Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 19:12   #1351
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Honda Jazz Bookings Start in India:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-772151
Honda has confirmed commencement of booking on its website as well.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz.png

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 23:26. Reason: Fixed Image Tag
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 19:20   #1352
BHPian

Yes guys, Jazz website is back online and confirms that booking are open.
Has anyone checked out the car in Bangalore showrooms? is it available for test drives? I am planning to visit one of these during weekends.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 23:25. Reason: Fixed image tag
Old 17th June 2015, 19:27   #1353
BHPian

My brother in law just booked the Jazz to replace his old one in Ahmedabad. Booking amount was Rs.50,000/-
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 19:55   #1354
BHPian

Honda Jazz interior for the VX variant seems to have a different interior colour near the AC vents compared to the other variants. Below pic has been taken from the Honda Jazz website http://www.hondacarindia.com/allnewjazz. If you observe closely, you will find that the material around the AC vent looks like Glossy Black/Piano Black/Chrome(ish), whereas the other variants have a silver coloured material.

Name:  Jazz_01.PNG
Views: 4421
Size:  229.2 KB

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 23:25. Reason: Fixed Image tag
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 20:25   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
My brother in law just booked the Jazz to replace his old one in Ahmedabad. Booking amount was Rs.50,000/-
This seems to be the first official booking of all New Jazz on this forum courtesy your family @kartavya. Did they share any info like
1. Number of variants
2. Expected price range
3. Availability of test drive

Also, was there a Jazz at the dealership for your brother in law to see in person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Honda Jazz interior for the VX variant seems to have a different interior colour near the AC vents compared to the other variants. Below pic has been taken from the Honda Jazz website http://www.hondacarindia.com/allnewjazz. If you observe closely, you will find that the material around the AC vent looks like Glossy Black/Piano Black/Chrome(ish), whereas the other variants have a silver coloured material.
Good observation but it is silver and its the same in both VX and V. On the website they will all put those crisp glossy and shiny images for product to stand out. Read following two points listed on the bottom of their page
*Actual colors may vary from the ones shown here
* Some images shown are for reference only.

Jazz VX
Name:  VX.png
Views: 5563
Size:  588.5 KB

Jazz V
Name:  V.png
Views: 5004
Size:  488.6 KB

Last edited by damager21 : 17th June 2015 at 20:32.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 21:21   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The third part of the series has been released on Youtube by Honda.
From the video, the Honda Jazz released in Singapore has double barreled headlamps and the Indian version Jazz has single reflector headlamps.

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 22:50. Reason: Removed video link from the quoted post
Old 17th June 2015, 22:49   #1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Honda Jazz has reached my nearest Honda dealership.
I'll probably book Jazz this week too. What I do want to know from those who will get to see the new Jazz in the coming days, is how does the plastic quality of the dashboard compare with that of the City? The reviews we've seen so far suggest both City and Jazz have same or similar dashboard. If the quality is also same, I'll be more than happy.

City's plastic quality is good enough.
Old 17th June 2015, 23:43   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Good to know that Kartavya. Any clues from the dealer on the pricing? Which variant did your brother-in-law book and was it a petrol or diesel? Manual or Automatic?? Just curious to know. Did he get to see the car in person? Did your brother-in-law experience the rumored virtual reality app (also mentioned in Jazz website)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Honda Jazz interior for the VX variant seems to have a different interior colour near the AC vents compared to the other variants.
Pretty sure it is Photoshop at play like what damager21 has mentioned. Also, if you notice, the alloys are darker in some pics giving the impression of gun-metal finish. The window glasses are tinted in the images, which is not the reality. We should take all these images with a pinch of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
From the video, the Honda Jazz released in Singapore has double barreled headlamps and the Indian version Jazz has single reflector headlamps.
Oh Yes, looks like Singapore gets projector head light as standard. But features will be region specific and price sensitive and we cannot expect the best of all worlds to be given to us. For instance, Europe i20 gets projectors + DRL and sexy chocolate brown interiors unlike the boring beige in Indian version. And did you know - The US version has only manual ACs in spite of getting many other wonderful features.

If you notice City vs Jazz, most features omitted are pretty expensive ones (each one ranging from 15-25k).
  • Sunroof
  • Key-less entry and go
  • Cruise Control
  • Leather Seats
  • 1.5 i-VTEC (also include customs duty saved)
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 23:45   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Good to know that Kartavya. Any clues from the dealer on the pricing? Which variant did your brother-in-law book and was it a petrol or diesel? Manual or Automatic?? Just curious to know. Did he get to see the car in person? Did your brother-in-law experience the rumored virtual reality app (also mentioned in Jazz website)??

I havn't met him today, apparently he just went and did it without telling anyone . But I know he booked an automatic and knowing him its probably a petrol version. I will get you more details tomorrow for sure.
Old 18th June 2015, 06:31   #1360
Senior - BHPian

A cousin of mine has booked the Jazz by paying the Rs.51,000 booking amount yesterday. The dealer had only collected information about the choice of engine (petrol or diesel) and the choice of transmission (manual or automatic). He has booked a petrol automatic. The sales advisor has asked him to confirm the colour and the variant post official launch when the prices will be announced.

He was looking to buy a pre-owned City with a budget of Rs.5 - 6 Lakhs and I coaxed him to extend his budget and go for the Jazz.

Last edited by arvi86 : 18th June 2015 at 06:32.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:40   #1361
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I just booked the All New Jazz at Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road Bangalore) on Tuesday (16-June). The booking amount was 21000. Booking was made for the petrol one and variant will depend after Honda reveals the prices. Basic information were collected as part of booking process. As per the sales guys (Salman), Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road has received 30+ bookings for the all new Jazz. On the day of booking, mine was 3rd for him !

Also met the CEO of Dakshin Honda and inquired about the expected price to which he said "Expect it to be in the vicinity of Elite i20- few bucks more". Also received information that the TD vehicle is scheduled to be available by 1st week of July.

A lengthy first post to kick off !

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 10:41. Reason: Formatted post
anupams is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 11:07   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupams View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

I just booked the All New Jazz at Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road Bangalore) on Tuesday (16-June). The booking amount was 21000. Booking was made for the petrol one and variant will depend after Honda reveals the prices. Basic information were collected as part of booking process. As per the sales guys (Salman), Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road has received 30+ bookings for the all new Jazz. On the day of booking, mine was 3rd for him !

Also met the CEO of Dakshin Honda and inquired about the expected price to which he said "Expect it to be in the vicinity of Elite i20- few bucks more". Also received information that the TD vehicle is scheduled to be available by 1st week of July.

A lengthy first post to kick off !
Hey there,

Welcome to Team-Bhp. Indeed is a special post. Will be etched in your memory as the day when you did 2things special; booked a car and posted your first here

When are you expecting delivery? The dealer would have committed to some timeframe, right?

As for the "few bucks more" part, Honda indeed is getting greedy. I don't think the Jazz is worth any extra money. Equivalent to the i20 or lesser. Not a penny more!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 18th June 2015 at 11:12.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:27   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
A cousin of mine has booked the Jazz by paying the Rs.51,000 booking amount yesterday. The dealer had only collected information about the choice of engine (petrol or diesel) and the choice of transmission (manual or automatic). He has booked a petrol automatic. The sales advisor has asked him to confirm the colour and the variant post official launch when the prices will be announced.

He was looking to buy a pre-owned City with a budget of Rs.5 - 6 Lakhs and I coaxed him to extend his budget and go for the Jazz.
Wonderful. If he books V (AT) then he can expect it an on-road price of 8 to 8.5 lacs while if he decides to go with S (AT) which is speculated to be one more variant of Jazz automatic then he can expect it an on-road price of 7 to 7.5 lacs
Old 18th June 2015, 11:32   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hey there,

Welcome to Team-Bhp. Indeed is a special post. Will be etched in your memory as the day when you did 2things special; booked a car and posted your first here

When are you expecting delivery? The dealer would have committed to some timeframe, right?

As for the "few bucks more" part, Honda indeed is getting greedy. I don't think the Jazz is worth any extra money. Equivalent to the i20 or lesser. Not a penny more!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Thanks Shivang !
As for the delivery, the sales guys said July End to August 2nd Week. Totally agree with you on the pricing part. Luckily enough there's a Hyundai showroom just few meters away from Honda's (just in case they mess up the pricing)!

As per Hyundai's sales guys booking amount for Elite i20 (Asta) is 5000 and waiting period of 5-7 weeks !
anupams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:22   #1365
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupams View Post
As per Hyundai's sales guys booking amount for Elite i20 (Asta) is 5000 and waiting period of 5-7 weeks !
Whoa it's still 5-7 weeks? IIRC my SA was telling (during delivery of my Xcent last month) that it's approx 4 weeks. This was Trident on Hosur Road.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed