Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:37   #1561
BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Pics of Honda Jazz virtual tour on display at some of the dealers. They use a tablet and you are asked to focus on the following stand. To view it from all angles, you need to go around it.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-1.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-3.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-4.jpg

Source: TAI
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 04:08   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Honda seems to have nailed it with the design of the new Jazz ..I mean the aam junta (read: non auto enthusiasts , non BHPians) are loving the design. I have several of my friends and colleagues comment about how good it looks and these people normally don't talk about cars! I feel this is a huge USP for the Jazz alongside the space, mileage, flexibility.
Adimicra, I am not sure if I understand your point correctly. correct me if I am wrong.

Do you mean that the design is appealing ONLY to aam junta (non auto enthusiasts , non BHPians) or that it is appealing ALSO to the aam junta. I would totally agree if you meant the latter

I am a BHP-ian and would call myself an enthusiast and I love the design of Jazz - I for one was not very fond of the previous generation's exterior looks. Even though pretty futuristic, I found it funky and its headlight bug-eyed. This is my personal opinion and owners kindly do not take any offense. After all, looks are totally individual preferences. However, I fell in love with the new Jazz's looks the first time I saw it - Yes, I saw it in Team-BHP in this very same thread. It was very contemporary yet modern, youthful but mature. I actually liked the Jazz's looks more than Elite i20's - the front hexagonal grille and the pattern inside somehow did not attract me. Even the well appreciated tail lamp did not impress me much. It felt too fluidic compared to the overall European design language used in the car. In fact I absolutely love the frontal looks of i20 Active with the inverted grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
If Honda prices it near the I20 (+- 15K ), this car is going to be a huge success. And I am willing to stick my neck out and say that Jazz is probably going to dethrone the I20 if it's priced same or less. Even otherwise with a slight premium over the I20, it will give the I20 very tough competition. The sales charts for the next few months are going to be really interesting. I hope Honda has capacity to produce in enough numbers to cater to the demand.
Honestly speaking, I don't think even Honda has any plans to dethrone i20. I am sure Honda is aiming not more than 5k Jazzs to be sold per month - mainly due to their production constraints. That is the only thing that worries me and makes me feel Honda might price it slightly (~15k) above i20 - so that the demand will be restricted and margins will also be good. Imagine what will happen if Jazz is priced 15k below i20 and there is demand for 7k Jazz per month - Huge waiting + unsatisfied customers and similar profits (due to lesser margins). Wouldn't Honda prefer the former with more happy customers and lesser wait times?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2015 at 06:35. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Old 4th July 2015, 06:12   #1563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Nice detailed snaps @naveen.raju . You just gave away name of the dealership pasted on rear of the car in 6th snap

Can you also confirm if VX variant comes with height adjustable seat belts. Also, did you check the glove box? If Yes, did you see any wires to be used for USB and iPod.
LOL. Nope, couldnt check the car in detail. The pictures show what I checked.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 13:01   #1564
BHPian

Interesting article in Financial Express titled "The new Honda Jazz, now more fit for the Indian market"

The article carries opinion of experts who comment on importance of price and features for Indian customers and how Jazz stacks against Elite i20. Following are some of the excerpts:

Quote:
Harish Bijoor, brand expert & CEO, Harish Bijoor Consults Inc, feels that while the new Jazz is a much improved car and even comes with a diesel engine, the Indian buyer is still price-conscious. “Today, there are many options in the category the Jazz is entering. Price runs and ruins categories and that’s exactly what happened to the Jazz last time round. It was a terrific offering, but got locked into the pricing mindset of the ‘hatchback’. The market, in fact, remains conscious of the length of the car vis-a-vis pricing. A sedan is a sedan-length and can be priced as a sedan. A hatchback needs to be priced as a hatchback, premium or otherwise. ‘What is outside is more important than what is inside’ is the mentality in a show-and-tell category of car ownership in India. And this is one.”
Quote:
Gaurav Vangaal, analyst, IHS Automotive, says that being in the premium hatchback segment does not mean you don’t have to be price-competitive. “Nowadays, price skimming strategy looks outdated in the Indian market and car-makers are clinching buyers from each other on each move. The success of the new Jazz will definitely depend on the upholding of strong brand equity and the price tag of the featured-stuffed vehicle when compared to the competition. Honda itself experienced the difference in the recent past with the Amaze and the Mobilio,” he says.
Quote:
Majeed says that if features are to be compared between the Jazz and the Elite i20, it is a close call. “The new Jazz is more versatile. For example, its boot space is around 340 litres and the back-seat can be folded for extra space. It also gets something called as Magic Seats, in which you can fold all seats in various ways—among other adjustments, the front passenger seat can be folded down flat to give the rear passenger a business class experience. The Elite i20, while spacious, loses out on boot space and versatility,” he says. He further adds that the new Jazz has touchscreen entertainment whereas the Elite i20 will get this shortly. “However, the Elite i20 has push-button start feature along with rear AC vents, which are missing in the Jazz. In terms of fuel-efficiency in diesel, the Jazz claims 27 kmpl while the Elite i20 returns around 22-23 kmpl. In the end, buying decision is based on the looks of a car and is also a personal choice. We may have to wait a few months—maybe till the close of the festive season—to know how the new Jazz fares in the market and who the real winner is in this segment,” Majeed says.

Vangaal is clear that the new Jazz may not be able to do a City. “The brand City—one of the best established in the Indian automobile market—is incomparable. It will be relatively tough for the new Jazz to take on the well-settled Elite i20, which also enjoys a better dealership network, thus higher visibility,” he adds.
Source: FE
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 20:06   #1565
BHPian

Honda has updated its website showing Jazz on the homepage among current models. Also they have shared live link for the webcast on 8th July at 12pm.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz.png

Webcast link: https://hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/webcast.html

Also Honda invited 80+ bloggers to test drive Honda Jazz at Buddh International cirucit. Following are some of the snaps from this event:
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-0.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-1.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-3.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-5.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-6.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-9.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 4th July 2015 at 20:21.
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 21:48   #1566
BHPian

Received a call and an email from Deccan Honda Pune. They have the launch at 4 PM on 8th and the car will be available at both, Bund Garden Road & Dhankawdi showrooms for viewing.
The lady on the phone was unsure if test drives would be available on the 8th itself.
Old 4th July 2015, 21:49   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Small question? He mentioned to me that , for Insurance and loan I have to go with the dealer as it is a new car. I can choose any bank I want but have to go with them. Is he true?
This is the same kind of arrogance that Ford dealers displayed when the Ecosport was launched.

You can easily negotiate your way around this. Simply insist that you will decide where to buy insurance from and source your loan.

Off topic - the SA I'm dealing with lied to me that they do not have any cars in nearby backyards. Less than 24 hours later, I sighted lots of new cars parked in a stockyard attached to this dealership - I'd have been happier if he just mentioned that he is unable to organise a preview.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:05   #1568
BHPian

The SA who is in touch with me invited me over for the launch on the 8th. As I want a longer test drive so he asked me to wait till the 9th or 10th for the same because of the volume of customers. And they have also received their whole stock of cars.
Incidentally the exact colour and variant I want is available for delivery on 9th July itself. But my plans to buy it are a couple of months away at least.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:07   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Off topic - the SA I'm dealing with lied to me that they do not have any cars in nearby backyards. Less than 24 hours later, I sighted lots of new cars parked in a stockyard attached to this dealership - I'd have been happier if he just mentioned that he is unable to organise a preview.
Hope this was in Bangalore - Which dealership was this? I reached out to both Whitefield Honda (Whitefield Road) and Magnum Honda (Mekhri Circle) dealerships. The conversation goes on these lines and both gave me the standard and template reponse -

Me: "Hi, I am calling you to know about Honda Jazz"
Dealership :"The Jazz is not yet launched sir, it is launching only on 8th sir". Me: "I know all that, but I wish to check out the car in your stockyard to get a feel of how it is and then proceed with the pre-booking."
Dealership: "We don't have the car sir, we don't have any details sir, we will get the car only on 8th sir, we will call you once we get the car sir"
Me: "See, I know you have the car. Some of my friends have already seen it in your place. Tell me if you are ready to show me or not"
Dealership: "Sorry sir. We can show you only after 8th. Honda has asked us to give preview only after launch."
Me: "Thanks a lot for your enthusiastic sales attempt. Good Bye"

It purely depends on the SA, if they are willing to show you or not. Anyways I don't think I will make another call / visit till 8th. It is just 4 days away and I am in no hurry.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:24   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hope this was in Bangalore - Which dealership was this? I reached out to both Whitefield Honda (Whitefield Road) and Magnum Honda (Mekhri Circle) dealerships. The conversation goes on these lines and both gave me the standard and template reponse.
This was at Magnum, Mekhri Circle (which I confused for Dakshin in an earlier post) and we had a similar lackadaisical response. This, in spite of personally going to the dealership and handing over a cheque for 51k (booked for my FIL). We wanted to have a look as my FIL will be away on a business trip.

I sighted the array of cars parked at the Yeswantpur ORR stockyard.

Last edited by pannags : 4th July 2015 at 22:25.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:50   #1571
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
This is the same kind of arrogance that Ford dealers displayed when the Ecosport was launched.

You can easily negotiate your way around this. Simply insist that you will decide where to buy insurance from and source your loan.

Thank you for the info. I will talk to my SA about that, I even kinda mentioned that I will go with my own if I am not happy with the discount provided for insurance.

BTW I even went today to talk to SA. He was happy to show the car. I sat inside and it is a V variant manual transmission. BTW there is only adjustable tilt but no telescopic function for the steering wheel. I personally loved brown metallic but it seems a lot of bookings were for urban titanium and mainly diesel.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2015 at 09:33. Reason: Post edited for grammar, spell-check & spacing.
Old 4th July 2015, 23:44   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
It purely depends on the SA, if they are willing to show you or not.
Quote:
I sighted the array of cars parked at the Yeswantpur ORR stockyard.
Rightly said Vigkey, if you have a rapport with the SA / Sr. dealership folks, you would not only get a preview, but also priority on their waiting list (common across dealers of all brands, I would say). You would also get benefits on the loan & insurance passed on to you. In fact, a couple of years back when a friend was picking up his Honda City, the dealer pocketed the dealer's contribution of the corporate benefit that Honda gives. (In this case - the total corporate benefit applicable was 15k of which the dealer would have to bear 7.5K, however, my friend only got 7.5K discount which was the manufacturer's share). Sorry for the OT, but just wanted to point out the difference between a walk-in customer v/s someone who knows a Sr. chap at the dealership. Happens everywhere I guess.
Old 5th July 2015, 14:35   #1573
BHPian

Here are the combination meters of the Jazz and the City. It seems the Jazz does not get the blue rings like it is there in the City. Shame because I liked the ones in the City.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th July 2015 at 14:59. Reason: It's a W.I.P. Will be up shortly thanks!
Old 5th July 2015, 14:45   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Honda has updated its website showing Jazz on the homepage among current models. Also they have shared live link for the webcast on 8th July at 12pm.

Attachment 1389175

Webcast link: https://hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/webcast.html

Also Honda invited 80+ bloggers to test drive Honda Jazz at Buddh International cirucit. Following are some of the snaps from this event:
In the fourth photo from the top, is the shade of car no 3 Golden Brown Metallic? Also is the shade of car no 5 the same?
Old 5th July 2015, 14:56   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
In the fourth photo from the top, is the shade of car no 3 Golden Brown Metallic? Also is the shade of car no 5 the same?
Yes, the colors are the same and it is Golden Brown Metallic. Following are the 7 colors in which Jazz will be available. The shade of some of these colors look different depending on sunlight. Golden Brown at times looks Black from a distance. If you look at Sunset orange Jazz, in some pics they appear as Red.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-exterior.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 5th July 2015 at 14:58.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks