Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 10:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Mod Note: Our Honda Jazz Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

At this year's Tokyo Motor Show, Japanese car giant Honda will unveil the next generation 2014 Jazz hatchback. The 2014 Jazz hatchback, also known as the Fit, will sit on an all new platform that will underpin two other cars, the next generation City sedan and the Jazz based compact SUV. The 2014 Jazz will be relaunched in India early next year even as Honda has discontinued the current model of the car on the back of poor sales. The next generation Jazz sold in India will be available with petrol and diesel engines, thus addressing a long standing void in the car's variant arsenal, of that of a missing turbo diesel motor.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2014-honda-jazz-hatchback-render.jpg

Here are a few speculative details emerging about the 2014 Jazz hatchback,

* The car is said to offer more space on the inside due to increased dimensions on the outside. Already one of the most spacious B+ segment hatchbacks due to brilliant packaging and the man maximum-machine minimum design philosophy from Honda, the 2014 Jazz could take this theme a step further.

* The length of the car could go up by 6 centimeters, taking the car's length to 3.96 meters.

* The wheelbase too is said to increase by 8 centimeters, going up to 2.58 meters.

* The increase in length and wheelbase will liberate more space for passengers as well as for luggage.

* A class leading 400 liter boot is what's being projected for the 2014 Jazz.

With all these changes, the 2014 Jazz promises to be a highly versatile hatchback (think Magic Seats) in terms of the amount of space it offers to its passengers. For the Indian car market, the 1.5 Liter i-DTEC turbo diesel engine will be the much needed addition to the 2014 Jazz. We expect the next generation Jazz to be pitted straight at the Hyundai i20 in terms of price and equipment levels. Honda will have to price the 2014 Jazz competitively and a high level of localization will certainly help matters.

Source NoticiasAutomotivas and Render Courtesy Kodansha-bc

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Linking to review :)
JayPrashanth is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 10:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

I am glad that Honda is going to re-launch this amazing car. Having tasted success with Amaze, i am sure now they will not go wrong with the price plus new and tried at tested oil burner(on amaze) will attract more customers.

This can surely give cars like Swift and i20 run for their money as both Maruti and Hyundai have been charging premium for these cars !!
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 10:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

My favorite sub 10 lakh rupee car. Spacious, reliable, good looking, pratical this car has everything going for it. It was even priced well after the price cut by Honda. Hoping they launch the new one soon. I will be in the queue to buy one.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

They should try to increase the ground clearance and with diesel motor it becomes a very practical car for our country. It would create a new segment. Hope they keep 'price minimum' too
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 11:04   #5
BHPian

I think that looks quite excellent!
I still find that the old Jazz was one of the best cars in the segment, even if it was slightly expensive. That said, people tend to discount that the old Jazz came with Airbags+ABS in all models, which automatically increases the price.

The new Jazz if has the same strengths as the old one, along with a diesel engine should become a success as long as Honda don't give the stupid initial pricing that the old one had.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ah the Honda Jazz...
The current Jazz was discontinued the very day we went for a test drive. Else we would have bought that instead of the Swift that we did. Oh how I have missed the Jazz.
I for one look forward to this as our next small car assuming it will be heavily localised and not cost us our kidneys that the previous one did.
Thanks for sharing the picture. Looks modern.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that the Jazz project is not just dead, yet. IFO absolutely love the Jazz for everything it has to offer! The new one, if going by what the rumors and pictures say, looks more bigger than the outgoing version and with the diesel engine plonked in it'll give Honda that much needed edge in the hatchback market, once again.

With the Amaze and the new Jazz selling side-by-side there will be no stopping Honda.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:11   #8
BHPian

The Jazz has always been an amazing car, and the 1.5Ltr Diesel Engine car would indeed be a competition for the i20. A sub-4.00 meter would make it amazingly well-priced.

Honda Versus Hyundai, regardless of who wins the battle, the car-enthusiast will be spoiled for options!
Old 7th June 2013, 11:37   #9
BHPian

Well the render looks nice. But as always the original product launched in India is far way from the renders. For example, HID would be converted to normal Bulb Headlamps (Even Civic does not have HID in India), tyres downsized et all.

But Jazz has always looked fab. Pricing is the major concern. Hope Honda learns from their last mistake & price it right. Also, i-Dtech is a necessity. This is potentially an i20 Killer.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Are those DRLs on the grille between the Honda badge and the headlamps?

I hated the Jazz for the price it was introduced initially, but once I spent some time behind the wheel, it just made sense - even the slightly higher price tag.

A good revv happy petrol engine as expected from a Honda would be perfect. Hope it doesn't get neglected given the fact Honda now wants to push the I-Dtec.

Last edited by parrys : 7th June 2013 at 12:07.
parrys is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 11:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

I visited the local Honda dealer couple of days ago to TD the Amaze and ended up asking about the Jazz. The dealer said that Jazz will be re launched in its new avatar sometime end of this year and should go on sale early 2014. He also mentioned that new jazz is expected to be launched in 3 engine options and only 1 model / variant. Fully loaded.

The assumptions of the SA are
1. 1.2 Ltrs Petrol MT
2. 1.2 / 1.5 Ltrs Petrol AT
3. 1.5 Ltrs Diesel MT.

I have no idea how far these claims that are made by the SA are true. Only time will tell. Nevertheless, Jazz is a wonderful car and i know so many people who own one and all are extremely satisfied and are excited with the news of the re launch.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 13:01   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's going to be a huge challenge for Honda to position the new Jazz.

Price overlap between the Amaze & new Jazz will be inevitable. Unlike Hyundai which had a long-in-the-tooth slow-selling sedan (Accent) overlapping with its premium hatchback (i20) in terms of price, the Amaze is new and has received a good market response too.

Fine balancing act it's going to be, selling a new sedan & fresh hatchback within the same price band.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 13:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fine balancing act it's going to be, selling a new sedan & fresh hatchback within the same price band.
Not to forget that they are projecting a 400 litre boot in the new Jazz, which would be identical to the Amaze.
parrys is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 13:30   #14
BHPian

Hope they have the pricing correct this time. The diesel engine is a welcome move and will offer stiff competition to the likes of i20.
Old 7th June 2013, 13:48   #15
BHPian

Jazz in its current avatar already was very roomy from inside. With further increase in length, Honda might try to squeeze in a third row of seat. If this happens, then Honda would have a winner and there would be no overlap with amaze.
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks