Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 00:47   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
In the ASEAN NCAP test which was conducted in 2014 for Honda Jazz with 2 Airbags, it received a 4-star rating in AOP (Adult Occupation Protection) and a 4-star rating in COP (Child Occupant Protection). The variant tested was made in Thailand.

I believe the Indian manufactured Jazz would receive a similar rating.

Attachment 1387195
Attachment 1387196
Attachment 1387197
Watch the final few minutes of the video. Look close and you will see the front bumper peel away nicely from the body. I always used to wonder there ought to be some function behind that design and it really works! Clever little touch. 4 star is a stupendous rating. Even though with just 2 airbags.

Just waiting to know how this thing drives. Flat or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I don't know why Magic Seats which is the USP of the car is not being provided in all the variants like the previous gen (correct me here if I'm wrong). I associate Jazz with space and space only. And that's not being provided! I don't like the interiors at all. The Climate Control is akin to a microwave display fitted on the dash. The whole thing is placed in an awkward angle. I would rather prefer one with buttons/knobs and subtle lighting around - like swift for example. Now, the only thing to look forward to is the pricing. It can make or break it! If the price is lucrative, I can overlook the Magic Seats.

Hope Honda gets it right this time!
I saw Autoportals video review and the seats on the mid variants do fold but surprisingly do not form a flat bed. How difficult is it to make such an arrangement is beyond my thinking capacity. One reason to keep costs low? Also no clean air filter for the AC? And that eye sore plug over the start stop button!! I want to make a decal for the same to confuse people!!

Either ways, its a terrific interior like its predecessor and pricing WILL be spot on. Honda have learnt it the hard way. Like I said a few threads away, the king is here. Make way! The Jazz is back & how.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th June 2015 at 10:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
coolmel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 10:21   #1502
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I spoke to Whitefield Honda and Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road) regarding the Jazz. Whitefield Honda said they are expecting it around the 15th of July and seemed a little uncertain overall. Dakshin Honda guys were a lot more confident and said that the evening of 8th July is when they will get it in the showroom. Right now they dont have any details on variants, prices etc. I was planning on booking the Polo GT TSI for the automatic but am holding off till I get a test drive of the Jazz CVT and get to see its pricing.
Hey I was at Whitefield Honda yesterday and got a chance to have a look at the new Jazz VX. I was there to get my car serviced. I just casually asked my SA if they have one and he was happy to take me inside the workshop for a glimpse. I think being a Sunday and not many people around made the things a bit easier. But he said they have no idea about it's pricing and they are yet to receive training on it.
CapnCook is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 11:56   #1503
BHPian

Of late, there are two major criticism that can be seen with regards to the Jazz.
  • Not offering magic seats in lower variants
  • Not offering VX automatic
To be frank, I too am on the same boat - not happy with Honda doing this. But I guess we should also think from their perspective. Their motive is business and purely business and they do not cater to us BHP-ians alone. They have a wider market and most of their decisions will be based on their mass market study.

Previous generation Jazz was a revolution. All variants had safety features and Magic Seats. There were only 3 variants in total and price difference between each was very less - primarily because the feature difference was very less between variants. Actually the buyer of lower variants were not really missing much. Now, we all know how good (or bad) the sales was for the Jazz last time around. I agree, the pricing was TOO HIGH for the features it offered. Still, it was a failure and Honda had to correct its mistakes - how? To offer lucrative pricing.

Now, Honda will obviously be watching the Hyundai and Maruti pricing models. How they differentiate their variants and how they price their variants. Since they are pretty successful pricing models, Honda will feel safer and more confident following that. We complain Honda not providing Magic Seats or even 60:40 split in lower variants - But Hyundai has got away is doing the same in i20 and Maruti was not even providing these in Swift till recently (However, Maruti has to be appreciated as in the facelift they are giving this in all the variants).

Until recently, in many forums (including ours), one common view about Magic seats was that it was at most a marketing gimmick and was not (and will not be) very useful in real life. As one of our friends pointed out, it is like ABS, you will crib for the extra money paid until the day it actually comes to use. If Honda was taking feedback from Jazz owners, majority would have given the response that they rarely (or never) use them. Could be the reason why it was not provided in all variants - also helps them in keeping the price in check.

Honda should have give AT in VX also, I agree. But here again, they are following Hyundai principle - No AT in top variant - Hyundai is doing the same with Grand i10 and now Creta. At least Jazz's AT variant is well loaded and has all safely features (unlike Grand i10). Yes, it misses out on Magic Seats and that is the only serious miss. Black interiors and touch-screen AVN can be had as extra fittings also. In Honda's defense, it will help keep the pricing in check. Now, the VX i-DTEC and V CVT will be pretty similar in pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
The pricing will be very important for this vehicle to succeed. However the interiors differ a lot from the international variant of the Fit. I am eagerly looking forward to its launch. Shortlisted it along with Liva and Swift.
Pranjal, I do not think the interior design as such is too different from the international version. There are some differences like, some countries get soft-touch materials on the dash, some of them get a silver element on the dash, many of them get the push-button start, many of them get handrests and all of them get a different HU. But then, the overall design looks very similar to the international version. If I am missing something, please feel free to point out

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Is the speed-sensitive auto lock there in the City? Very useful feature indeed!
Adimicra, as per Honda website, City has this feature in SV and above variants. However, it is absent in Amaze and in most variants of Mobilio (Only RS has them). One more strange point is, City misses out on Seat Belt Pretensioner with load Limiter but Amaze gets them. Honda Logic I wish speed sensitive auto-lock can be enabled at dealer level like it is possible for many cars.

Quote:
I don't know why Magic Seats which is the USP of the car is not being provided in all the variants like the previous gen (correct me here if I'm wrong). I associate Jazz with space and space only. And that's not being provided!
Ryuu, you are correct - previous generation Jazz had magic seats in all variants. But that was a different ball game altogether. Based on my understanding Jazz still has a LOT of space - everywhere - front, rear and boot. It is the flexibility of the magic seats that is going to be missed in lower variants. So, it is not the space that is not being provided, but just the flexibility.

Quote:
I don't like the interiors at all. The Climate Control is akin to a microwave display fitted on the dash. The whole thing is placed in an awkward angle. I would rather prefer one with buttons/knobs and subtle lighting around - like swift for example. Now, the only thing to look forward to is the pricing. It can make or break it! If the price is lucrative, I can overlook the Magic Seats.

Hope Honda gets it right this time!
You know what, I will seriously advise you to NOT go for the Jazz. Since you do not like the interiors at all and hate the dash design and touchscreen ACC, you will never be happy with the car. I mean, if you just go by the pricing and compromise on various other preferences of yours, you will end up regretting. Wouldn't it be better to go for a car that is the least compromise?? Moreover, you will spend most of the time inside the car and if you do not like the interiors, it does not make sense going for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Hey I was at Whitefield Honda yesterday and got a chance to have a look at the new Jazz VX.
Hey CapnCook, at which Whitefield Honda showroom did you see the Jazz? The one in Mahadevapura (Whitefield Road) or the one in Cunningham Road? Which color was it and did you get a chance to get inside the car?

Last edited by Vigkey : 29th June 2015 at 12:18.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 12:28   #1504
BHPian

Does anyone know of any Honda showrooms in Chennai that have received the Jazz model for display? Would like to go check it out in person.

It is a bit disappointing that, unlike most other brands, Honda hasn't done the usual routine of displaying the car in malls etc.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:55   #1505
BHPian

I tried to visit Sundaram Honda in Hyderabad for a glimpse but he said they'll get it on 8th Jul. If any other dealer in Hyderabad has it please let me know. I won't be able to visit the service areas as I don't own a Honda. Yet.
Old 29th June 2015, 14:06   #1506
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I tried to visit Sundaram Honda in Hyderabad for a glimpse but he said they'll get it on 8th Jul. If any other dealer in Hyderabad has it please let me know. I won't be able to visit the service areas as I don't own a Honda. Yet.
Pride Honda, Madhapur has a vehicle in their backyard (literally). Am intending to go there in a few hours from now.
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 15:16   #1507
BHPian

Just got a call from Capital Honda, Chennai. They told me that the launch will happen only on July 24. Not sure if they meant the actual launch or the date on which Chennai folks will get hold of the vehicle.

Last edited by prkiran : 29th June 2015 at 15:17. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 29th June 2015, 15:21   #1508

Have booked a test drive of this car. Loved the car in its first innings but the steep price tag made me choose a Swift instead.

Love the new avatar's shape and sporty looks. Hope Honda has realized trheir pricing folly from the last time.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:19   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey CapnCook, at which Whitefield Honda showroom did you see the Jazz? The one in Mahadevapura (Whitefield Road) or the one in Cunningham Road? Which color was it and did you get a chance to get inside the car?
At the Mahadevapura showroom. The color was Honda's Albaster Silver. It was VX trim with black seat covers and door panels. As a 2014 Honda City owner myself, I loved the practicality, quality and finish of the black fabric seats and interiors. I could also see a push to start button and a 5" audio player unit. The dashboard & steering wheel as we all know is identical to the Honda City.

The SA tried to open the door but it was locked and so I couldn't get inside the car.

Last edited by CapnCook : 30th June 2015 at 10:29.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:28   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the Mahadevapura showroom. The color was Honda's Albaster Silver. It was VX trim with black seat covers and door panels. As a 2014 Honda City owner myself, I loved the practicality, quality and finish of the black fabric seats and interiors. I could also see a push to start button and a 5" audio player unit. The dashboard & steering wheel as we all know is identical to the Honda City.
Are you saying the Jazz has the push button start and Honda has kept it under wraps to surprise the prospective customers?
If true, this is a H U G E leak.

May be this explains the presence of the circular provision of the push button start on the Jazz.. we were all wondering why Honda has kept that provision if it is not being offered in any variants of the Jazz!
Old 30th June 2015, 11:58   #1511
BHPian

Quote:

The SA tried to open the door but it was locked and so I couldn't get inside the car.
Hey CapnCook,
Are you sure about push to start button. Did you manage to take any picture.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:12   #1512
BHPian

Quote:

Hey buddy, are you sure you saw the Push-button start in Jazz?? - the same Red color button as in the City?? Hope you did not mistake the the black panel to be a button. No offense please, I am just trying to confirm as even the media cars did not have push-button start and they have not highlighted this in the Jazz website as well. The interior pics in Jazz website also has the black panel only. If you are sure the Jazz VX had push-button start - then it probably an after thought based on all the feedback Honda got from prospective buyers in FB, twitter and obviously forums like ours.

Also, the HU in Jazz VX should be the 6.2" one found in City VX(O) and not the 5" one found in City VX. Anyway, I am sure it would have been hard to differentiate them while looking from outside though.

Would have been really great if the SA was able to open the door and let you in. We could have got some pics as well
Old 30th June 2015, 12:22   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey buddy, are you sure you saw the Push-button start in Jazz?? - the same Red color button as in the City?? Hope you did not mistake the the black panel to be a button. No offense please, I am just trying to confirm as even the media cars did not have push-button start and they have not highlighted this in the Jazz website as well. The interior pics in Jazz website also has the black panel only. If you are sure the Jazz VX had push-button start - then it probably an after thought based on all the feedback Honda got from prospective buyers in FB, twitter and obviously forums like ours.

Also, the HU in Jazz VX should be the 6.2" one found in City VX(O) and not the 5" one found in City VX. Anyway, I am sure it would have been hard to differentiate them while looking from outside though.

Would have been really great if the SA was able to open the door and let you in. We could have got some pics as well
My thoughts exactly. The VX comes with a 6.2" touch-screen so was a bit confused. Like you say Vigkey it could be difficult to differentiate from the outside.
On one hand I would be happy if there was a Start Stop button but on the other hand it would just make me more upset that there is no VX CVT.

Last edited by SneakyFunk : 30th June 2015 at 12:31. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 30th June 2015, 12:37   #1514
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Pride Honda, Madhapur has a vehicle in their backyard (literally). Am intending to go there in a few hours from now.
I visited Pride Honda last evening and saw their display car - V (AT) in sunset orange in their garage area in the cellar. They requested not to take any pictures and said that test drives are allowed only from next week. Hopefully from Monday (6th) or worst case from 8th, they will start the test drives.

As of now around 35-40 bookings have been received for Jazz - just in their dealership. Many of the bookings have requested for diesel variant - its understandable. Honda has committed to release 80 Jazz units every month for the next 6-8 months based on their sales predictions.

The V (AT) version has everything except - magic seats, black-grey themed interior, height-adjustable seat belts. I jokingly speculated with the SA that Honda may release VX (AT) around Dusshera-Diwali depending on sales and he seemed to agree with me and infact said that his management is also speculating Vezel launch next year-end....
@KP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 14:26   #1515
BHPian

I did not click any pictures as I did not want my SA to get into any sort of trouble I think you guys must be right about the audio unit's screen size as I could not say with certainty about it's size from outside and would have got it's size mixed with that of City VX.

But coming to the Push to Start button, I think I am quite sure I saw it. In fact even the SA when he was introducing the car in his broken English told me that this car is fully loaded and even has a Push to Start button and is at par with City, gesturing the pressing of button with his thumb. Then I glanced over the driver's side and had a look at the dash and saw what indeed looked to me as the push to start button. Just hope if somebody else can also confirm this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed