Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2015, 20:03   #1411
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

I finally decided to go-ahead and sign on the dotted line for an amount of 51000! The sales exec at Dakshin Honda said I'll have to visit the showroom if its a Jazz booking, but can send a TD car and pick up the cheque if its for the Amaze or Mobilio. A piece of my mind took him to arrange a pickup - expected anytime.

The shortlist looks something like this: Jazz, S Cross, YRA and the EcoSport, in no particular order, but a decision timeline of up to Diwali of 2015.
Old 21st June 2015, 20:50   #1412
BHPian

So I went in this morning to the dealer. Now the salesperson had to keep it all very discreet as they are not allowed to show the vehicle to anyone and Honda is imposing a penalty of 50k on the salesperson and 2 lakh on the dealership.
I was taken on the pretext that I wanted to check out the colours for Mobilio. So I had to act very inconspicuous and I still managed to click quite a few pictures as well as looking at 3 different colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitkaul View Post
Hi Akhil,

How did you like plastic quality of the interiors - more specifically, the dashboard? Is it better or worse in quality than Honda City's? What color did you like?

Hi sunitkaul ,
I did not get to open the cars , due to the afore mentioned reason. However since I do regularly encounter the Elite i20 as well everyday, and from what I could make out visually, the interior quality is not that bad as it is being made out to be.
As far as the colour goes, I really fell in love with jazz in Urban Titanium Metallic colour. That colour brings out all the cuts and creases so beautifully.

Will let the pictures speak now. Please apologise for the way the pictures are, I had to take them without letting them know I was clicking pictures.
Apparently Honda has even paid the stockyard guards to tell them if any salesperson shows the Jazz to any customer.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899218.987828.jpg
Carnelian Red colour

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899272.551476.jpg

Even this orange is a smashing colour and this one was the test drive vehicle with all the vinyls and stickers.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899317.754899.jpg

The star of the show. An amazing colour. This was the VX variant.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899372.405815.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899409.507951.jpg

This shoulder line is accentuated brilliantly in this shade.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899457.079427.jpg

Interiors of the VX. Sorry for the reflection but it was the best I could do.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899508.813286.jpg

Complete side profile.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899634.139845.jpg

This does not actually show anything, but I still uploaded it because I clicked it
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899711.531861.jpg

Again the test drive vehicle.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899767.321582.jpg

Parting shot, in my favourite color. Only waiting to see the Golden Brown in flesh now. Else it will be this one.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434899815.040180.jpg

At the end of it all I had a discussion with the salesperson and that was something that I really want to share.
We both went along in a Mobilio diesel and I found its NVH to be well controlled, and hence our discussion moved to Honda City.
The salesperson told me that the diesel Honda City is considered an average selling product and they still make majority of sales through petrol only.

He said it is because the engine noise in the City is comparable to a truck and hence customers prefer the petrol.
Was surprised to hear that.
akhil994 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 22:07   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Is the diesel variant going to have the same 1.5 iDTEC diesel engine from the City ? If so then there is hope that some tuning or a remap could make the diesel Jazz fun to drive due to the better power to weight ratio.
Old 21st June 2015, 22:13   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I finally decided to go-ahead and sign on the dotted line for an amount of 51000!
The shortlist looks something like this: Jazz, S Cross, YRA and the EcoSport, in no particular order, but a decision timeline of up to Diwali of 2015.
Hi @pannags. Since you are looking at a timeline of Diwali which is in November, any reason why you decided to handover the booking amount for Jazz now? S-Cross will be launched next month while YRA will be launched in September so there is still quite sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
As far as the colour goes, I really fell in love with jazz in Urban Titanium Metallic colour. That colour brings out all the cuts and creases so beautifully.
@akhil994, thanks for those pictures. I agree, Urban Titanium metallic looks the best in the lot.

Also, what I noticed in those pictures is that all the 3 cars you captured are petrol variants. This is kind of opposite of what Honda did with City where in the initial few months only diesel cars were manufactured and available for test drive.

I feel that Honda is expecting a higher demand for petrol Jazz and more so automatic variants.
Old 21st June 2015, 22:19   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Also, what I noticed in those pictures is that all the 3 cars you captured are petrol variants. This is kind of opposite of what Honda did with City where in the initial few months only diesel cars were manufactured and available for test drive.

I feel that Honda is expecting a higher demand for petrol Jazz and more so automatic variants.
There was one more Orange Jazz in the yard,but I did not go and check it out. Actually the yard and the service station is in one place itself.
Also what I noticed was , there was no CVT variant among the 3 I checked out.
Old 21st June 2015, 22:30   #1416
BHPian

I am slightly confused regarding central locking on the Jazz. Some reviews/reports say that there is no central locking button meaning is the central locking feature absent altogether or its only via the door release handle? Any idea folks?
Old 21st June 2015, 22:46   #1417

Since Jazz has a VX version also but why was the TD vehicle of V version.
Any reason why?
I am asking this because generally TD vehicles are in the top verson.
Old 21st June 2015, 23:05   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
So In the automatic variant , they have not given the magic seats?? Am I understanding this correctly?

Ram
Yes, only the VX has magic seats and the automatic is available only in V. Honda might introduce an automatic VX later but there is no guarantee. Even on the Zest the top end was not introduced in AMT transmission but Tata corrected their mistake and introduced a top variant with AMT recently.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 01:47   #1419

If you happen to have a look at Honda India's Facebook page, most of Jazz promotional posts are being replied by prior Honda customers who've had underwhelming experiences with the previous-gen Jazz. While bad cars would always be there, this post stood out -

"In April 2015, the air conditioner stopped cooling entirely. Following quote was given to me: TOTAL = INR 17,550. I told them that my car is covered under 4 years extended warranty program and this fault (not being a case of physical damage) should be repaired/replaced with in extended warranty itself.

Response from dealership – They count A/c condenser in wear and tear! I would say that even the engine could then be covered in wear and tear category !? Upon follow up by Honda India, and then another follow up from the dealership, they now said that condenser and even the a/c pipe (metal pipe) is covered under extended warranty"

This is terribly disappointing. I've been monitoring this page for a while, and most such posts are deleted after a while. Full link of the post while it's still available: here

Can previous Jazz (and Honda) owners share their after-sales service experiences? Would help us out.
Old 22nd June 2015, 07:07   #1420
Senior - BHPian

^^^

There will be some bad experiences with any car regards to after sales service.

I guess most TBHP owners including me had a totally niggle free ownership experience.
So, I did not get any chance to really test the A.S.S

But, whatever minor stuff I had requested were taken care off well.
I guess it depends a lot on the dealership.

Another thing I have noticed is the service costs are very reasonable. I had a Santro before and Hyundai is definitely more costly in terms of service costs particularly once the car is 3-4 years old.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:28   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Hi @pannags. Since you are looking at a timeline of Diwali which is in November, any reason why you decided to handover the booking amount for Jazz now? S-Cross will be launched next month while YRA will be launched in September so there is still quite sometime.
Hi Damager21, Just wanted to ensure that I do not end up in an Ecosport like situation - I had to cancel my post-launch booking owing to the 12 month wait period and Ford's disloyal approach to pricing (read no price protection).

OTOH, I'm anticipting a 2 month wait period for the Jazz VX Diesel, by when a TD of the S Cross and more details of the YRA would aid my decision making.
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:34   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OTOH, I'm anticipting a 2 month wait period for the Jazz VX Diesel, by when a TD of the S Cross and more details of the YRA would aid my decision making.
YRA though speculated for a launch this year, IMO this will only come in early 2016.
The spy shots seen earlier are the LHD version, and the 1.0L Boosterjet engine is yet to be imported in production volumes.
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:42   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
I finally decided to go-ahead and sign on the dotted line for an amount of 51000! The sales exec at Dakshin Honda said I'll have to visit the showroom if its a Jazz booking, but can send a TD car and pick up the cheque if its for the Amaze or Mobilio. A piece of my mind took him to arrange a pickup - expected anytime.

Hey pannags, I booked the same for 21000 at Dakshin Hosur Road. Surprised by different standards of same dealer!
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:01   #1424
BHPian

The salesperson confirmed that the waiting period for the diesel Jazz stands at 3 months already while the petrol is 1-1.5 months.
I'm still not decided whether to go for petrol or diesel.
On one hand my running does not warrant a diesel , but I do not want my car to lack power whenever occasionally I go out on the highways.
Confusion prevails. Only a TD of both the cars can help me get over this confusion.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:06   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The salesperson confirmed that the waiting period for the diesel Jazz stands at 3 months already while the petrol is 1-1.5 months.
I'm still not decided whether to go for petrol or diesel.
On one hand my running does not warrant a diesel , but I do not want my car to lack power whenever occasionally I go out on the highways.
Confusion prevails. Only a TD of both the cars can help me get over this confusion.
As per my reckoning, the response isn't that "Jazzy" as of now, as most the prospective buyers are still awaiting test drives. Met two dealers in Delhi over the weekend, one of them also displayed me the car both, V and Vx variant. I'm sold over the Vx variant with all black interiors. For "V" I felt, the under thigh support even in the front seats isn't that great.

Regarding the response, one dealer had about 15-20 bookings and the other one had about 7-10. Upon asking, that when can I expect delivery, since I would going for a company lease, both of them said, if you get the process done, the day he gets the confirmed price, he would raise an invoice and get a delivery done in 5 days maximum.

They've an abundance of the Silver and Red (V and SV). Diesel to Petrol ratio is about 2:1. Manual to Auto ratio is roughly 3:1

Regards,
Varun
varun.ppl is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed