Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:07   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Sensible of Honda. Take out the City's dash and instrument placement, cut the ends (is its required since both are around 1700 mm in width), and then get the Jazz dashboard. Even the parts may be the same.
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:06   #1547
BHPian

Actually the SA I met in the Hyderabad dealership also said Jazz will be priced slightly higher than Amaze. He couldn't or wouldn't tell how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hyundai priced the Elite I20 slightly higher than Xcent and still the Xcent is struggling to sell in decent numbers.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:09   #1548
BHPian

Dealer :- Vision Honda, Thrissur , Kerala
Booking Amount :- Rs 51,000 (Full refund if cancelled)
Information Provided :- Colors, Top end variant features, Augmented Reality App etc
No of Bookings :- Around 40 bookings (all variants combined)
Expected waiting period :- The waiting period for Jazz will extend from 1 - 2 months on new bookings
Interesting fact :- 50% of the booking in the dealership is for Diesel Jazz with the rest split between auto and manual petrol.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:47   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
The pricing strategy of putting the Jazz alongside the Amaze is baffling.
While it will ensure great numbers for the Jazz, it kind of puts nail in the coffin of the Amaze (which anyways is struggling already).
To be frank, I do not think Honda will price Jazz on par or below Amaze - Jazz will get at least 10-15k premium, that way being on par / slightly undercutting i20. Majority of the urban population will go for Jazz (when it is Jazz vs Amaze) even if Jazz is priced above.

If Jazz is priced on par with Amaze, that would essentially mean the decline of Amaze and Jazz will gain a lot of interest as you said. However, that will result in huge problem for Honda. All models manufactured in their Noida plant have no demand and the 2 models from Tapukara has a lot of demand. How will they plan the supply, how will they ensure effective usage of capacity and resources needs to be seen.

Quote:
Hyundai priced the Elite I20 slightly higher than Xcent and still the Xcent is struggling to sell in decent numbers. Also, the Xcent at least has a bigger boot to boast of. Amaze doesn't have that advantage as well (Jazz is going to have nearly the same boot space but more flexibility).
If Honda gave its premium hatchback the 6-speed gearbox, Hyundai has given its compact sedan an inferior diesel engine. That is the primary reason why Xcent has not clicked well. Had Xcent got the 1.4 diesel from i20 even with a 5 speed gearbox, Xcent would have got better numbers and i20 would have got slightly lesser numbers. The cross shopping is very evident IMO. Another problem with Xcent was the amount of marketing it got. I am sure Amaze being the first diesel from Honda gained a lot of attention and Honda marketed it well so that it got high visibility in Tier 2 and 3 cities as well. I dont think Hyundai managed to do that with Xcent. I am sure sales of Xcent in Tier 2 / 3 cities are a lot lesser compared to Amaze.

Quote:
Now, I wonder, what Honda plans to do with the Brio platform - the Brio is dead, the Amaze is surely going to the death bed after launch of Jazz, Mobilio is already dead... so all the investment in the low cost platform seems to have gone totally waste.
No wonder Honda is rushing the launch for BR-V. I am sure they will need more time to get returns for the investment and I do not think they will give up easily. However, Honda's biggest mistake was Mobilio pricing. Previous Jazz at least deserved to be priced at a premium for the quality and flexibility it offered, but Mobilio pricing was plain stupid IMO. Honda will be hoping at least the BR-V clicks. Another thing they can do is the give Amaze and Mobilio the well deserved makeover - especially in the interior. I am sure that will happen as soon as BR-V launches - provided the cars manage to stay alive till then.

Quote:
First Toyota failed miserably with the Etios, now Honda with the Brio. I think this is a big lesson for the GLOBAL auto manufacturers. Indians want value-for-money cars not cheap pathetic ones.
Very true Adimicra Hyundai deserves all the accolades for launching only global products in India and they are reaping the benefits. Maruti on the other hand is now striking a pleasant balance with products like Celerio on one hand and S-Cross and YRA on the other hand. Even Ciaz has been appreciated for what it offers for the money. Honda will also hope to gain success with their global model Jazz this time around!!!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
For some reason the sales guy was giving contradicting info regarding push button start on the VX. He was very confident that the top end is going to come with a push start button.

About the car, It was fantastic! Loved it. build quality is better than the new honda city/amaze.
Thats nice buddy. But which variant did he show you? Weren't there any VX Jazz in the showroom?? If it was there, you could have confirmed the presence of Push-button start then and there. Nice to know the car looks well build even compared to City

Last edited by Vigkey : 3rd July 2015 at 18:17.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:05   #1550
BHPian

Had a detailed look at the car at one of the Hyderabad showrooms. Sales guy requested me not to take any pictures for obvious reasons so dint. For some reason the sales guy was giving contradicting info regarding push button start on the VX. He was very confident that the top end is going to come with a push start button.

About the car, It was fantastic! Loved it. build quality is better than the new honda city/amaze.
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:11   #1551
BHPian

Went to Capital Honda to have a peek at the Jazz.
I expected the Orange to be a bit striking.

It looked a bit plain. IMHO it looks best in white.
175/65/15 tyres. The VX had Michelin tyres while the V had Bridgestone.

It somehow lacks the wow factor which the Swift and i20 had at launch.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:26   #1552
BHPian

There is no push button start in any of the models of the Jazz, as was confirmed to me by the SA yesterday. The training provided by Honda has been below par and it shows in the confusion of the sales executives.
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:01   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the New Jazz here at the dealership. Here are some of my thoughts:
1) White VX petrol on display. (Yes, no push button start here)
2) Launch - 8th July
3) The SA expects it to be priced lower than Amaze
4) 5 Variants with a new copper color
5) Booking amount - 51,000 with no cancellation charge. Will settle the amount in 5 days if booking is canceled.

I was able to start the car and rolled it a bit before the SA came running to stop me . NVH is pretty good.

Here are some pictures:

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-a1.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-a2.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-a3.jpg

Not a fan of piano finish on the exterior. Scratch and finger print magnet

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-a4.jpg

Spoiler for the top end VX model

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b1.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b2.jpg

Ctrl+c and Ctrl+V from City

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-c1.jpg

Decent sound quality

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-c2.jpg

Wasnt able to test the A/C for long.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-c3.jpg

Mix of hard and soft plastics. Wish they had a fabric padding for the arm rests.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151259.jpg

Soft to hold but no contours like fords or other cars.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151327.jpg

Exposed screw head and what's the extra slot next to the window lock button?

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151332.jpg

The USP of Jazz - SPACE!

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151429.jpg

Driver Seat adjusted for my friends height - 5'8"

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151552.jpg

Lot of cubby holes

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151559.jpg

Really liked the sloping rear floor. (Hard to notice in the picture but was very comfortable)

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151612.jpg

Rear seat bottle holder - Pretty huge

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151618.jpg

174/65/R15 Michelin tires

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151635.jpg

Wheel arch.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151648.jpg

Engine

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151907.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151919.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151928.jpg

Sound insulation even for the petrol model. Nice

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_151942.jpg

Ignition ON!

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-img_20150703_152202.jpg

BTW, my friend went and booked the car later today.
naveen.raju is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:12   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Checked out the New Jazz here at the dealership.
Nice detailed snaps @naveen.raju . You just gave away name of the dealership pasted on rear of the car in 6th snap

Can you also confirm if VX variant comes with height adjustable seat belts. Also, did you check the glove box? If Yes, did you see any wires to be used for USB and iPod.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:21   #1555
SKB
BHPian

Dealer :- Sundaram Honda
My Choice:- CVT V Variant Golden Brown Metallic
No of Bookings :- Around 70 bookings (all variants combined with majority in Diesel)
Expected waiting period :- He promised me that he can deliver by month ending or by August 1st week.
Price: He was sure that the price will be more than Amaze and around 8.5Lacs for the top variant

Discounts: None not even body cover or mats

Small question? He mentioned to me that , for Insurance and loan I have to go with the dealer as it is a new car. I can choose any bank I want but have to go with them. Is he true?
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:52   #1556
BHPian

Just back after checking out the new Jazz in Nagpur. The service advisor expects the CVT V variant to be priced around 8 Lacs on road though I doubt it.

The car is very spacious and looks quite stunning in real life.Interiors are also nicely done.And yes, no Start Stop button in any of the versions.They have one model readily available which I can take home on 8th itself if I want .

The only downside: it came with MRF rubber.
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:54   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Dealer :- Sundaram Honda
My Choice:- CVT V Variant Golden Brown Metallic
No of Bookings :- Around 70 bookings (all variants combined with majority in Diesel)
Expected waiting period :- He promised me that he can deliver by month ending or by August 1st week.
Price: He was sure that the price will be more than Amaze and around 8.5Lacs for the top variant

Discounts: None not even body cover or mats

Small question? He mentioned to me that , for Insurance and loan I have to go with the dealer as it is a new car. I can choose any bank I want but have to go with them. Is he true?
Not true. We took loan and insurance both from outside. You can do one thing. Take an outside quote. Go to your dealer and ask him to match it. In most cases they match it.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:40   #1558
BHPian

Is there any news on safety features? Would like to know which variants will come with ABS and airbags.
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:12   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Is there any news on safety features? Would like to know which variants will come with ABS and airbags.
You have not been following this thread closely. Variant and feature details in Post # 1444 on Page # 97.

News from Kolkata. Called all the 3 dealers in town and no one wanted to show me the car. Will have to wait till 9th to get e view and no idea on when I can manage to drive one. They are taking bookings though. Waiting for the launch before I sign the dotted line.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:23   #1560
Senior - BHPian

One observation which I wanted to call out.

Honda seems to have nailed it with the design of the new Jazz ..I mean the aam junta (read: non auto enthusiasts , non BHPians) are loving the design. I have several of my friends and colleagues comment about how good it looks and these people normally don't talk about cars! I feel this is a huge USP for the Jazz alongside the space, mileage, flexibility.

If Honda prices it near the I20 (+- 15K ), this car is going to be a huge success. And I am willing to stick my neck out and say that Jazz is probably going to dethrone the I20 if it's priced same or less. Even otherwise with a slight premium over the I20, it will give the I20 very tough competition. The sales charts for the next few months are going to be really interesting. I hope Honda has capacity to produce in enough numbers to cater to the demand.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed