Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 14:36   #1486
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

In thailand they sell the speed sensitive auto lock ,which is a after market third party add on for Jazz.They also have auto folding mirrors, where if you start the car the mirror opens and vice versa.You can even fold the mirrors by long pressing the remote key.(only works if the car as power mirror retract).
Old 26th June 2015, 16:43   #1487

I have booked an i20 elite, it was supposed to be delivered in another 3 weeks and have been contemplating Jazz for a while now. Today, the dealer called up and said that they can be my car now, because some other buyer is not in a position to pay right now and wants the car later.

Lol. Looks like someone else wants to rethink Hyundai for Honda
himanshumodi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 17:22   #1488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshumodi View Post
Lol. Looks like someone else wants to rethink Hyundai for Honda
No question of doubt or laugh here. As I mentioned earlier,this Jazz is going to hit i20 more than any one else.
Old 26th June 2015, 21:02   #1489
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) at 5.5L?

IBN has an article suggesting a starting price of 5.5L for base (E) version.
It do not say whether its for petrol or Diesel and also says the next version comes with EBS/EBD.

If so, this is serious challenge to i20. Hope this comes true.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/auto/lea...h-1012166.html
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 22:08   #1490
BHPian

The television advert for the Jazz is out now.Caught it on Discovery Turbo.
Quite a bland one, less car more words in the advertisement. Right channel to promote though Men like that
Old 26th June 2015, 22:59   #1491
BHPian

Honestly, removing Honda Jazz out of the equation makes the problem of choosing very hard for me. I'm betting all my money on it. Hope they price SV variant 1.2 around 6.5 lacs making a contender to Elite i20 1.2 Sportz. If this does not pan out, then I'm going to be in serious confusion to choose between Swift ZXI, Elite i20 1.2 Sportz and Punto Evo 1.3 Dynamic!
Old 27th June 2015, 08:42   #1492
BHPian

On Thursday I visited Crystal Honda Bavdhan to book the Jazz V CVT. I did not agree with them on certain points, the two main ones being that they would charge me 2% surcharge for paying the booking amount by card and also that I would have to purchase insurance from them. Not only this but they had a very take it or leave it attitude in general.

Left from there and went straight to Deccan Honda Bund Garden Road who were more than happy to help. Not only did they explain the different insurance policies but also gave me the option of buying insurance from outside.
Overall I got a much more positive response from Deccan Honda so ended up booking my Sunset Orange V CVT with them.

Based on the number of bookings they already have (he claimed 75) I was told to expect delivery around mid August.
SneakyFunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:20   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
On Thursday I visited Crystal Honda Bavdhan to book the Jazz V CVT. I did not agree with them on certain points, the two main ones being that they would charge me 2% surcharge for paying the booking amount by card and also that I would have to purchase insurance from them. Not only this but they had a very take it or leave it attitude in general.

Left from there and went straight to Deccan Honda Bund Garden Road who were more than happy to help. Not only did they explain the different insurance policies but also gave me the option of buying insurance from outside.
Overall I got a much more positive response from Deccan Honda so ended up booking my Sunset Orange V CVT with them.

Based on the number of bookings they already have (he claimed 75) I was told to expect delivery around mid August.
Did he mention the expected on road price for this variant?
Old 27th June 2015, 10:47   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Did he mention the expected on road price for this variant?
He said to expect an on road price of about 8 - 8.5 lakhs. I'm not sure it'll be that low.
I'm expecting it to be around 8.75 - 9 lakhs on road in Pune.
Old 27th June 2015, 13:11   #1495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
He said to expect an on road price of about 8 - 8.5 lakhs. I'm not sure it'll be that low.
I'm expecting it to be around 8.75 - 9 lakhs on road in Pune.
You booked a petrol version right? And cvt is top end minus one correct?8 to 8.5 is already comparable to i20 Asta. That would be competitive.
Old 27th June 2015, 15:55   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshumodi View Post
You booked a petrol version right? And CVT is top end minus one correct?8 to 8.5 is already comparable to i20 Asta. That would be competitive.
Yes, I booked the Petrol automatic. The i20 Sports(O) is approx 7.70 lakhs on road in Pune which I feel is comparable to the Jazz V. I think the CVT version will be costlier by about 1 lakh pushing the on road price closer to 9 lakhs.

From the conversation I had with the sales advisor he was sure that the V CVT will be more expensive than the VX MT.
Old 27th June 2015, 22:51   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

I spoke to Whitefield Honda and Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road) regarding the Jazz. Whitefield Honda said they are expecting it around the 15th of July and seemed a little uncertain overall. Dakshin Honda guys were a lot more confident and said that the evening of 8th July is when they will get it in the showroom. Right now they dont have any details on variants, prices etc. I was planning on booking the Polo GT TSI for the automatic but am holding off till I get a test drive of the Jazz CVT and get to see its pricing.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:23   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
So In the automatic variant , they have not given the magic seats?? Am I understanding this correctly?

Magic seats are not just for stuff. I have 4 dogs and I travel with my dogs a lot. Currently I use my innova. Fold flat rear seats are an absolute joy when you have to carry dogs. Throw in an old mattress and they sleep for hours on a flat even surface.

I was hoping to purchase a Jazz automatic, but if I do not get magic seats, then it is a no go situation for me.

Ram
What???!!! No magic seats for the automatic. *Facepalm* What on earth are you thinking Honda? That IS a real real real bummer. Shame on you Honda. One more thing to keep me away from getting you Jazzy apart from the mundane choice of colours.
Old 28th June 2015, 14:52   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
What???!!! No magic seats for the automatic. *Facepalm* What on earth are you thinking Honda? That IS a real real real bummer. Shame on you Honda. One more thing to keep me away from getting you Jazzy apart from the mundane choice of colours.
I don't know why Magic Seats which is the USP of the car is not being provided in all the variants like the previous gen (correct me here if I'm wrong). I associate Jazz with space and space only. And that's not being provided! I don't like the interiors at all. The Climate Control is akin to a microwave display fitted on the dash. The whole thing is placed in an awkward angle. I would rather prefer one with buttons/knobs and subtle lighting around - like swift for example. Now, the only thing to look forward to is the pricing. It can make or break it! If the price is lucrative, I can overlook the Magic Seats.

Hope Honda gets it right this time!
Ryuu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:58   #1500
BHPian

In the ASEAN NCAP test which was conducted in 2014 for Honda Jazz with 2 Airbags, it received a 4-star rating in AOP (Adult Occupation Protection) and a 4-star rating in COP (Child Occupant Protection). The variant tested was made in Thailand.

I believe the Indian manufactured Jazz would receive a similar rating.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-asean.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-asean1.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-asean2.png

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks