Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 14:12   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Wonderful. If he books V (AT) then he can expect it an on-road price of 8 to 8.5 lacs while if he decides to go with S (AT) which is speculated to be one more variant of Jazz automatic then he can expect it an on-road price of 7 to 7.5 lacs
Yes, those are the ballpark figures I've given them too. His criteria is ABS and two airbags at front. If the S (AT) has them, he'll settle with that. If not, he would be forced to go for the V (AT).
Old 18th June 2015, 14:42   #1367
BHPian

I am also going forward and booking a White Jazz VX i-Dtec. in Gurgaon.

I heard there are two versions of white in Honda city (taffeta and Orchid). Which one is more popular and looks better. Personally I am a huge fan of Solid white. Somehow Pearl whites don't look as good to me, Metallic white is a different story altogether.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th June 2015 at 16:55.
Old 18th June 2015, 15:17   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
My brother in law just booked the Jazz to replace his old one in Ahmedabad. Booking amount was Rs.50,000/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitkaul View Post
I'll probably book Jazz this week too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
A cousin of mine has booked the Jazz by paying the Rs.51,000 booking amount yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupams View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

I just booked the All New Jazz at Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road Bangalore) on Tuesday (16-June).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I am also going forward and booking a White Jazz VX i-Dtec in Gurgaon.
Whoa!! Congrats guys!!! Looks like Team-BHP is already warming up to the Jazz. Need to see how many of these gets converted to actual purchases once the pricing is out.

Let me add, I will be one among you guys pretty soon. I am just confused about the location of booking - No, not the dealer - the location itself. Should I buy it in Bangalore or Madurai or Trivandrum is the question
  • Bangalore - I am currently stationed here, but planning to soon move to Tamil Nadu - not sure of the time-frame though. Road-tax is HUGE in Bangalore and it will be a pain to claim it back when I make a move.
  • Madurai - Will be better if I move to Tamil Nadu soon. My in-laws are there and they can take care of the booking. But the car will lay idle in weekdays till I move there.
  • Trivandrum - Makes least sense as I will be driving it as an other state car - in both KA or TN, my present and future locations - But my parents are there and they can take care of the booking and use the car till I make a move.

I know, this is a stupid confusion and my head says - "Hold on to the purchase till you make a move" but heart says - "Grab one as soon as possible before you change your mind or they raise the price from the introductory prices if the car is a hit".

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th June 2015 at 16:56. Reason: Removing the last bits. Thanks! :)
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 15:23   #1369
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

I know, this is a stupid confusion and my head says - "Hold on to the purchase till you make a move" but heart says - "Grab one as soon as possible before you change your mind or they raise the price from the introductory prices if the car is a hit".
Vignesh, I would recommend you wait till atleast you make your move if not year end. I get a feeling Honda might just come up with VX(AT) if the response is good
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 15:48   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I too am hoping to own one soon. Am still hopeful of a VX (AT) so willing to wait for another 3 months.

I am more traditional and not an early adopter so would like to go through Team BHP review, Jazz variants, feature list, pricing, do a test drive, read some of the initial ownership reviews and then take a call.

As far as pricing is concerned, I think Honda increased price of City in January only because government rolled back excise benefit. So despite the huge success of City, over the past 1.5 years Honda has not increased City's price.

So for your and my benefit I hope they do the same with Jazz, No change in price for at least a year

Last edited by damager21 : 18th June 2015 at 15:50.
Old 18th June 2015, 16:02   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
I too am hoping to own one soon. Am still hopeful of a VX (AT) so willing to wait for another 3 months.
I'm floating in the same ship, I always wanted the Jazz and have been postponing my purchase of a car since Jan '15, almost got the Polo but kept clinging onto the rumors of the imminent launch of the Jazz.

I too am dearly hoping for a VX AT variant, wouldn't mind waiting till the festive season or else I'm hoping the Aspire will deliver an AT top variant.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:05   #1372
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I'm floating in the same ship, I always wanted the Jazz and have been postponing my purchase of a car since Jan '15, almost got the Polo but kept clinging onto the rumors of the imminent launch of the Jazz.

I too am dearly hoping for a VX AT variant, wouldn't mind waiting till the festive season or else I'm hoping the Aspire will deliver an AT top variant.
Awesome! Looks like I have company.

Honda, if you are listening, please launch VX (AT) as well, atleast by the festive season.
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:35   #1373
BHPian

I believe there has never been a good time to buy this fantastic vehicle. And when its finally here, just go for it guys. This could very well be Honda's biggest gamble! Am so glad this baby is armed up to take on the competition so well. Lesser deterrents to keep people interested and of course the pricing. Come on Jazzy your time to do the numbers is here.

Yes it misses out on a few things here & there(why no clean air filter & that Amaze blue colour Honda???) but the standard stuff ticks all boxes. One more thing I fail to understand is why just offer the Magic Seats on the top variant only? One part of me says majority of the people barely recline their rear seats for increased storage & is quite possibly true. The other part says it is also not expensive to make the adjustable seats in a car as against fixed ones. But again, thats just me. Could be/not be true.

Either way, having followed this vehicle since a time immemorial I will wait for initial ownerships and the refreshed versions and then take a call.

Last edited by coolmel : 18th June 2015 at 16:42.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:43   #1374
BHPian

Looked at V(AT) the other day in Hyderabad. While the car looks and feels extremely well built, the feature set is a little disappointing. There is no push button start. There is no cruise control (on V-AT). There are no rear AC vents. No option of all-black interiors in this version.

However the car does look like a beast. Hopefully they will price it right this time and introduce the VX-AT version soon.
venuvedam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:49   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Looked at V(AT) the other day in Hyderabad.
Which showroom ? I was thinking of contacting Metro Honda Bowenpally but thought they may not put it up on display so soon.
Old 18th June 2015, 18:22   #1376
BHPian

Here is my point of view on the whole V vs VX debate. I was personally looking forward to the VX AT and was initially disappointed to know that there is only a V AT. After some thinking I came to the below conclusion.

The 3 main differences between the V and VX are:
1. Black interiors
2. Magic seats
3. Touch screen with navigation

1. Magic seats are a great feature but the only 2 modes you miss out on are the long and tall mode. I currently drive the Tata Vista and regularly need to carry stuff such as TV's, computers etc. due to work and the space with the back seats folded down is more than adequate. I expect the room in the back of the Jazz with the back seats folded down to be even better which is probably the mode that will be most used.

2. Missing out on all black interiors is probably what I'm most upset about but am already thinking about getting some good black leather seat covers. Thankfully the dashboard is all black so you can have all black interiors with the small exception of door upholstery.

3. I'm glad that the navigation touchscreen is not present in the V since I rather have the 3 mode reversing camera than use those horrendous in built maps. I'm much happier to use Google maps on my phone. Also if the navigation system is the same as the City VX(O) then it is also grossly overpriced since the difference between the City VX and VX(O) is approximately 45-50k with the only point of difference being the navigation system.

Having convinced myself with the above arguments I look foward to booking the Sunset Orange V AT Jazz later this week.
SneakyFunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 19:54   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Here is my point of view on the whole V vs VX debate. I was personally looking forward to the VX AT and was initially disappointed to know that there is only a V AT. After some thinking I came to the below conclusion.

The 3 main differences between the V and VX are:
1. Magic seats are a great feature but the only 2 modes you miss out on are the long and tall mode. I expect the room in the back of the Jazz with the back seats folded down to be even better which is probably the mode that will be most used.

2. Missing out on all black interiors is probably what I'm most upset about but am already thinking about getting some good black leather seat covers.

3. I'm glad that the navigation touchscreen is not present in the V since I rather have the 3 mode reversing camera than use those horrendous in built maps.
Agreed and it is quite possible that eventually if I buy Jazz then I will go for V (AT). But there are certain things which I am not too happy about

1. Look at the following images with rear seat folded down, there is a difference between V and VX. While magic seat leads to a flat bed in case of V which does not have magic seat there is a visible hump. Also, I would have expected Honda to at least offer 60:40 rear seat in V variant
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-vx.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-v.jpg

2. V offers fixed head rest for rear passengers as compared to VX
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-v1.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-vx1.jpg

3. Touch screen unit is not something which is important for me. Infact I would have preferred not having touch screen AC panel as well. Using knobs and button is less distracting

Image source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 01:23   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
1. Look at the following images with rear seat folded down, there is a difference between V and VX. While magic seat leads to a flat bed in case of V which does not have magic seat there is a visible hump. Also, I would have expected Honda to at least offer 60:40 rear seat in V variant
Yes, I agree. Perhaps for the average user who doesn't care about folding the rear seats it doesn't make much difference, but if one is the type who actually folds down the rear seats often to liberate a lot of space for carrying stuff around, it actually makes a huge difference. With the uneven levels, things tend to slide around which restricts both the type of things you can keep there and how well you can secure them.

Magic seats are magic seats...probably some people would rarely/never use them, but for those who do, they are a major USP of the Jazz.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 02:30   #1379
BHPian

Does the V version has a 3 point belt for the mid rear seat, whereas the VX has a lap belt only? Why cant we get regular inertia reel belts for all seats?

Last edited by prashanthyr : 19th June 2015 at 02:39.
Old 19th June 2015, 09:45   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed and it is quite possible that eventually if I buy Jazz then I will go for V (AT). But there are certain things which I am not too happy about

Image source: IAB
I was/am under the impression that the back seats fall down to make a full flat storage area like the one in the magic seats configuration image. This is what the sales advisor here in Pune told me.
If that's not the case then I totally agree with you that magic seats will be well and truly missed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks