   #1326
BHPian

Seeing the above turning circle radii, i am always amazed that the Skoda Yeti manages to have a turning circle radius of 5m.
Old 15th June 2015, 23:17   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
While that may be so, but DSG issues will inevitably help users gravitate towards Jazz. And don't expect those bhp figures, it should be mated to the normal 1.2 one which honestly is just about adequate for the Brio.

And with Punto Abarth taking care of Manual tyranny, The Polo TSI will have a tough time. VW have lost a great opportunity despite an early entry and an excellent product. Option of manual transmission, and a 5 year warranty on DSG could arguably have helped a lot.
Right, as we now know, it is the 1.2L engine on the Jazz. Well, then the two cars do not go with the same reasons. People with different priorities will like the two cars differently.
Old 16th June 2015, 08:14   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728
Moreover, the 1.2 I-vtec engine is no Einstein's Invention either. It is the same engine that was there on the previous Jazz as well.
What's the opinion of the previous gen Jazz owners about the 1.2L petrol engine? Is the drivability in city conditions good? Does it suffer from lack of power with a/c turned on? How does it perform on the highways?

Last edited by narenteam : 16th June 2015 at 08:18.
Old 16th June 2015, 09:15   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
This maybe OT, but just to clarify on this.

It is difficult to acheive 20+ kmpl in petrol engine, simply because Diesel has more energy and burns more efficiently. To be more precise, diesel contains 38.6 Mega Joules per litre of energy while petrol contains 34.8 MJ/L of energy.
about the energy density. And about burning it efficiently only happened because of diesel by nature requires very high compression and the recent advances with injection (Thanks to Fiat) and turbo charging makes Diesel cars what it is today. And customers are paying that 1L extra for all that gadgetry inside.

I am sure doing the same thing to petrol cars like employing very high compression engines at the least apart from Turbos will improve the efficiency figures radically. We are seeing small capacity engines with 24kmpl ARAI ratings already. But instead of all this I would side with the SVHS / range extender type of mild hybrid systems. Where lack of efficiency of low gear driving is overcome by electrical power train, which has nearly 93% efficiency compared to 20-23% of even the best of IC engines. Sorry about the off-topic post.

I step aside :-)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2015 at 09:28. Reason: Removing unnecessary spacing.
WRXXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 15:20   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
What's the opinion of the previous gen Jazz owners about the 1.2L petrol engine? Is the drivability in city conditions good? Does it suffer from lack of power with a/c turned on? How does it perform on the highways?
The Jazz's 1.2 is probably the best naturally aspirated 1.2 petrol in the Indian market (VW's 1.2 TSI is turbo and hence in an entirely different league). The only issue is not-so-great low end torque. As long as one is willing to work the gearbox, there should be no problem. You will find plenty of posts on the forum describing hill drives in the Jazz. The AC is excellent and I don't think it affects driveability in any significant manner.
satyaanveshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 15:35   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Hi,
We have a JAZZ in the family which has done about 38,000 Odd Kms . It does all jobs from city drive to highway and expressway drives . Its actually so good that we are considering swapping my wife' s Eon for a Jazz ( Either new or pre owned ).

I drive the City 2010 model, and still don' t feel that the Jazz lacks anywhere as long as you are not a speed demon wanting to drive at edge of being in control . I drive with AC all the time and power is adequate. The old JAZZ was a very nice vehicle and we truly appreciate it now after good 5 years of use . It has also had no issues or part change besides the regular service at Honda. No switch , button , light , fuse or part has needed replacement . And it has aged gracefully as well .
manishkapadia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 15:49   #1332
kat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hi,
We have a JAZZ in the family which has done about 38,000 Odd Kms . It does all jobs from city drive to highway and expressway drives . Its actually so good that we are considering swapping my wife' s Eon for a Jazz ( Either new or pre owned ).

I drive the City 2010 model, and still don' t feel that the Jazz lacks anywhere as long as you are not a speed demon wanting to drive at edge of being in control . I drive with AC all the time and power is adequate. The old JAZZ was a very nice vehicle and we truly appreciate it now after good 5 years of use . It has also had no issues or part change besides the regular service at Honda. No switch , button , light , fuse or part has needed replacement . And it has aged gracefully as well .
+1 .
In my past 3+ years of ownership of the Jazz, I have never needed to spend for anything else apart from regular services. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing has gone kaput so far. And this is something I still keep wondering about since my previous car, a pre-owned Palio 1.2, which liked going to the workshop at least once in a month over my 2 years of ownership .

I can think of only two disadvantages in it though - Poor low end torque and quite stiff ride quality. Hope the new one has addressed both.
kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 15:57   #1333
BHPian

The iVTEC engine is a gem of an engine, although it doesn't have a good lo-end-torque. You need to frequently juggle in congested roads. However, one needs to drive and then comment how has Honda tuned the engine in the latest edition of Jazz.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 18:36   #1334
BHPian

@Kat

About ride quality I just realised how great difference is made by the quality of tyres in use . From my Honda city experience the ride was a way more bumpy when it was with stock MRF tyres . When I changed to Michelin I was amazed how comfortable it could be .

The test cars shown in photos are Michelin tyres . If that comes into production cars on new Jazz then it would be wonderful. If it does not then would be worth a swap . This is coming from someone who used to earlier feel that tyre upgrade on new cars was a waste of money. Sorry if my post is off topic.

Last edited by manishkapadia : 16th June 2015 at 18:37. Reason: Spelling error
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 19:40   #1335
BHPian

Honda Jazz India page is live
http://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz1.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz2.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz3.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz4.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz5.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz6.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 16th June 2015 at 19:47.
damager21 is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks